IGNORED

Crowd v Reading

Sleepy1968

15 hours ago, oldrosie said:

I'm off to Neath versus Aberavon in the El Classico South wales derby.  And guess what?? Not a police officer in sight .... pay on the day ... fierce local rivalry ... tough working class area ... both sets of fans drinking together in the clubhouse (together with some English visitors) .... but not a sign of trouble because? ... it's rugby ... love it!

It's Rugby - No Passion!!

Merry Xmas everyone

i am in Walsall today but have just been informed the atyeo stand will now be shared with reading , pay on the day for home fans.  City fans will be in the corner as per norm ! 

No tickets available on the day for away fans 

Good luck and enjoy the day. 

14 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Merry Xmas everyone

i am in Walsall today but have just been informed the atyeo stand will now be shared with reading , pay on the day for home fans.  City fans will be in the corner as per norm ! 

No tickets available on the day for away fans 

Good luck and enjoy the day. 

What have you done to deserve being sent to Walsall?

Anyone who got up this morning and saw sunshine might be tempted to wander down and potd.  Since it is going to piss down and blow a gale this afternoon, a few making last minute decisions might not bother. Still reckon we will get close to 24k if we have sold 22,700 already.

Unfortunately, we don't seem to play so well in bad weather. Fingers crossed for a home win today with Derby and Baadiff both losing.

2 hours ago, harrys said:

It will be almost a sell-out in the home ends, there will be nearly 3000 empty seats in the Atyeo with only 1100 Reading fans making the journey 

It may end up being. But it can’t be concerning close at the moment, or it wouldn’t be POTD. 

Remarkable to think that just a season or two ago the prospect of selling out a 27k stadium seemed remote. I used to worry that the stadium would look empty. Yet here we are virtually full for the second time in a week, and only able to sell more home tickets because of a small away following.

When we played West Ham in 2015, the game made general sale and only sold out at the last minute despite a capacity of 13k.

So many reasons to be proud and optimistic about our club right now.

15 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

seemed like we were suddenly plugged in (to the mains), in the 53rd minute. We were saying it was really quiet and suddenly the crowd came to life…as did the game. 

yeah the team and crowd really feed off each other. The crowd really get going when the team start playing and the team just continue to rise to the challenge the more the crowd start to be heard. Just a shame they are both so shy and not willing to make the first move sooner.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

1984, 4-3 v Plymouth. Tommy Tynan got a hat trick for them.

A game I`ll always remember

I remember that game as the day I learnt a rude football song - Tommy Tynan he is the meanest, he..... :P

The other Boxing Day game I went to was Coventry (78 or 79) - 5-0 Royle hatrick.

...and then today.

Archived