IGNORED

Gustav Engval

ronsco

27 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

So what do we think he's got in that ball bag he's holding in his right hand? 

Iceburg lettuce?, swede?, one of Robboreds bowling woods? ,  or something amusing?? 

So what's he got in his ball bag? 

I'm more concerned about how shiny his jacket is. Jesus.

18 hours ago, spudski said:

As regards speaking English...didn't LJ say recently that he's learning French? Maybe a few more Frenchie's coming our way? Or purely for Diediou's sake?

18 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

I think when it was first mentioned LJ said it was to help Diedhiou, but then again that may have just been for the media.

18 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Was initially in an LJ interview a couple of weeks ago, but has been referenced in articles on us since around the Manchester Reds game.

He first mentioned it when he said that Kodjia was tactically more naive than some of our 17 year olds, and that he was learning French to get his instructions across rather than just shouting Jimi and pointing.

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Who wants to tell him?

Aha! .. :laugh:  :thumbsup: 

(yea, but no, but yea but wot I quite reasonably assumed was... the mystery object was probably an incognito spy cam disguised as an iceburg lettuce, swede or something and the pic was shot while looking into a mirror.... honest. ) So on reflection rights not wrong afterall is it? Duh! )

On the other hand , if I'm not wrong in thinking you're thinking the right hand is the wrong hand, then you're saying the left hand is the right hand when infact if mirrors come into it I'm right and you're wrong the right hand as opposed to the left is not wrong it's right .. innit?)

Unless there is something else you want to tell me?   :) 

On 28/12/2017 at 15:33, Newquay-Red said:

I'm not assessing it by the number of speakers. I took a course this term which ranks the accessibility by various factors including the amount of countries that have adopted it and the aptitude of the language teaching in each nation. This means that while languages such as Urdu and Mandarin have huge amounts of speakers, they are regionally restricted. The old (for want of a better word) colonial nations still have the most effective and widely spread languages. English is ahead by far, followed by French, and then Spanish.

The English language is made up of German , Scandinavian and French languages after their invasions and subsequent settling in this country. 

French was the language of the aristocracy and Royal courts in  Europe for centuries.

This is one of the reasons why many law, military and cultural ' English ' words are taken from our neighbours across the Channel.

Archived