IGNORED

Gustav Engval

ronsco

The bottom picture (with Joe in it) I think is a good indication of how Djúric and Magnússon have helped Pisano settle.  They all speak Italian, although both Milan and Hörður speak very decent English.  I think Cauley Woodrow (behind, Left) was hoping to improve his English by being around them.

Gustav has not been back long (and gone to Sweden for Xmas), but said he’s been helping Niklas Eliasson settle.  Eliasson’s English is the pick of the bunch, he sounds more American, you’d be hard-pushed to guess he’s Swedish.  He mixed with Reid and Leko in the video games room.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The bottom picture (with Joe in it) I think is a good indication of how Djúric and Magnússon have helped Pisano settle.  They all speak Italian, although both Milan and Hörður speak very decent English.  I think Cauley Woodrow (behind, Left) was hoping to improve his English by being around them.

Gustav has not been back long (and gone to Sweden for Xmas), but said he’s been helping Niklas Eliasson settle.  Eliasson’s English is the pick of the bunch, he sounds more American, you’d be hard-pushed to guess he’s Swedish.  He mixed with Reid and Leko in the video games room.

I think I've heard before that a lot of Scaninavians have an American accent when they speak English because they watch a lot of the American tv shows and films.

The standard of English speaking over there is actually very good.

What is the rule for playing with different teams in a season? He played some minutes with us before he went back out on loan. Can he go on loan again? 

Think he should stick around to be honest. He could easily push Matty Taylor and Cauley Woodrow down the pecking order if he worked hard enough. We just gained two extra fixtures in January and he should play against Watford. He has a chance to get some minutes imo and if ever does make it here he will have to stay and learn our style. Then have a whole summer with us. Make or break 9 months with us in Bristol. 

14 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

His biggest problem is his close to zero working rate 

Find this hard to believe. Our scouting system has done well in numerous other cases and I really don't believe we'd spend as much as we did on him if he wasn't willing to work hard.

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

Find this hard to believe. Our scouting system has done well in numerous other cases and I really don't believe we'd spend as much as we did on him if he wasn't willing to work hard.

In the Hull game last season he chased every single ball played for him, keeping a few in that looked certain to go out for throw ins or goal kicks so I find him having a poor work rate hard to believe too.

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

It's not his style of football. I have been watching quite a few games (some crap team called Djurgårdens IF) just to specifically follow Gustav on the pitch and he hardly need to shower  

1 minute ago, bristolcitysweden said:

It's not his style of football. I have been watching quite a few games (some crap team called Djurgårdens IF) just to specifically follow Gustav on the pitch and he hardly need to shower  

I bow to your superior knowledge if you've been watching him, but I really don't see us signing a player who wasn't willing to work hard. It's a key part of our team ethos. We press from the front in the way BR does, and unless LJ thinks he can coach it then it doesn't make sense. We can't afford passengers.

7 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I bow to your superior knowledge if you've been watching him, but I really don't see us signing a player who wasn't willing to work hard. It's a key part of our team ethos. We press from the front in the way BR does, and unless LJ thinks he can coach it then it doesn't make sense. We can't afford passengers.

To be fair, Eliasson wasn't a hard worker defensively, this was acknowledged by LJ and it was something they said they'd specifically work on with him. But he was signed anyway because he was identified as being exceptional in other areas.

Unfortunately we've only seen glimpses of Eliasson playing well, hopefully his consistency will come as he gets more game time.

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

To be fair, Eliasson wasn't a hard worker defensively, this was acknowledged by LJ and it was something they said they'd specifically work on with him. But he was signed anyway because he was identified as being exceptional in other areas.

Unfortunately we've only seen glimpses of Eliasson playing well, hopefully his consistency will come as he gets more game time.

Yeah actually, forgot that, although I'd say for our pressing game, the striker is far more important than our wide players. It looks like theres a player somewhere in Eliasson, hopefully theres one in Gus too.

Archived