IGNORED

Swansea

RUSSEL85

Although this is a appointment to the end of the season can't help but thing they are looking ahead to next season in the chamionship. Make way for bristol city , after all the last four chamionship teams to reach the quater final of the league cup have gone on to win promotion in the same season ! So let's make it 5! 

I can see the (very small amount of) sense here. Swansea came up with a reputation for playing good football which slowly eroded as they became just another generic lower Prem side. Their fanbase has seen enough of the dross and many also know that they are doomed. I think they would prefer to attempt to play good football instead of go down as generic Pulis side number 12. Before this season Weds played some of the best football in the league. No one yet knows if this will be translated to the Prem but at least they are giving it a go

1 minute ago, spudski said:

I look at Swansea, and they were The 'Model Club' when they went up.

Then it all went wrong.

Some poor appointments in recent years.

Making sure of survival, instead of playing to your beliefs?

I think they always were going to have a ceiling. Smallish town, not the most glamorous area, smaller stadium.. they’re a Championship side really in my opinion.

What they’ve achieved over the last 10 years or so is very admirable. I thought Clement would be a decent appointment but maybe he’s a better coach than manager. 

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think they always were going to have a ceiling. Smallish town, not the most glamorous area, smaller stadium.. they’re a Championship side really in my opinion.

What they’ve achieved over the last 10 years or so is very admirable. I thought Clement would be a decent appointment but maybe he’s a better coach than manager. 

I thought them and Southampton were going to show everyone outside the top 6 how it could be done. Things going sour for Saints too. They look really boring to watch these days.

Then you look at Burnley and their manager...and think wow.

14 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Agreed.

Hoping we can swap places with them :fingerscrossed::yes:

16 minutes ago, spudski said:

I thought them and Southampton were going to show everyone outside the top 6 how it could be done. Things going sour for Saints too. They look really boring to watch these days.

Then you look at Burnley and their manager...and think wow.

It's gone downhill for them ever since Laudrup and Michu left.

What happened to Michu anyway?

He came from nowhere, made his mark including being called up for Spain then went back to nowhere.

34 minutes ago, spudski said:

Then it all went wrong.

As the clubs see the money pouring in they get scared at the threat of relegation and just start to slowly drift into the low/bottom prem player pool. With a few of these players and some of lesser ability they then hope to preserve their Prem position but in reality it just corrodes what got them there in the first place.

I hope if we ever make it we continue the same sort of policy we have now, and really, really hope that we are a gateway for local talent to make it in the top flight.

15 minutes ago, Assassin Reid said:

It's gone downhill for them ever since Laudrup and Michu left.

What happened to Michu anyway?

He came from nowhere, made his mark including being called up for Spain then went back to nowhere.

5 minutes ago, Fiale said:

As the clubs see the money pouring in they get scared at the threat of relegation and just start to slowly drift into the low/bottom prem player pool. With a few of these players and some of lesser ability they then hope to preserve their Prem position but in reality it just corrodes what got them there in the first place.

I hope if we ever make it we continue the same sort of policy we have now, and really, really hope that we are a gateway for local talent to make it in the top flight.

Couldn't agree more.

Would much rather try and play attractive football and go down.

Mates at WBA hated it under Pullis.

And I feel for Stoke fans...so boring to watch week in week out.

2 hours ago, spudski said:

Then it all went wrong.

Swans fans will tell you the rot started when Monk was appointed and abandoned their playing style.

That was compounded by Huw Jenkins deciding to cash in by selling to Americans and sidelining the supporters representatives who were a key part of their model.

Nobody seems to know who is in charge of recruitment either, through it has been said that Jenkins is de facto Director of Football.

Selling your best players and not replacing then doesn't help either.

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

Swans fans will tell you the rot started when Monk was appointed and abandoned their playing style.

That was compounded by Huw Jenkins deciding to cash in by selling to Americans and sidelining the supporters representatives who were a key part of their model.

Nobody seems to know who is in charge of recruitment either, through it has been said that Jenkins is de facto Director of Football.

Selling your best players and not replacing then doesn't help either.

I vividly remember them being clapped off at Old Trafford and Anfield. They were a very, very good side to watch under Brendan Rodgers.

5 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Only the 16 clubs and 17 different managerial spells in 19 years.

He'd fit in well in the Prem.

6 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Let’s take a moment to look at that CV :blink:

30C3DA74-A7C4-43B4-8E24-F93BAB8ED2E4.png

Wow, more clubs than tiger woods, doesn’t hang around long does he 

7 hours ago, Assassin Reid said:

Sounds like a penny-pinching appointment to me.

How many managers have been sacked by a Championship side and then have walked immediately into a Premier League job?

I bet Carvalhal thinks it's Christmas.

One club's failure is another club's..........failure.

Archived