IGNORED

HARRY DOLMAN

oldstandrobin

1 hour ago, oldstandrobin said:

Just finished reading this which my wife got for me for Xmas. I well recommend this to ANY City Supporter as it tells us all what a passion Harry had for our club and which Marina has carried on. Can be purchased in the Club Shop. :clapping:

Was going to post the same, also just finished the book and found it an excellent read, some of our younger supporters reading it would learn about what a great man he was for our club. 

21 minutes ago, fanjita said:

Was going to post the same, also just finished the book and found it an excellent read, some of our younger supporters reading it would learn about what a great man he was for our club. 

Yes really great, only inaccuracy was referring to a previous manager as Peter Docherty when he was actually Peter Doherty

1 minute ago, oldstandrobin said:

I think you have to go personally into the shop and get it, any probs let me know (PM me) and can go and get it for you.

Thanks OSR I can get my brother to get it. Thanks for the review. I am also interested in the rest of his life, his inventions and his businesses. Sounds an interesting chap.

4 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

Had it for my birthday and am only a couple of chapters in. 

Highlight for me so far is where the maid let him shag her for fixing the bicycle. 

Yep that was really funny, tried it with my maid when I repaired her Vespa, still got the scars :whistle:

3 hours ago, oldstandrobin said:

Just finished reading this which my wife got for me for Xmas. I well recommend this to ANY City Supporter as it tells us all what a passion Harry had for our club and which Marina has carried on. Can be purchased in the Club Shop. :clapping:

I got it for Christmas too. Looking forward to reading it. 

38 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

One thing I'm wondering about is if the financing of the Dolman stand was the start of the bankruptcy.

Seeing as the Dolman was built circa 1969 and we went bust in 1982 that would be a "no".

1 hour ago, bristolcitysweden said:

One thing I'm wondering about is if the financing of the Dolman stand was the start of the bankruptcy.

44 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Seeing as the Dolman was built circa 1969 and we went bust in 1982 that would be a "no".

As Graham has said Tommy, there's no connection between the two. However, it could have been different if Dolman hadn't insisted in going ahead in the face of terrible inflation pressures against the wishes of the rest of the board. Chelsea got into financial difficulties around the same time because of stopping work on their own redevelopment.

Archived