IGNORED

Marlon Pack

MC RISK77

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yep, had a feeling Pack would get the pelters. 

Yes it was a silly foul. Those who say the ball was going out for a goal kick are incorrect. In the initial tackle to win the ball, Pack got a touch, so it was going out for a corner. 

But, why was Pack at left back in the last minute. Because Bryan was out of position. Firstly the pass their man made inside, Joe at this point, once the ball goes inside, should resume his shape and get out to left back to cover their full back running on. Instead, he carries on coming inside after the ball is played, leaving Pack to have to cover him at left back. 

Pack covered it well initially but then needed to turn to clear and he got challenged. Silly mistake, absolutely, but once again people don’t look at how the lead up to this happened. Joe not being disciplined as a left back. I love him as a winger, but all too often as a full back he does things like this and expects others to bail him out. 

Also, for their first goal. There is little danger until Joe races into midfield to win a ball he was never winning, leaving a gap as wide as the suspension bridge which they exploited and Magnússon had to cover across. Once again, and I said this on the “how to beat wolves thread” before the game, don’t get exposed wide to their counter-attacks. Joe, I’m afraid to say, left others to do his work again in this instance. For me, we looked more vulnerable once Joe went to left back. And wolves knew this and exploited it. 

If we are looking at culprits for the goal, watch Flint marking the scorer. Doesn’t get tight enough, allows him the run, then actually ducks under the ball. What the hell is he doing. If Flint jumps, he clears it. Why does he duck and make himself 5ft tall when he can be 6ft 9ins with a leap? Someone please answer me what he was doing there? 

But hey, it was all Packs fault! People need to seriously look at Bryan when at left back and realise the way he puts others under pressure with his positioning and decisions. He’s a super winger. He’s often a liability at full back. 

Pack should have spanked it with his right foot and no goal. Im sure even he would admit that so not sure why he can't take some blame.

15 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yes it was a silly foul. Those who say the ball was going out for a goal kick are incorrect. In the initial tackle to win the ball, Pack got a touch, so it was going out for a corner. 

But, why was Pack at left back in the last minute. Because Bryan was out of position. Firstly the pass their man made inside, Joe at this point, once the ball goes inside, should resume his shape and get out to left back to cover their full back running on. Instead, he carries on coming inside after the ball is played, leaving Pack to have to cover him at left back. 

Pack covered it well initially but then needed to turn to clear and he got challenged. Silly mistake, absolutely, but once again people don’t look at how the lead up to this happened. Joe not being disciplined as a left back. I love him as a winger, but all too often as a full back he does things like this and expects others to bail him out. 

Also, for their first goal. There is little danger until Joe races into midfield to win a ball he was never winning, leaving a gap as wide as the suspension bridge which they exploited and Magnússon had to cover across. Once again, and I said this on the “how to beat wolves thread” before the game, don’t get exposed wide to their counter-attacks. Joe, I’m afraid to say, left others to do his work again in this instance. For me, we looked more vulnerable once Joe went to left back. And wolves knew this and exploited it. 

If we are looking at culprits for the goal, watch Flint marking the scorer. Doesn’t get tight enough, allows him the run, then actually ducks under the ball. What the hell is he doing. If Flint jumps, he clears it. Why does he duck and make himself 5ft tall when he can be 6ft 9ins with a leap? Someone please answer me what he was doing there? 

But hey, it was all Packs fault! People need to seriously look at Bryan when at left back and realise the way he puts others under pressure with his positioning and decisions. He’s a super winger. He’s often a liability at full back. 

Think you make some fair points about Joes positioning defensively

We love him bombing forward but he does leave a hole at times - rough with smooth

The right back who FF fouled  was Joes man as he  (JB) was playing wing back at that point 

However playing  with three centrally at the back they should never have been able to break on us like that 

I havnt seen it back but where was NB , to help , when Mags was exposed ? 

12 minutes ago, Harry said:

That was Baker, and yes it was very disappointing.

15 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Pack should have spanked it with his right foot and no goal. Im sure even he would admit that so not sure why he can't take some blame.

Absolutely, he made a mistake that resulted in a free kick. He couldn’t spank it with his right foot, he was facing his own goal line, a right foot smack takes it across our own goal - and that would be a mistake worth talking about. 

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

@Harryit was Baker not Flint for the winner, but I get the sentiments.  Pack had an excellent game.  

5 minutes ago, Pezo said:

That was Baker, and yes it was very disappointing.

Sorry, yes it was Baker. Terrible defending. We can argue whether it was a poor free kick to concede, by my god, we should still be able to defend that. Terrible from Baker. 

Frank is the main one to blame though for this defeat. Not a CM having to work his ass off to cover his naive LB in the dying moments. 

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Yes he dicked about at he end and gave away a free kick... but Bailey Wright shouldn’t be trying to beat men in midfield. He created the pressure there  

Overall I thought Pack had a brilliant game. Very unlucky at the end. He was everywhere.

Agreed I thought he played very well, one error that got punished it happens. 

Sorry if i've missed anything said but wasn't Pack being fouled himself before he gave away that free kick. The lino should've had some balls and flagged and helped the ref.

Focking hate Wolves, I really do

Massive club this, that and the other  but really?

When they are actually in the Prem they're usually struggling and all their amazing fans are moaning like ****.

Am I just being bitter? Probably   :laugh:

Back on topic, Pack played well and has looked good on Sky in recent weeks. EVEN if you feel like blaming him late on tonight, Marlon is a top performer week in , week out so let's focus on the good stuff from Marlon. Great season so far

56 minutes ago, Harry said:

It was an awful mistake...you can look at whatever happens before that moment like you have in who was out of position who failed to cover for the cross but the bottom line is that pack at that moment had full control of what to do and he should have sent it into the stand. As I said throughout the thread I thought he had a great game but mistakes like that are what come the end of the season will accumulate to points lost and be the difference between going up and staying down. 

i like pack I really do but once COD is back fully fit I see brownhill moving back into midfield and that will, strengthen us.

12 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

It was an awful mistake...you can look at whatever happens before that moment like you have in who was out of position who failed to cover for the cross but the bottom line is that pack at that moment had full control of what to do and he should have sent it into the stand. As I said throughout the thread I thought he had a great game but mistakes like that are what come the end of the season will accumulate to points lost and be the difference between going up and staying down. 

i like pack I really do but once COD is back fully fit I see brownhill moving back into midfield and that will, strengthen us.

I agree mate, it was a bad mistake. It’s not the reason we lost though. Fielding and Baker are the reasons we lost. 

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

I agree mate, it was a bad mistake. It’s not the reason we lost though. Fielding and Baker are the reasons we lost. 

Yeah agree fielding was madness...We were the better side and in control.

pack was my mom he was brilliant but he spoiled a great performance with a dreadful error of judgment 

Although it was poor decision making by Pack, I didn't think it was a foul anyway.

We can all look at players to blame, Frankie made a split second decision & he got it wrong, Baker didn't get tight to his man, Bryan didn't track back. The simple fact is though that those starting the game were all completely knackered.

I saw Bryan about ten minutes from the end looking totally done in, Reid too, who made a couple of incredible runs late on to cover RHS of midfield, was also shot.

I just wish the 2 subs could have added a bit more, everyone knows my views on Taylor but yet again he just jogs by the side of opponents and then let's them go, (the much maligned Woodrow has been booked twice for fouling opponents in their own half late on to stop attacks, just what we needed) Eliasson came on very late but at the least you expect a fresh sub to give you energy, after the Reading game I reckon the more physical Lloyd Kelly would have been the better bet.

2 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Even with the free kick, they still had to score. We've had loads of free kicks from that sort of area and I can't remember us scoring from them. Their set pieces are a class above anyone else in this division, including us. 

I have seen pack try to do that before and he usually does it. Yes mistake, but he gives away the free kick because it's not in front of goal, so he thinks its quite a difficult place to score from. 19 times out of 20 he's right. 

5 hours ago, nickolas said:

Never a bloody foul. They were both pulling eachother and the lino bottled it. 

I thought it was 6 of one and half a dozen of the other too.

To add to his misery,  his head just nicked their first goal. Totally accidental but when Sky showed it, you could see Pack slightly diverted the ball that may well otherwise have been saved or hit the post.

Two very unfortunate incidents that don't undermine what was a pretty majestic performance from Pack overall. 

Pack's attempt to play his way out of trouble was symptomatic of a team that has had everything go for them for weeks and probably still felt there was a winner for us to be had. Case of over-thinking it and needing to get back to basics and just clear it. But no blame as Pack had a good game and recently has been a class act.

Fielding had to do what he did, yes defenders were getting back but they weren't far enough to influence that decision, the player could have picked his spot if he wasn't brought down so Fielding had to react but got it wrong. With the new rules it might not have been red if they'd had a penalty... which the set piece ended up being.

Had it been smith or brownhill who made a mistake in what was not the most dangerous area to give away a free kick the thread would have been on the lines off ' bit of a rick at the end there, but what an immense performance from Korey/ josh. That's what annoys me. Pack was superb first half. Best midfielder on the pitch. No one really mentions that though. 

37 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

Had it been smith or brownhill who made a mistake in what was not the most dangerous area to give away a free kick the thread would have been on the lines off ' bit of a rick at the end there, but what an immense performance from Korey/ josh. That's what annoys me. Pack was superb first half. Best midfielder on the pitch. No one really mentions that though. 

Traditionally I’ve not been Packs biggest fan but he’s increasingly grown on me and has definitely come on in leaps and bounds

I thought yesterday he was excellent ( and better than he was at V Man Ure when many lorded his performance )save his involvement in two major moments (Thought his involvement in free kick goal was not great personally)

Shouldnt overshadow another impressive performance 

Im a massive Korey fan but didn’t think he was at his level of Man Ure and didn’t seem to / to be able to snap into tackles last night(Might have been a good decision not to jump in so quickly against the quality of Neves & co and possibly a conscious decision / game plan) and was less influential

And I thought JB was pretty anonymous and looked lightweight at times though he has some real skill

On another day KS or JB will be the star / biggest influence and MP will not be at his best - these scenarios perhaps demonstrate why we are good - rarely does a player have a stinker and there always seems to be someone to step up to the plate

Says it all that we are picking on errors in moments rather than discussing a poor 90 min performance from any player - When was the last time a player could have been viewed as having a 90 min mare or even worse a Nicky Hunt standard performance (I can’t honestly remember back to one)

Marlon has been castigated for giving away the free kick but there were errors beyond that that allowed the goal to be scored and the free kick surrendered needn’t have resulted in a goal

OYR

Archived