IGNORED

Man City Fans

Robin 101

1 hour ago, nebristolred said:

Got to Echo the sentiment to Man City fans. Had a bit of banter in pubs pre-match, completely friendly, and then bumped into a few groups walking to the match and they all wished us a good match. Proper friendly bunch. Fooking love that city to be fair.

Same, got talking to them in both pre and post match pubs and the trams, friendly bunch, knew their football, and very complimentary about us. The club might be one of the super rich, but their fans are normal blokes and girls and certainly not Billy big noses

3 hours ago, MCFC said:

I see you've been getting the reactions your post deserved.

What club did you think we were then? I'd like to know.

I wasn't there as I was supposed to be going on a work trip, which got cancelled just as I arrived at the airport, leaving me no time at all to get to the game, sorry I missed it, I do apologise.

I wonder how many games you have missed out and thought you'd save your money for more important ones? I know plenty that sacrificed last night to save the cash for other matches, especially as it is barely post-Christmas.

Sorry to say that the League Cup, and it being opposition from a lower division, is not going to invoke a fever pitch amongst our fans.

I'll be at Klanfield this weekend, I'll also be at your place for the return leg, hope that is ok with you?

Anyways, onto the match, thought you lot were superb first half and the first twenty minutes of the second, after that, you seemed to drop deeper and deeper, that's not a good tactic against us, and you ended up paying for it, I thought the win was just about deserved, whilst at the same time, harsh on your boys.

You played some great football, the one touch stuff and swift attacks were great to watch, saw a bit of us in them to be honest, I was very impressed.

Hope you can keep your players and manager and come up this season, always good to see teams that try and play 'the right way'.

See you in a couple of weeks.

I hope you enjoy the trip to Ashton Gate as much as I enjoyed the trip to yours. Lots of really friendly Man City fans before and after, and I left with a good impression. completely understand your point about cost and why the ground was not full. You have been through your years in the wilderness we hope really to be coming out of them. It fills me with pride to say you see something of your style of play in ours, because every weekend I love watching this Man City team play. I hope you win the Champions League btw.

Also on your foreign owners. Yes, you were taken to where you are now by Abu Dhabi money, but that kind of money does not guarantee success or the style of play you have with Pep. Also, I am very impressed with what your foreign owners have done to invest in the a part of Manchester that needed investment. You also seem to do a huge amount for the community, as my nephew teaches in a local school and you let them use your world class facilities. If more foreign owners came to England and invested like Abu Dhabi have done, then I would not have such a problem with them. We are very proud that our owner is a local,  and he also is investing his wealth in the area of Bristol we are based in. Long may it continue. 

7 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Did we really? Honestly?

Yes 17000 was the bare minimum we took arrived at the ground @ 1-0 down due to coach trouble

police opened a gate for us to go in we asked which end our fans were they just said every bloody where

ended up in their end with loads of ours as was proved when we scored 

2 hours ago, Man City in peace. said:

Thankfully, we haven't got enough "plastic" fans (yet!) to replace the non going hardcore. As I mentioned earlier, United season ticket holders are forced to also purchase home cup games so this helps their Gate (and also shows how the club regard the fans). I doubt the Emirates would have been sold out last night should you have faced them and certainly not Wembley! Chelsea and Liverpool probably would-the former has a smaller ground and the latter has nothing else to play for, Everton big club-not sure those words should go together in the same sentence! As I mentioned in a previous post, we have recently increased the capacity at the Etihad by 10000, whist we await the fan growth to accomadte this, less important games always see gaps.

I have already commented on the atmosphere at the Etihad, but let me ask you this- is Ashton gate rocking at every game then?

Nope! We often have threads on here about lack of atmosphere. 

2 hours ago, Man City in peace. said:

Thankfully, we haven't got enough "plastic" fans (yet!) to replace the non going hardcore. As I mentioned earlier, United season ticket holders are forced to also purchase home cup games so this helps their Gate (and also shows how the club regard the fans). I doubt the Emirates would have been sold out last night should you have faced them and certainly not Wembley! Chelsea and Liverpool probably would-the former has a smaller ground and the latter has nothing else to play for, Everton big club-not sure those words should go together in the same sentence! As I mentioned in a previous post, we have recently increased the capacity at the Etihad by 10000, whist we await the fan growth to accomadte this, less important games always see gaps.

I have already commented on the atmosphere at the Etihad, but let me ask you this- is Ashton gate rocking at every game then?

With all due respect most of our fans got nothing but good things to say about your club/fans so ignore the few, i’ve Got no no idea what Fleetwood or Oldham fans think about our support at AG because just 50 of their fans outsung us only 2 years ago!!!

18 minutes ago, harrys said:

With all due respect most of our fans got nothing but good things to say about your club/fans so ignore the few, i’ve Got no no idea what Fleetwood or Oldham fans think about our support at AG because just 50 of their fans outsung us only 2 years ago!!!

Fleetwood was utterly bizarre. Sounded like 20,000 of them, there was only 350 odd!

20 hours ago, nickolas said:

Arrogant thats why. 

Sat there expecting 5-0 every week. It was them booing the ref and their players moaning at the ref. They panicked big time tonight. 

It's not that we are arrogant, you have no idea what premiership football does to clubs, loads of our fans are fed up of the cheesy corporation show we get fed everyweek. Working class fans are priced out and getting to and from that ground compared to Maine Rd is something else. 

Have and had no issue with Man City's supporters; those I met yesterday and have met before are  a decent lot who were both passionate about their club, and mindful that they have been as low as we were recently not too long ago.

Yes, they were relatively quiet last night, but I put that partly down to the fact this is priority four out of four in their season right now, and the fact our lads didn’t sit back and let them steamroller us, like some Premier League teams have 100% been guilty of.

Considering the utter bollocks spouted by many armchair non-manc United fans to me after we beat them, about how lucky we were and how City would totally gut us, the fact most Man City fans I’ve seen have been genuinely complimentary says a lot.

Heck of a game I prospect in two weeks - don’t sense Man City or their fans expect any different after last night.

18 minutes ago, McfcOK said:

It's not that we are arrogant, you have no idea what premiership football does to clubs, loads of our fans are fed up of the cheesy corporation show we get fed everyweek. Working class fans are priced out and getting to and from that ground compared to Maine Rd is something else. 

I just couldnt believe the buildup before the game on the stage/screen by the shop. Every interview stating a ‘4 or 5-0 win’ so you could rest players for 2nd leg. 

Dont get me wrong you are smashing everyone but it just smacked of taking us far too lightly. 

What a great set up you have there though, fair play. 

3 hours ago, Man City in peace. said:

He has a fair point.  I am in sunny Spain and watched it on sky and could hear the 8,000 belllowing out ‘is this a library ‘. Came over sooooo loud and made me smile, :shifty:  Then I remember the Wolves game where exactly the same was bellowing out from the Atyeo from the Wolves 3500 or so.  So what goes around always comes around!  Let’s just enjoy our moment in the sun and a few more to come

4 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

‘We don’t park the bus

We don’t park the bus’

would have been a nice extra jibe at the United Fans and a positive of us 

;) :yes:

I was chatting about Man Citeh at Old Trafford last night, comparing how we played and how Utd parked up. I could not get the smile off of my face for hours, so proud.

48 minutes ago, nickolas said:

I just couldnt believe the buildup before the game on the stage/screen by the shop. Every interview stating a ‘4 or 5-0 win’ so you could rest players for 2nd leg. 

Dont get me wrong you are smashing everyone but it just smacked of taking us far too lightly. 

What a great set up you have there though, fair play. 

The square before the game is full of bellends and Cheshire types. Give me Maine Rd any day and our current team.

6 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

I thought you were truly big club who had other fans to replace those who couldn't go, like Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton, Tottenham (at least at WHL), Chelsea etc etc who all I'm sure sell their ground for a semi final. If they don't then I apologise.

Many of your fans were saying similar on the radio so I'm bemused by the negative reactions. My opinion remains that I thought the Man City crowd in terms of numbers and noise was poor. Not that I want to make a big deal out of it though.

Manchester City ARE a big club, whether you think it or not, we are not however one of the so-called 'super-clubs', you know, those with decades of dominance in the past, like United, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich etc. By the way, did you question the size of Barca at the weekend, when they only had 56k, in a near 100k stadium, for a La Liga game? We played Everton in the semi a few years back, they didn't sell out Woodison Park for their home leg, same as we didn't at our place, their ground holds 16k-ish less, what does that make them? Spurs capacity at WHL, was around 7/8k LESS than went last night, and Arsenal didn't even sell out for the Premier League game against Chelsea a couple of weeks back, so you clearly need to do more research.

Our Premier League games are sold out every week, or around 98% sold, we have a problem that for whatever reason, many season ticket holders seem to miss more games than at other clubs, and it's obvious at some matches, especially in the North (family) Stand on weekday nights, it's the stand opposite your fans last night.

We have already added 20,000 onto our average gates from Maine Road, and seeing as the other lot were winning everything for over 20 years, I think we have done tremendously well, to maintain the level of support we have now, and due to the investment, kids WILL now follow their fathers/uncles/cousins/mothers/grandparents by supporting City, whereas before they might have chosen either the dark side, or not to be interested in football.

As for the atmosphere, did you really expect our fans, spread out all over the ground, to be as loud, or louder than 7,680 Bristolians all stood together, enjoying a great trip, and excellent performance? Behave. Same as if we have 6k at your place (20%) you would probably struggle to get anything going too. Add to the fact that most of the new breed of grounds are pretty sterile and you have your reasons. Most of us thought it would be around the 40k mark, and we were right, if we were that poor, it would have been about the same against Burnley last Saturday in the FA Cup, which was sold out.

You can have your opinion, but at least try and show a bit of respect.

6 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I thought they were crap

Wouldnt let my massive ‘ out of retirement ‘City flag in ( No fire safety certificate :blink: ) and the steward looked at the massive St George with Bristol. City emblazoned across it and asked if it was a Home or away flag :blink: !!!

:yes:

The fire safety certificate thing is health and safety, mate, not City's decision to be fair.

As for the idiot asking about the St. George's cross, it's not only City fans that steward games, they come from all over. The ones employed by City are usually spot on, the Showsec lot (yellow/black jackets) can be, and have been, utter c***s on a regular basis in the past.

6 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I thought

Their Stadium is very impressive

Some of their players superb to watch

Someof the most helpful fans pre match we’ve ever encountered

Some of the most com0limentary post match

Think of the years of misery and jibes from the red side of Manchester that many Man City fans have had to suffer in the last 30years yet their support rema8ned outstanding through their darkest times

Personally I don’t begrudge them any moment of success they are now enjoying - the Man City fans I’ve ever encountered always been sound and proper fans

Like all Clubs it will be their newer yo7nger fans who appear less grounded

The original/ long standing  Man City fans are a fine set  IMHO

Great post, I'm out of reactions for the day or I'd have thanked this. I'm glad our lads were decent, and you are right about it being the younger lads that haven't really known much else, and certainly not experienced the lower divisions, I hate to see this sh1te and always tell ours to give it a rest if I hear it.

As this is the thread visited by our Sky Blue friends in Manchester, can I ask, is it normal process for pubs in the centre (well, Piccadilly at least) to refuse away fans after games? Just curious if it happens after all matches at the Etihad as was quite surprised by it - all pubs we'd been drinking in before the game with zero issues (you could not ask for two more mutually respectful sets of fans last night) and after a match we'd lost none of the pubs wanted away fans any longer, even Wetherspoons!?

3 hours ago, hoxton casual said:

I hope you enjoy the trip to Ashton Gate as much as I enjoyed the trip to yours. Lots of really friendly Man City fans before and after, and I left with a good impression. completely understand your point about cost and why the ground was not full. You have been through your years in the wilderness we hope really to be coming out of them. It fills me with pride to say you see something of your style of play in ours, because every weekend I love watching this Man City team play. I hope you win the Champions League btw.

Also on your foreign owners. Yes, you were taken to where you are now by Abu Dhabi money, but that kind of money does not guarantee success or the style of play you have with Pep. Also, I am very impressed with what your foreign owners have done to invest in the a part of Manchester that needed investment. You also seem to do a huge amount for the community, as my nephew teaches in a local school and you let them use your world class facilities. If more foreign owners came to England and invested like Abu Dhabi have done, then I would not have such a problem with them. We are very proud that our owner is a local,  and he also is investing his wealth in the area of Bristol we are based in. Long may it continue. 

Very decent of you, kind Sir.

Another decent post, I'm glad you enjoyed it, it's what football is all about, right? :)

I meant it about your style of play, for the first hour you showed no fear at all and were at least our equals, not bad for a side put together for 15% of a John Stones! :D

5 minutes ago, Olé said:

As this is the thread visited by our Sky Blue friends in Manchester, can I ask, is it normal process for pubs in the centre (well, Piccadilly at least) to refuse away fans after games? Just curious if it happens after all matches at the Etihad as was quite surprised by it - all pubs we'd been drinking in before the game with zero issues (you could not ask for two more mutually respectful sets of fans last night) and after a match we'd lost none of the pubs wanted away fans any longer, even Wetherspoons!?

A few pubs do this, probably just to minimise the risk of any trouble, and unfortunately as you found out last night, most around Piccadilly do. Had other fans telling me this before.

1 minute ago, MCFC said:

A few pubs do this, probably just to minimise the risk of any trouble, and unfortunately as you found out last night, most around Piccadilly do. Had other fans telling me this before.

Ah, as long as it wasn't just us, the love-in can continue! 

Crown & Anchor was very pleasant and did a roaring trade from our lot so was particularly surprised they didn't want to know us after. Ended up in a full on hipster bar nearby with prices that would make Central London seem cheap. It's not true what they say about the North! ;)

Bloody hell, talk about the pot calling the kettle black from some of our fans. As has been said, this was the equivalant to us playing someone like scumthorpe or Rotherham in the Mickey Mouse jpt for them.

Get over yourselves, the gate has been exactly the same for some games this/last season and under SOD/  Mcinnes in recent years. It’s like a f’in morgue at times. Only  thing that’s gonna genuinely improve atmosphere again is when standing is re-introduced.

Think their support has been excellent considering how successful Man United have been over the past 30 years. When you consider that in 1999 whilst Man U were winning the treble Man City got 29k average in the now League One I think that is fantastic support.

We can criticise 43k for a league cup semi final at home as much as we like but in all honesty that sort of attendance seems a long way away for us at the minute, we are happy with averaging over 20k for the first time in 37 years (as we should be, our support this season has been fantastic) but we are a long way away from averaging what they are.

We should be really proud about how we, as a club, showed ourselves to the world last night. The players were excellent from minute one, defending well and trying to get forward at every opportunity and the fans were a different class, just brilliant. Let's take them back to Ashton Gate now and do them over.

COYR

3 minutes ago, Olé said:

Ah, as long as it wasn't just us, the love-in can continue! 

Crown & Anchor was very pleasant and did a roaring trade from our lot so was particularly surprised they didn't want to know us after. Ended up in a full on hipster bar nearby with prices that would make Central London seem cheap. It's not true what they say about the North! ;)

Mate I love a good night out in town, but it's the same as everywhere now, not cheap at all, unless you get loaded up at a Wetherspoons before carrying on your night out!
Some of the prices at bars in the Northern Quarter are eye-watering. Crown and Anchor is a great boozer, they have resonably priced rooms above it too, if you are up there again next season, they'd have to let you in after then ;)

21 minutes ago, MCFC said:

The fire safety certificate thing is health and safety, mate, not City's decision to be fair.

As for the idiot asking about the St. George's cross, it's not only City fans that steward games, they come from all over. The ones employed by City are usually spot on, the Showsec lot (yellow/black jackets) can be, and have been, utter c***s on a regular basis in the past.

The guy who checked me on the way in said "I hope you win". Yeah, sure I said. "No, I really mean it" was his reply, "I'm a united supporter!" To which I suggested that he must have been gutted a couple of weeks ago, then.:)

For us these additional cup games are very much the exception rather than the norm.  It has been quite a pinch for a lot if us (myself very much included) to find the extra 30 odd quid for the 2 Manchester games.  For teams like Man City these extra expenses happen every season, so it's no wonder they don't sell out every time.  If (big if) these cup runs became more regular for us it would be interesting to see how our attendances held up.

2 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

The guy who checked me on the way in said "I hope you win". Yeah, sure I said. "No, I really mean it" was his reply, "I'm a united supporter!" To which I suggested that he must have been gutted a couple of weeks ago, then.:)

There seems to be more and more rags (united fans) stewarding the last couple of seasons, I reckon they only do it so they get to see some decent football being played :D

5 hours ago, Man City in peace. said:

Absolutely yes.  You just need to ask Wolves or Leeds to confirm this...

What I can't understand with your fans is why on earth would you rather watch Burnley in the tedium of the Premiershit than the mighty Bristol City in the semi-final of a Cup?

Archived