IGNORED

Man City Fans

Robin 101

The Cov game , depending on who you believe, there were anything from 12 to 18,000 there. Impossible to say, half their end was Red, half the open/scoreboard end where I was , was Red as were the stands. Don't think anyone was locked out, they didn't worry so much about that sort of thing, it was rammed. We got there just in time to see kick off , and we weren't the last in.
Impossible to give figures as we were in all parts of the ground.

9 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

3 nice contributors fair play but that doesn' disguise the fact their support was piss poor and they appear not the club I thought they were.

Is a semi final beneath them now?

I see you've been getting the reactions your post deserved.

What club did you think we were then? I'd like to know.

I wasn't there as I was supposed to be going on a work trip, which got cancelled just as I arrived at the airport, leaving me no time at all to get to the game, sorry I missed it, I do apologise.

I wonder how many games you have missed out and thought you'd save your money for more important ones? I know plenty that sacrificed last night to save the cash for other matches, especially as it is barely post-Christmas.

Sorry to say that the League Cup, and it being opposition from a lower division, is not going to invoke a fever pitch amongst our fans.

I'll be at Klanfield this weekend, I'll also be at your place for the return leg, hope that is ok with you?

Anyways, onto the match, thought you lot were superb first half and the first twenty minutes of the second, after that, you seemed to drop deeper and deeper, that's not a good tactic against us, and you ended up paying for it, I thought the win was just about deserved, whilst at the same time, harsh on your boys.

You played some great football, the one touch stuff and swift attacks were great to watch, saw a bit of us in them to be honest, I was very impressed.

Hope you can keep your players and manager and come up this season, always good to see teams that try and play 'the right way'.

See you in a couple of weeks.

4 minutes ago, MCFC said:

I wasn't there as I was supposed to be going on a work trip, which got cancelled just as I arrived at the airport, leaving me no time at all to get to the game, sorry I missed it, I do apologise.

I wonder how many games you have missed out and thought you'd save your money for more important ones? I know plenty that sacrificed last night to save the cash for other matches, especially as it is barely post-Christmas.

Sorry to say that the League Cup, and it being opposition from a lower division, is not going to invoke a fever pitch amongst our fans.

I'll be at Klanfield this weekend, I'll also be at your place for the return leg, hope that is ok with you?

Anyways, onto the match, thought you lot were superb first half and the first twenty minutes of the second, after that, you seemed to drop deeper and deeper, that's not a good tactic against us, and you ended up paying for it, I thought the win was just about deserved, whilst at the same time, harsh on your boys.

You played some great football, the one touch stuff and swift attacks were great to watch, saw a bit of us in them to be honest, I was very impressed.

Hope you can keep your players and manager and come up this season, always good to see teams that try and play 'the right way'.

Come along to the fan's village at the ground before the match and enjoy some Thatcher's with the rest of us. You'll be welcomed. 

4 hours ago, Honiton Tony said:

That's after they all said it would be 7.0

Really?

Any evidence of that? Or you just saying that to be a 'top red'?

Not one single Blue I know said anything like that, most predicted a 3-1 or 2-0.

Myself, I got it right, thanks to Sergio, sadly though, I didn't put any money on it!

19 minutes ago, MCFC said:

Pay no attention mate, most of us know the score regards where our game lies in the grander scheme of things in your season and how difficult the Christmas period can be for many money wise.  Cheers for the kind words and look forward to seeing you all down here in a couple of weeks and hopefully a lot more from next season! 

Always preferred Man City to Utd and always will. The arrogance of Utd still lingers and I have never found City even with their billions to come across like that, a real down to earth bunch.

I have and always will cheer Man City on when they ever face United. What impressed me is the infrastructure at the Etihad, it feels like they havent just used the billions to have a good team, but they have a good academy, good coaches and a community spirit. Never had an issue with the money they have had as Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs have always been the boys with the money for decades before the Sheikhs took them over, it is just they dont like to see a new club out do them.

I thought

Their Stadium is very impressive

Some of their players superb to watch

Someof the most helpful fans pre match we’ve ever encountered

Some of the most com0limentary post match

Think of the years of misery and jibes from the red side of Manchester that many Man City fans have had to suffer in the last 30years yet their support rema8ned outstanding through their darkest times

Personally I don’t begrudge them any moment of success they are now enjoying - the Man City fans I’ve ever encountered always been sound and proper fans

Like all Clubs it will be their newer yo7nger fans who appear less grounded

The original/ long standing  Man City fans are a fine set  IMHO

23 minutes ago, MCFC said:

I thought you were truly big club who had other fans to replace those who couldn't go, like Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton, Tottenham (at least at WHL), Chelsea etc etc who all I'm sure sell their ground for a semi final. If they don't then I apologise.

Many of your fans were saying similar on the radio so I'm bemused by the negative reactions. My opinion remains that I thought the Man City crowd in terms of numbers and noise was poor. Not that I want to make a big deal out of it though.

7 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I thought you were truly big club who had other fans to replace those who couldn't go, like Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton, Tottenham (at least at WHL), Chelsea etc etc who all I'm sure sell their ground for a semi final. If they don't then I apologise.

Many of your fans were saying similar on the radio so I'm bemused by the negative reactions. My opinion remains that I thought the Man City crowd in terms of numbers and noise was poor. Not that I want to make a big deal out of it though.

As someone else mentioned , for them it was the equivalent of the Johnstones Paint semi

They are likely to end up as FA Cup and possibly European Champions and certainly as Premier League winners

Was a massive game for us , not for them - totally understandable IMHO - would you spend your football money on last night or a upcoming Premier League Or Champions League game

Just enjoy what we are doing and not worry about what  Manchester City fans choose to do ;)

13 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I thought

Their Stadium is very impressive

Some of their players superb to watch

Someof the most helpful fans pre match we’ve ever encountered

Some of the most com0limentary post match

Think of the years of misery and jibes from the red side of Manchester that many Man City fans have had to suffer in the last 30years yet their support rema8ned outstanding through their darkest times

Personally I don’t begrudge them any moment of success they are now enjoying - the Man City fans I’ve ever encountered always been sound and proper fans

Like all Clubs it will be their newer yo7nger fans who appear less grounded

The original/ long standing  Man City fans are a fine set  IMHO

Got to add that my experience of their police and stewards was first class - friendly and helpful. All helped make it a great away day.

About their crowd, it’s funny because if you read their forum and some of the gripes about creating an atmosphere it’s very similar to the stuff written on here at times. I don’t think it’s just a problem for Man City but for many clubs with newer or redeveloped grounds, including us at times although recently we’ve been much better at home.

8000 away fans are always going to make a substantial noise so it’s not really fair to be too critical of the Man City home support. As others have mentioned they’ll be loud at AG in 2 weeks time. 

5 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Got to add that my experience of their police and stewards was first class - friendly and helpful. All helped make it a great away day.

I thought they were crap

Wouldnt let my massive ‘ out of retirement ‘City flag in ( No fire safety certificate :blink: ) and the steward looked at the massive St George with Bristol. City emblazoned across it and asked if it was a Home or away flag :blink: !!!

:yes:

tbf they were all firm but fair fair and polite  ;):thumbsup:

34 minutes ago, MCFC said:

Really?

Any evidence of that? Or you just saying that to be a 'top red'?

Not one single Blue I know said anything like that, most predicted a 3-1 or 2-0.

Myself, I got it right, thanks to Sergio, sadly though, I didn't put any money on it!

Your right, a lot of Man City fans thought it would be 3 or 4 nil. But why wouldn’t you. 

i walked and talked with one of your fans for about a mile after the game, a really good bloke, he said that he had hoped you could put the tie to bed last night. He was full of praise about us and said he had been to Ashton Gate with Man City before, he said he knows exactly what to expect in the second leg.

Man City and Bristol City are both working class clubs in areas where money isnt in abundance, especially this time of year, if I was honest I would have thought twice about going last night if I was a Man City fan, you may have a trip to Barcelona to fund in a few weeks time, given the choice I would rather go there!!.

5 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

About their crowd, it’s funny because if you read their forum and some of the gripes about creating an atmosphere it’s very similar to the stuff written on here at times. I don’t think it’s just a problem for Man City but for many clubs with newer or redeveloped grounds, including us at times although recently we’ve been much better at home.

8000 away fans are always going to make a substantial noise so it’s not really fair to be too critical of the Man City home support. As others have mentioned they’ll be loud at AG in 2 weeks time. 

Totally agree. And plus it was our big day out . Unlike Aston Villa 

I personally cringed at the Man United jibes last night

Have little time for United and a lot of their arrogant fans as many on here were repeating a few weeks back

Manchester City fans have never come across like that and not sure why we thus needed to lower ourselves with the use of Man United goading shite last night instead of maintaining our positive support

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Have little time for United and a lot of their arrogant fans as many on here were repeating a few weeks back

Manchester City fans have never come across like that and not sure why we thus needed to lower ourselves with the use of Man United goading shite last night instead of maintaining our positive support

Totally agree Bob, I found it embarrassing as well. Hate Man reds with a passion, they are everything I hate about football.

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I hate ManU with a passion, but thought the digs were funny. You just have a go at their weak point to piss them off, it's always been that way.
I've heard you're just a shit Bristol R*vers a couple of times this year. Now now one could believe we are, or that there is one 'shitter' than the original.

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

I hate ManU with a passion, but thought the digs were funny. You just have a go at their weak point to piss them off, it's always been that way.
I've heard you're just a shit Bristol R*vers a couple of times this year. Now now one could believe we are, or that there is one 'shitter' than the original.

But there was no tension or history between the fans , we were playing well and the support was fantastic

I appreciate it may not be a popular view , but I just didn’t  see the need

If their fan base was or had been goading us it would have been decent ‘banter’ back

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

But there was no tension or history between the fans , we were playing well and the support was fantastic

I appreciate it may not be a popular view , but I just didn’t  see the need

If their fan base was or had been goading us it would have been decent ‘banter’ back

I fully get your point, but turn it on it's head and see it as a dig against the Bloo few. 

3 hours ago, italian dave said:

Yes. Crowd was something like 37000 and about half was City. The motorway was like a Wembley day: literally red and white everywhere on the way up. If I remember right it was pay at the turnstile, so City fans were going in everywhere and there was no specific ‘away attendance’ figure like you get today.

Bear in mind we had something like 40000 in the Gate for the Liverpool game the week before: the official attendance was less but 1000s climbed in the back of the east end.

*coughs* :whistle:

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Thankfully, we haven't got enough "plastic" fans (yet!) to replace the non going hardcore. As I mentioned earlier, United season ticket holders are forced to also purchase home cup games so this helps their Gate (and also shows how the club regard the fans). I doubt the Emirates would have been sold out last night should you have faced them and certainly not Wembley! Chelsea and Liverpool probably would-the former has a smaller ground and the latter has nothing else to play for, Everton big club-not sure those words should go together in the same sentence! As I mentioned in a previous post, we have recently increased the capacity at the Etihad by 10000, whist we await the fan growth to accomadte this, less important games always see gaps.

I have already commented on the atmosphere at the Etihad, but let me ask you this- is Ashton gate rocking at every game then?

Archived