IGNORED

I said we need PROVEN if we want this

tinman85

8 minutes ago, tommy32 said:

Walsh constantly looked for the ball, some great tackles and flicks in the final third. Looked very tidy give him a chance! 

8 minutes ago, dihajh said:

I thought Walsh played well today, and was unlucky to get subbed off. Thought Kent didn’t quite have the clock with the rest of the team yet, I also thought Walsh fitted into the team and was almost as if he’s been here for months not days.

Looks a tidy player but never a No 10 

thought his inclusion and a five man flattish midfield was baffling tbh and confused us 

Could  have understood if he’d rested Korey or Pack and played him but all three together seemed to stifle us

Korey was the only one who made a run beyond the ball which is normally one of our big plusses

Bobby was isolated against 3 centre halves yet we  didn’t create from overloading the middle of the pitch 

I would have got Flint forward as soon as we conceded

All in all -a Strange one

And very frustrating

8 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I can see why LJ went with Walsh in at no.10 today. With five across the back you could argue it made more sense to have Pato, the better player in possession, in a more wide position stretching things.

I think Liam did well. Some very skilful touches. Yes some of his tricks went wrong, one almost cost us, and yes at times his eagerness meant positionally he wasn't always in the best place and crowded things. Yes he was outmuscled a few times.

But he fitted right into our game style and ethos - always made himself an option - was all over the pitch - huge effort and got stuck in in the challenge.

I don't think LW was the problem today. A general lack of final third quality and physical presence up top cost us. Plus a sucker punch of a goal that looked like a defensive mess, like a player the marker only arrived yesterday and wasn't up to speed on how the team defend. Oh wait, he did arrive yesterday.

Bonkers. Kent should have started left. Walsh I thought he was bang average on Tuesday. Don't get it 

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Looks a tidy player but never a No 10 

thought his inclusion and a five man flattish midfield was baffling tbh and confused us 

Could  have understood if he’d rested Korey or Pack and played him but all three together seemed to stifle us

Korey was the only one who made a run beyond the ball which is normally one of our big plusses

Bobby was isolated against 3 centre halves yet we  didn’t create from overloading the middle of the pitch 

I would have got Flint forward as soon as we conceded

All in all -a Strange one

And very frustrating

LJ has jumped in the Tardis and bought....the ticking over player....

7 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I can see why LJ went with Walsh in at no.10 today. With five across the back you could argue it made more sense to have Pato, the better player in possession, in a more wide position stretching things.

I think Liam did well. Some very skilful touches. Yes some of his tricks went wrong, one almost cost us, and yes at times his eagerness meant positionally he wasn't always in the best place and crowded things. Yes he was outmuscled a few times.

But he fitted right into our game style and ethos - always made himself an option - was all over the pitch - huge effort and got stuck in in the challenge.

I don't think LW was the problem today. A general lack of final third quality and physical presence up top cost us. Plus a sucker punch of a goal that looked like a defensive mess, like a player the marker only arrived yesterday and wasn't up to speed on how the team defend. Oh wait, he did arrive yesterday.

Agree that Walsh looked a good midfield option and given Pack, Korey & Brownhill all looked a little off the pace maybe he should have played instead of one of them, BUT playing him in Pato's normal no.10 role did not work for the team at all.

When Pato plays that role he breaks forward and offers support and link up play with Reid, Walsh did not do that. Pato was ineffective on LHS of m/f and Reid left too isolated. 

I'm not knocking Walsh, think he will make good addition as a midfield player, just should not have been played in the no.10 role.

10 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Really? You can see why? Well it didn't work 

4 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Really? You can see why? Well it didn't work 

I can see why, on paper, pre-match. I never said it worked and I can see where others are coming from r.e Walsh in the hole.

But I disagree with you that he was bang average - and I hate it, personally, when we see these threads writing players off before they've had a chance, or whenever they hit a bit of bad form.

Over recent seasons it has happened with Bobby Reid, Bryan, Flint, Brownhill, Paterson, Famara, Pack the list goes on.

Look - all this "we need to make the most of this opportunity" stuff, I get it, but we didn't wake up overnight in this position. A plan got us here. Stability got us here. There is a management team and group of players that got us here.

We have to trust in what and who got us here.

People are talking like all we have to do is go out and splash the cash and we will be promoted. Well it's never as simple as that. Look at Villa. Look at Wednesday. Look at Boro.

Keep the faith and up and at Derby next time. COYR

1 hour ago, Robin TBW said:

So Walsh is never a #10 but Flint is closer to being one. Nice.

Who exactly is suggesting Flint is a 10 ??????

or are you

.???????

Maybe you could point out what opportunities were created with a five man midfield 

Will look forward to your actual explanation

Think before posting eh

Nice

You're like a broken record. Such a lazy comment too - we've brought in proven Championship experience in Kent, and he was arguably much worse in his cameo than Walsh today.

What we need is our strikers back. We have an extremely long list of Championship players who came to City the last time we were in the Championship and turned the club turgid. Walsh is not why we lost.

21 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

You're like a broken record. Such a lazy comment too - we've brought in proven Championship experience in Kent, and he was arguably much worse in his cameo than Walsh today.

What we need is our strikers back. We have an extremely long list of Championship players who came to City the last time we were in the Championship and turned the club turgid. Walsh is not why we lost.

I'm not lazy. I travelled from Essex at 9am this morning. Ran from TM to AG due to a delayed train. Give me some credit. I saw a dire game of football today. 

7 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

I'm not lazy. I travelled from Essex at 9am this morning. Ran from TM to AG due to a delayed train. Give me some credit. I saw a dire game of football today. 

Stop posting poorly thought through garbage and knee jerk reactions and maybe you'll earn some.

Kent and Walsh will both improve, our strategy has got us where we are now, it would be lunacy to throw it out.

30 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Walsh & Kelly were not the reason for defeat today-nor will they be the reason that we finish top six(if that's to happen it'll be down to others).

9 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Dire game of football ? We played some lovely stuff at times but with famara and djuric out we are missing  that physicality up front. Nothing to worry about , plenty of games left. 

Also , I don’t care how far you’ve travelled it doesn’t mean you know what your talking about because imo you don’t. 

If people can’t see Liam Walsh’s quality after today’s game I question whether they have any understanding of football.

Poor Kent wasn’t great today, he has trained with us once at most. Give him a break.

I agree we do need another forward really, sorely missed a presence. Glad when Diedhiou and Djuric are back.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

If people can’t see Liam Walsh’s quality after today’s game I question whether they have any understanding of football.

Poor Kent wasn’t great today, he has trained with us once at most. Give him a break.

I agree we do need another forward really, sorely missed a presence. Glad when Diedhiou and Djuric are back.

Hi Phileas. Sorry you question me. I thought he was a LJ Nick Carle 2008 replica. However I'm sorry I have an inferior knowledge of football. I'm going to the bowls next week 

1 minute ago, tinman85 said:

Hi Phileas. Sorry you question me. I thought he was a LJ Nick Carle 2008 replica. However I'm sorry I have an inferior knowledge of football. I'm going to the bowls next week 

He’s obviously an incredibly classy midfielder who fits our team beautifully. I’m just surprised anyone can’t see that. Just wasn’t our day today unfortunately but had we had Djuric or Diedhiou as a forward I think we’d have won. 

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He’s obviously an incredibly classy midfielder who fits our team beautifully. I’m just surprised anyone can’t see that. Just wasn’t our day today unfortunately but had we had Djuric or Diedhiou as a forward I think we’d have won. 

Didn't see it today or Tuesday night. But that is  just me

Archived