IGNORED

I said we need PROVEN if we want this

tinman85

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Looks like you’re in the minority - or perhaps because he doesn’t fit your preferred criteria for a player you won’t see it!

Hmmm. 2nd place or 4th. Look mate I have my view. I don't agree with yours. That is all I have to say on the matter. 

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He’s obviously an incredibly classy midfielder who fits our team beautifully. I’m just surprised anyone can’t see that. Just wasn’t our day today unfortunately but had we had Djuric or Diedhiou as a forward I think we’d have won. 

I don't get classy? We were awful today. Simply poor. 

1 hour ago, RedRoss said:

Sheffield Wednesday paid 12 million for Jordan Rhodes but that's not getting them even near to the line. Money isn't everything

Completely agree. It isn’t everything, and it offers no guarantees. But, nonetheless, I can appreciate the concern that we might not be maximising the opportunity we are presented with.

8 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

To think he hit that with his other foot. Quality and is going places.

Yes he is , reminds me a bit of Cairney at Fulham albeit not as overall skill full imho 

aside from him , Norwich very average I thought . Murphy did nothing and Oliviera was a nuisance but should have scored at end of first half . Not the Norwich of recent years but sadly enough to beat us today . Onward 

1 minute ago, Redstreet said:

Yes he is , reminds me a bit of Cairney at Fulham albeit not as overall skill full imho 

aside from him , Norwich very average I thought . Murphy did nothing and Oliviera was a nuisance but should have scored at end of first half . Not the Norwich of recent years but sadly enough to beat us today . Onward 

And with the sale of Alex Pritchard this week, clearly a selling club. Strange.

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

And with the sale of Alex Pritchard this week, clearly a selling club. Strange.

I have read that NCFC may have some cash flow issues hence the “ fire sales “ as NC fans articulate it on their forum . If it is the balance sheet than no choice I guess as being mid table they would not rule out a play off place . 

Slightly off subject but Fulham’s recent run is quietly lifting them up the table . I went to Cr Cott in October . We were excellent and they were made to look very very average . But that’s the championship for you .

1 minute ago, Redstreet said:

I have read that NCFC may have some cash flow issues hence the “ fire sales “ as NC fans articulate it on their forum . If it is the balance sheet than no choice I guess as being mid table they would not rule out a play off place . 

Slightly off subject but Fulham’s recent run is quietly lifting them up the table . I went to Cr Cott in October . We were excellent and they were made to look very very average . But that’s the championship for you .

Innit just. As we speak, Villa notch up another 3 pts

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Innit just. As we speak, Villa notch up another 3 pts

Didn’t think Forest would do us any good , they are in free fall .  But we are still 6th . Cardiff list x 4 on bounce and they won today so I am. Or panicking yet . Desperately need our big strikers back or get Matt Smith until season end 

5 minutes ago, Redstreet said:

Didn’t think Forest would do us any good , they are in free fall .  But we are still 6th . Cardiff list x 4 on bounce and they won today so I am. Or panicking yet . Desperately need our big strikers back or get Matt Smith until season end 

So we are hoping Ollie will help us in our push for the P/Os   mmm

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Dire game of football ? We played some lovely stuff at times but with famara and djuric out we are missing  that physicality up front. Nothing to worry about , plenty of games left. 

Also , I don’t care how far you’ve travelled it doesn’t mean you know what your talking about because imo you don’t. 

We really didn't play some lovely stuff. Rarely anyway

1 hour ago, tinman85 said:

Nope. I don't travel a few mins home like most. 4 hours door to door. And actually I know how good a chance we are blowing. 

Buying in enormously expensive players just because you can doesn’t guarantee you shit. Look at derby - they’ve been doing that for years and are still not out of the league. 

Rather see us build something over the next few years that can actually last and be sustainable than jeapordise everything we’ve built because we’re desperate. 

Real life isn’t like football manager. 

52 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Not Walsh or Kent. Bannan, Tinman85, Kettle Crisps (certainly not Phileas Fogg, league two standard Crisps) Afobe 

Haha so you’d have seen us spend probably £25m on two players as well as completely blowing the wage budget? Can tell it’s not your money you’re spending. 

1 hour ago, tinman85 said:

Nope. I don't travel a few mins home like most. 4 hours door to door. And actually I know how good a chance we are blowing. 

We haven’t blown anything yet. Those same players have given us that opportunity in the first place. As it stands we are 4 points clear in the play offs. The opportunity for success remains, and we have an easier run of fixtures coming up, and quality players due to return to the squad.

Disappointing and unexpected defeats happen to all teams, especially in this division.

Now is a time for a sensible perspective on our season so far and optimism about what might still be to come. Not panic, knee jerk reactions and negativity.

I think Kent and Walsh will be good for us.

Liverpool fan I know rates Kent quite well, Barnsley's young player of the year last season. Will take a while for him to adjust, as he did not play so much at Freiburg- 6 games in half a season will kind of screw you over.

Everton fan I know, told me lots of Everton fans surprised he was sold. He's a good young player- came from Everton via Birmingham, again will take time- different style of play!

I reckon they will both come good...but it will take some time.

11 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Who exactly is suggesting Flint is a 10 ??????

or are you

.???????

Maybe you could point out what opportunities were created with a five man midfield 

Will look forward to your actual explanation

Think before posting eh

Nice

#10 is supporting a striker. You want Flint up there to go support a striker. In a different manner sure but Walsh is "no way" a #10 apparently. Why if Flint who has been a CB his entire professional career a better option in the final third than Walsh, who was the best player in the pitch?

Walsh created a lot of opportunities for Bryan and others to get the ball in, the final ball in wasn't necessarily there but in no way was Walsh lacking in any way. He looks a tidy player and I'd rather him creating than us going back in time to long ball tactics. 

There's your thinking, cock.

2 hours ago, Robin TBW said:

#10 is supporting a striker. You want Flint up there to go support a striker. In a different manner sure but Walsh is "no way" a #10 apparently. Why if Flint who has been a CB his entire professional career a better option in the final third than Walsh, who was the best player in the pitch?

Walsh created a lot of opportunities for Bryan and others to get the ball in, the final ball in wasn't necessarily there but in no way was Walsh lacking in any way. He looks a tidy player and I'd rather him creating than us going back in time to long ball tactics. 

There's your thinking, cock.

As you suggest the traditional thought of a  No 10 is he supports the striker

So where and at what point did Walsh support Bobby Reid ?

Walsh - Best player on the pitch ?

Really ?

Wasnt even the best in a red shirt IMHO and not even the best acros our midfield 5  let alone on the pitch and LJ obviously disagreed as he was the first withdrawn

He indeed appears generally tidy but I must have missed where he ‘created a lot of opportunities for Bryan and others to get the ball in’ and we could cross balls until next Wednesday with only Bobby Reid in the box against 3 large centre halves and we wouldn’t have scored

Similarly playing endless triangles in the middle of the pitch really wasn’t taking us anywhere

You could see us scoring before LJ changed it could you ?

Flint doesn’t go up to ‘support’ a striker - he goes up there to provide a focal point , a physical presence , a target man although this seems to have confused you

Did you not notice the effect it had against Wolves who immediately had two defenders trying to look after Flint creating spaces for others ?

Possibly not ideal having to use Flint in this way but we have no other options atm unless you havnt noticed, and to be fair to him he definitely causes problems

The other reason he’s been deployed up top is , despite spending the majority of his time protecting our goal he’s the second highest scorer this season and was the third highest last season and is the second highest scorer during LJs reign

You might like the idea of Walsh creating rather than ‘long ball tactics’ but unfortunately for you and that ideal - for 2/3 of the game yesterday that was totally ineffective ...........cock

10 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Football is a game of opinions. That's my opinion and I'm not shying away from it. Some agree, some don't. That's life....

Almost everyone disagrees! Basically what you seem to be suggesting is that the club do a U-turn on the strategy that’s got us in such a good position.

Players like Bannan and Afobe as you mentioned are obviously good players, but their wages and fees would be enormous. You can’t have 20 guys on an average of 10k per week then bring in Afobe and pay him 40k.

I think both would have better options than here, even if they were available. I’m not against us spending and agree a couple of quality additions may get us over the line, but I wouldn’t go for the type of player you recommend which are at odds with our recruitment strategy.

Even if we spent £10m on Hugill, seeing as he’s apparently on 4k per week at Preston, we could acceptably offer him say 12k per week and that would be reasonable.

Archived