IGNORED

Plymouth central defender's illness.

cidered abroad

There might actually be some good out of this. Wtf I hear you all saying, but think about it. Young men and boys might be more aware that it could be something that might happen to them.  Seeing someone they can relate to or are a similar age to might make them think, and check, and not be afraid to go and talk to someone. 

2 hours ago, RedM said:

There might actually be some good out of this. Wtf I hear you all saying, but think about it. Young men and boys might be more aware that it could be something that might happen to them.  Seeing someone they can relate to or are a similar age to might make them think, and check, and not be afraid to go and talk to someone. 

Quite right - boys,  check your nuts properly regularly. And note - this requires a rather different technique to the 3-4 times per day you already pay very close attention to them.

As someone who has just had the all clear over a lump that I found (the intervening 2 weeks between general GP check up and hospital appointment seemed like 2 months), I can only heartily applaud the advice given above - do the checks, it might seem silly but it might bring to the fore something that could save your life through early diagnosis and appropriate treatment.

Good luck Ryan Edwards, best wishes for a speedy recovery and return to the game.

15 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

It does always seem to be testicular with young men.  At least the good news is that you only need one and it is usually caught before it spreads anywhere else.

Dont remember hearing so much of it 50 years ago. I wonder what is causing so much of it now.  Mind you, 50 years ago people were less open about these things.

Processed food.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04sh6zg

My father had only half of one left to produce me and my sister. I was never told why the other bits were removed but now can only assume it was cancer. He lived to 84!

On a lighter note, five years ago I found two extra spherical items in the right sack. Turned out to be harmless cysts, so keep checking boys. 

Archived