IGNORED

Mr Lansdown - up $75m today

Chairman Mao

1 hour ago, Malago said:

How many Tilson’s in a Al Qadi billion?

Answer that and you’ve probably solved the meaning of life and everything.

They are trading in Bitcoin.

With the collapse of today, a 'full Tilson' now requires players to pay subs every week and the one who turns up late has to wash the kit.

14 hours ago, Slack Bladder said:

Ah but aren't US billions smaller than British billions?

Only in the fact a dollar is worth less than a pound.

I think you’re right though. Traditionally a British billion was a million million, rather than the US usage of a thousand million. I think we have accepted the US standard here now with a thousand billion (or a million million) being a trillion.

Either way, more money than I will ever see in my lifetime!

16 hours ago, downendcity said:

Reported £400,000 a week, so has risen more than SL's stake in HL in % terms. :)

Sanchez is a good player, but £20m + pa is completely bonkers and probably exceeds our total player wage budget!!!. Also read somewhere that if Man U sign him then part of the deal is that they will have to pay his agent £10m, making the agent  worth as much as Flinty! 

Agents = a scourge on the game.

Yeah it leaves a very sour taste in the mouth. It's a pity we all love football so much and don't vote with our feet, because if fans started protesting, these players couldn't earn such vulgar wages

4 hours ago, awbb said:

Only in the fact a dollar is worth less than a pound.

I think you’re right though. Traditionally a British billion was a million million, rather than the US usage of a thousand million. I think we have accepted the US standard here now with a thousand billion (or a million million) being a trillion.

Either way, more money than I will ever see in my lifetime!

You never know.........You mightbe Steve's secret love child. :)

13 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

You never know.........You mightbe Steve's secret love child. :)

My surname means I am more likely related to the beloved owner of Newcastle United (still, as far as I know) and all-round benevolent employer Mr. Michael Ashley or Uncle Mike as I like to call him.

If no one contradicts me it must be true. #gaslogic.

Archived