IGNORED

Marlon Pack

Hocca

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Has improved substantially and IMHO far more effective doing what he does now as central point in a short passing interplay game than trying to act as a quarterback

His passing has IMHO become shorter and I like that he will like a few of them pop it off first time

Also like that he is willing to  take the ball under pressure ( Although he occasionally gets caught)- a big asset to have players who will take the ball under pressure

Many good things but being picky my remaining concern about him is how many times his man runs off him causing danger - 2 or 3 of their better moments last night involved Derby players running off / losing Marlon

Spot on and good that the majority on here see his level of performance on here.

Re players running off of him - I once played with a player (Good player too), who used to ‘lose me’ all the time in training.  He had that ability to know the split second I turned my head to check the location of the ball (rather than him) to make his run.  He was a quick, so I always struggled to get that yard back that he’d gained whilst I was looking away.

Marlon is in one of those positions in front of the back 4 where you really need 360 degree vision.  That occasion where Vydra ran off of him on the corner of the box was one of those where he was trying to get everyone in shape and took his eye off of his man.  Good recovery by Baker.

11 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Absolutely outstanding tonight, him & Korey are some pairing.

Agreed mate...Both have improved greatly this season.

What is noticeable is the understanding they have together, and with everyone else in the team. Much goes through them and they are pivotal to a lot of our success.

It's that understanding and development over time that has born fruits.

It's noticeable how many short sharp passes we make through the lines...it's the best I've seen us ever do.

A lot of this is learnt and ingrained on the training pitch.

Walsh and Kent are both good footballers, but when they play it becomes more disjointed. Obviously over time that will change with practicing our way of playing.

However....when we play a settled team of players that have been together since last season, it's very noticeable how almost 'telepathic' they have become when it comes to making the right decision, pass or move.

I’m a fan of Pack but I thought his last couple of games he have been off the pace a little and not up to the standards he have set. 

Through the course of the season players will have little dips in form and his dip have coincided with a run of poor results, I think this goes show how a Pack on top of his form is so vital for us.

He has improved immensely in the last 18 months or so, he’s really worked on his game. We used to see ‘those’ passes often  out for a throw in but he’s restrained himself every so often when necessary i.e. when we’re on the break. 

Such a big presence in the middle. 

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

He has improved immensely in the last 18 months or so, he’s really worked on his game. We used to see ‘those’ passes often  out for a throw in but he’s restrained himself every so often when necessary i.e. when we’re on the break. 

Such a big presence in the middle. 

I’m led to believe he was under instruction to play low percentage passes under a previous manager. It’s not necessarily a conscious decision from him to stop all of a sudden.

Archived