IGNORED

Kent

Top Robin

• Admin
12 hours ago, 29AR said:

Very good offensively, I still thought he looked a bit lethargic at retaking his position and regrouping.

Much, much better, but still some training needed before he can be trusted to start I feel. 

Agree that he looked much better already, but one massive concern was when he was tracking back and then literally just stopped and let Kyle Walker waltz past him, probably not been such a big part of his game before but those moments switching off could be a critical as putting in the winning cross

3 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Eh? He put in a fantastic ball for the 2nd goal. Needs to start on Saturday. Looks fitter. Fresh legs. 

On his second half performance last night he looks more accomplished than Walsh who had a bit of a mare in his first half contribution and was rightly substituted; it was rather the opposite against Norwich. Funny old game; Maggs will probably have a motm performance v QPR if LJ sticks with him from the start.

3 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

On his second half performance last night he looks more accomplished than Walsh who had a bit of a mare in his first half contribution and was rightly substituted; it was rather the opposite against Norwich. Funny old game; Maggs will probably have a motm performance v QPR if LJ sticks with him from the start.

Chances of that are close to nil..

Thought Kent looked all right yesterday, great cross for the goal, went past players easily and looked up for it. Did also track back, and was quite regularly back in our own final third helping out.

Paterson, for me, was poor against both Derby and Manchester. He just looks a bit off the pace at the moment, maybe the nerve injury is catching up with him. For Saturday, I’d probably feel more confident resting Pato, starting Kent and having Eliasson on the bench as back up.

11 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Personally thought he was greatly improved tonight. Just didn't quite make the final ball, very very exciting performance, ran at one of the best midfields in the world.

Quite agree, but let's remember he provided the pass to Bob that set up Flinty's goal.

Looked much more composed and confident than on his debut. I'm excited to see how things develop.

One minor gripe, is when he loses the ball he just seems to walk away looking pissed off. Take a leaf from young Mr Reid. When he loses the ball, he'll harass the player like a terrier to try and win it back.

4 hours ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Thought Kent looked all right yesterday, great cross for the goal, went past players easily and looked up for it. Did also track back, and was quite regularly back in our own final third helping out.

Paterson, for me, was poor against both Derby and Manchester. He just looks a bit off the pace at the moment, maybe the nerve injury is catching up with him. For Saturday, I’d probably feel more confident resting Pato, starting Kent and having Eliasson on the bench as back up.

spot on agree about patterson

5 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Walsh was completely lost, he was being passed around and not getting near anyone. To be fair he was up against a top quality side and everyone was struggling to find time to get the ball down and look for a pass. Patterson was just as bad , he tried but absolutely nothing came off. I called the subs with 10 minutes of the first half left (bloody rare for me) , but I can see why LJ started with that formation . We had very little possession and anyone playing in Walsh's place would have found it hard, lets see him with Korey back in the centre, he made a big difference in the 2nd half.
Kent was good, few blind alleys but what great control and a hell of a body swerve. When he came on we were getting more of the ball and pushing them back a little, it was easier to impress then. I think they will both be great for us for the rest of the season.

One point I must make, how good was Josh Brownhill last night. control, running with the ball and showing off his tricks. With Odowda and others coming back we could have an exciting run in , in prospect.

20 hours ago, Top Robin said:

Thought he looked good when he came on.

OK some of the final balls didn't quite come off but his silky skills looked great.

I think he may be good for us.

That would just about describe Barnsley fans feelings when he first played for us. That post could have been copied from our forum from way back when.

By the end, he was dividing opinion somewhat among the fans. He showed promise and silky skills at the start, dropped off quite a lot in the middle of his spell and then picked up towards the end.

Some were disappointed when he went because they can see the skill level he has. Others pointed out just how much he flatters to deceive because of his complete lack of final ball whilst others pointed out that, for all his skill, the number of games where he was one of the better players on the park could be counted with fingers.

I think he played every game he was fit for us because it was a condition of his loan that he play x% (think about 70%) of all game time he is available to play or we pay more towards his salary. If we could have, I would have dropped him mid season. It just wasn't working for him 9 times out of 10.

In the end, I was a bit meh when he went. Some exciting stuff, could be a player in there when he comes of age, but I am not convinced it will ever fully happen and he may be destined to always flatter to deceive. I hope for his sake (and yours) that it works because if it does he's got a very bright future. Just not sure it will. Wish him luck though, he'll give it his best shot.

Archived