IGNORED

City Merch in town

internetjef

Hello all

a friend of mine is in town for weekend and wants to pick up a city scarf as a present for someone.

is there anywhere in town they sell City merchandise she could get one? Or will she have to go to stadium? (Or buy online store/eBay of course)

ideally she would like to find a shop in the centre (cabot/broadness etc) and pick one up there.

i don't think we have a shop anymore, but wondered if anyone new if we had a stand selling stuff in any of the other shops?

any help would be appreciated 

cheers

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

The only thing we’ve had in town for quite a while was the halfnhalf scarf sellers. The shop at the ground is the only place and will be open today and Saturday (match day) but not Sunday. 

Quite like the managers ones will be looking for a Johnson / Holloway one tomorrow!

6 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

You can buy every single premier league/european football strip in Cabot circus but a Bristol city or rovers kit? Good luck. Very sad really.

But the worst thing of all is that at JD Sports at Cribbs and BRISTOL airport, you can easily pick up a Cardiff City or Swansea City shirt. Disgraceful.

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

But the worst thing of all is that at JD Sports at Cribbs and BRISTOL airport, you can easily pick up a Cardiff City or Swansea City shirt. Disgraceful.

For real? Wowzers. Can't even have their local team kit but can get their Champ rivals.

Didn't we used to have a shop in the Galleries on the bottom floor years ago?

19 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Bristol Sport merchandising should be matching this for City and rugby kit 

I think it will be something we might do if we ever get to the Prem. Villa used to have an outlet in the centre of Brum but when I was there for the snowy weekend before Xmas it was closed down. I think we like to keep our kits etc exclusively sold at our club shop as that way we can keep all the profit ourselves.

42 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Maybe, one by one, day by day, we should go into JD Sports and ask if they stock  City scarves and if not why not. Grind the barstewards down. 

Then again maybe the club doesn’t allow them to be sold in inferior retail outlets

Don’t really understand why we would need a shop these days in the centre. 

Most people buy online, or if they do want to go to a stores 95% of customers would be visiting Ashton Gate anyway. Would be a loss maker. 

Shops are very expensive to run, commercially we should be selling shirts to retailers though the likes of JD sports though.

As I've posted before; York Tourist Info Centre (between The Shambles & the Minster) sell York City scarves & shirts. The P'boro' TIC (in the centre of town) sell PUFC scarves & shirts.

Does Bristol have a Tourist Info Centre?

34 minutes ago, Selred said:

Don’t really understand why we would need a shop these days in the centre. 

Most people buy online, or if they do want to go to a stores 95% of customers would be visiting Ashton Gate anyway. Would be a loss maker. 

Shops are very expensive to run, commercially we should be selling shirts to retailers though the likes of JD sports though.

Having our own shop would be expensive, but how about a spot in Sports Direct in Cabot (Is that still there? I haven't needed a £4 umbrella for a while)

17 minutes ago, 22A said:

As I've posted before; York Tourist Info Centre (between The Shambles & the Minster) sell York City scarves & shirts. The P'boro' TIC (in the centre of town) sell PUFC scarves & shirts.

Does Bristol have a Tourist Info Centre?

Last i heard it was down by the watershed somewhere :blink:

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Do you know what i almost said something to the workers in JD at Bristol airport the other week whilst i was up there.. unbelievable that they have those 2 clubs shirts stocked in, like you said an absolute disgrace!

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

There is probably an argument for a Bristol Sport shop at Bristol Airport.

First and last place you visit.

We could announce our overseas signings a lot quicker.  Grab a shirt, four different poses in the passport photo booth, upload using those outdated £20 for 15 minutes Internet PCs. Sorted.

The JDSports idea has often occurred to me. Presumably though, it’s all down to negotiating margins and how much profit that nice Mr Ashley would require. 

Im sure Bristol Sport would rather sell direct and keep the profit, rather than subsidising Newcastle Utd.

Archived