IGNORED

One of Hollowhead’s Darkest Days :)

cheshire_red

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

I`m convinced that if it had stayed 11 v 11 we would have put five or six past them.

Also re. Freeman. What a horrible niggly diving little**** he`s become. Skeletor`s influence must be rubbing off on him.

don't think he will go down as someone we look back on fondly undid almost all the goodwill he had accumulated in one moment of over acting, bye missing you already.

I thought they were terrible and all skeletor could do was throw Matt Smith on, that was his game winning tactic, to aimlessly lump it up in his general direction.

They are a rudderless team bereft of ideas. Once the second went in I couldn't see them coming back from that.

It's funny I seem to recall skeletor saying "that wasn't his team" last season as well! 

4 hours ago, Sparkz 76 said:

Truth is when Freeman left I was gutted as I reallly liked him as a player but the truth is he would have trouble making our bench when injuries are back. Holloway has his faults but he has always been honest and he knows his days are numbered at QPR

I thought his summary was complimentary to be honest; the better side won, it was a yellow not a red and his players let him down. 

To be honest I thought that was a bit harsh on his own players - I thought they put in a lot of effort right to the end - they were just simply not good enough. 

QPR were dreadful, let's be honest here?

My issue is that, financial cheating apart, which still has a huge fine waiting, they're a lower Championship / upper L1 club aren't they? History means naff all when FFP kicks in. They are where they are supposed to be, financially. I would imagine our turnover blows theirs away nowadays and, without the cheating money men, they wouldn't have been a  Prem club? How do their crowds compare to ours? I can't imagine they have the modern corporate facilities we have in their historic, but let's be honest 'crap' stadium?

They're in London, yes, but they're nowhere near what some of their fans perceive them to be. The fact it's Holloway makes it all the sweeter but what's different between QPR and Brentford in the modern game?

12 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

QPR were dreadful, let's be honest here?

My issue is that, financial cheating apart, which still has a huge fine waiting, they're a lower Championship / upper L1 club aren't they? History means naff all when FFP kicks in. They are where they are supposed to be, financially. I would imagine our turnover blows theirs away nowadays and, without the cheating money men, they wouldn't have been a  Prem club? How do their crowds compare to ours? I can't imagine they have the modern corporate facilities we have in their historic, but let's be honest 'crap' stadium?

They're in London, yes, but they're nowhere near what some of their fans perceive them to be. The fact it's Holloway makes it all the sweeter but what's different between QPR and Brentford in the modern game?

Brentford play more attractive football and will shortly be moving to a modern stadium?

What a shame....and for me Holloway isn’t the only one who has to take ‘a long hard look at himself’.....those amongst the City fans yesterday who booed Luke Freeman (way before his ‘dive’) but applauded Matt Smith should do the same. One was an integral part of a superb City team that brought home proper silverware for the first time since 1955 and the other scored a few goals during a short loan period.

Every permanent member of that 2014/2015 squad should be forever remembered for the glorious achievement and season that they gave us, not pathetically booed when they come back. That squad is obviously still close, as evidenced by Litts, Wilbs and Des sitting together and cheering us on at The Gate vs Man City...

Anyway, back to Holloway....after this never to be forgotten ‘speech’ I don’t care what he thinks about himself...

11 hours ago, redfieldred said:

For some reason no-ones allowed to slag mags? He’s made a couple of terrible errors. Why should he be above criticism? Other players like pack have been criticised for mistakes and they have stayed in the team and proved critics wrong. Pack was called div 1 standard so many times on here I lost count. He wasn’t and isn’t. It’s up to mags to show he is good enough. I still have some doubts. 

Maggers tweeted that Redfieldfred needs to cut out the mistakes in his posts on OTIB but doubts that he can .

7 hours ago, Swede said:

I thought they were terrible and all skeletor could do was throw Matt Smith on, that was his game winning tactic, to aimlessly lump it up in his general direction.

They are a rudderless team bereft of ideas. Once the second went in I couldn't see them coming back from that.

It's funny I seem to recall skeletor saying "that wasn't his team" last season as well! 

To be fair, we had quite a few nervous moments early in the second half. Fortunately LJ's substitutions and Joey's goal changed the momentum :cool:

5 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

He was pathetically booed way before his ‘dive’ - why???!

15 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Probably from when he refused to play before his transfer. 

Absolutely spot on. He was booed because he totally disrespected the club and fans by refusing to play when forcing his transfer. 

Absolute cockwomble; by all means submit a transfer request but honour your contract and do what you’re being paid to do.

9 hours ago, Miggy said:

I’d like to we would, but we sometimes struggle against poor teams that park the bus. Having a man sent off possibly gave them some belief or pressure to go for the win and we were able to exploit that...

or maybe we’d have stuffed them!

We looked very good from the off to be fair to the lads.

The ref spoiled an exhibition of football from the City.

Still these boys stand up for the club . You can but love them. 

15 minutes ago, shelts said:

Not a great day returning to Bristol and his team putting on a very poor show against ten men . His comments after was pretty good and accurate. Pretty sure the sack is coming 

That was certainly a sackable performance yesterday.

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Probably from when he refused to play before his transfer. 

As I said in reply to a similar post to yours, most players will just not stay at a club and rack up 500 plus appearances anymore, he was part of a squad that gave us real silverware for the first time in 60 years. I will never boo anyone connected to that squad...

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

What a shame....and for me Holloway isn’t the only one who has to take ‘a long hard look at himself’.....those amongst the City fans yesterday who booed Luke Freeman (way before his ‘dive’) but applauded Matt Smith should do the same. One was an integral part of a superb City team that brought home proper silverware for the first time since 1955 and the other scored a few goals during a short loan period.

Every permanent member of that 2014/2015 squad should be forever remembered for the glorious achievement and season that they gave us, not pathetically booed when they come back. That squad is obviously still close, as evidenced by Litts, Wilbs and Des sitting together and cheering us on at The Gate vs Man City...

Anyway, back to Holloway....after this never to be forgotten ‘speech’ I don’t care what he thinks about himself...

so glad you've raised this vid - I can't believe there were some young uns who were suggesting he could be our next manager a few years back. 

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

As I said in reply to a similar post to yours, most players will just not stay at a club and rack up 500 plus appearances anymore, he was part of a squad that gave us real silverware for the first time in 60 years. I will never boo anyone connected to that squad...

Fair shout. I didn't boo but I'll never respect a contracted member of the squad who refuses to play for the club when asked.

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Fair shout. I didn't boo but I'll never respect a contracted member of the squad who refuses to play for the club when asked.

He said he'd rather not be picked as his mind was on the move and he didn't think he could concentrate and give it his all.   Which is subtly different from how many have remembered the incident.

Anyway, as yesterday showed, we don't miss him.

3 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

He said he'd rather not be picked as his mind was on the move and he didn't think he could concentrate and give it his all.   Which is subtly different from how many have remembered the incident.

Anyway, as yesterday showed, we don't miss him.

No excuse for it in those circumstances IMO, doesn’t matter what’s going on with any potential transfer. If you’re currently employed by us then you make yourself available. 

We absolutely don’t miss him. The QPR fans were fairly damning of him yesterday. 

Archived