IGNORED

One of Hollowhead’s Darkest Days :)

cheshire_red

I’ve never seen such a one-sided match where the team with the numerical advantage were distinctly second best.

When Baker went off my immediate thought was a draw would be a good result now, but we won easily.

It would be so sweet if this was the final straw for Hollowhead.

20 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

What a shame....and for me Holloway isn’t the only one who has to take ‘a long hard look at himself’.....those amongst the City fans yesterday who booed Luke Freeman (way before his ‘dive’) but applauded Matt Smith should do the same. One was an integral part of a superb City team that brought home proper silverware for the first time since 1955 and the other scored a few goals during a short loan period.

Every permanent member of that 2014/2015 squad should be forever remembered for the glorious achievement and season that they gave us, not pathetically booed when they come back. That squad is obviously still close, as evidenced by Litts, Wilbs and Des sitting together and cheering us on at The Gate vs Man City...

Anyway, back to Holloway....after this never to be forgotten ‘speech’ I don’t care what he thinks about himself...

Shame that bus didn't take a wrong turn under a really low bridge....has he been sacked yet?

2 minutes ago, husshen said:

I like Holloway.

Club rivalries aside, I think he's represented our city very well on the national stage over the past 10-15 years - at a time when he's been pretty much the only Bristolian accent you ever hear at PL/top of the Championship level.

Thank you Mrs Holloway . How are your chickens ?

5 minutes ago, husshen said:

I like Holloway.

Club rivalries aside, I think he's represented our city very well on the national stage over the past 10-15 years - at a time when he's been pretty much the only Bristolian accent you ever hear at PL/top of the Championship level.

I don't. And I don't.

6 minutes ago, husshen said:

I like Holloway.

In my opinion, he comes across as thick as shit, which perpetuates the "bumpkin" external view of our fair city. 

11 hours ago, Loon plage said:

In my opinion, he comes across as thick as shit, which perpetuates the "bumpkin" external view of our fair city. 

exactly this - his whole 'village idiot' rent-a-quote act is utterly cringe-worthy. Bristol's reputation has soared in recent years as one of the most exciting cities in western europe, and then we've got this pillock goofing around like wurzel effing gummidge. tbh, he's a fine ambassador for the gas, shows them up for the simpletons they are. 

On ‎28‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 01:50, Ska Junkie said:

QPR were dreadful, let's be honest here?

My issue is that, financial cheating apart, which still has a huge fine waiting, they're a lower Championship / upper L1 club aren't they? History means naff all when FFP kicks in. They are where they are supposed to be, financially. I would imagine our turnover blows theirs away nowadays and, without the cheating money men, they wouldn't have been a  Prem club? How do their crowds compare to ours? I can't imagine they have the modern corporate facilities we have in their historic, but let's be honest 'crap' stadium?

They're in London, yes, but they're nowhere near what some of their fans perceive them to be. The fact it's Holloway makes it all the sweeter but what's different between QPR and Brentford in the modern game?

Our average crowd is bigger than their ground, as is Fulham's.  Brentford will soon overtake them when they're new ground is built.  QPR will go the way of Leyton Orient.  Good riddance.

9 hours ago, The Bard said:

Our average crowd is bigger than their ground, as is Fulham's.  Brentford will soon overtake them when they're new ground is built.  QPR will go the way of Leyton Orient.  Good riddance.

I don't have any affiliation with the club but nostalgically we always seemed to be playing QPR on the big match with Brian Moore commentating when I was a boy.

Would be a shame to lose them , that being said , they sold out years ago , " Boutique " club .

No , as you were . Frock 'em .

My mate's a QPR supporter, follows them all over, I don't think he's too keen on Holloway but he was a bit surprised at the hatred, from me/us .  The club has been run badly but I think with good intentions. The owner has been advised badly and he's sucked it up. They've spent millions on average players being paid well over what they're worth. Another club run badly by rich men playing power games and the fans suffer. I feel sorry for people like my mate, life long fan who now sees his club in real difficulties. If FFP actually kicks in , I read they have a potential fine of £60m hanging over them. And to think, not long ago they had 3 owners that made them just about the richest club around. Now I'm not sure they can even afford to sack the manager.

37 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

My mate's a QPR supporter, follows them all over, I don't think he's too keen on Holloway but he was a bit surprised at the hatred, from me/us .  The club has been run badly but I think with good intentions. The owner has been advised badly and he's sucked it up. They've spent millions on average players being paid well over what they're worth. Another club run badly by rich men playing power games and the fans suffer. I feel sorry for people like my mate, life long fan who now sees his club in real difficulties. If FFP actually kicks in , I read they have a potential fine of £60m hanging over them. And to think, not long ago they had 3 owners that made them just about the richest club around. Now I'm not sure they can even afford to sack the manager.

I think this is the reason for the vitriol towards them, mate.

Nobody seems to know what the truth is here; but from the outside looking in, it appears that Q.P.R. have just ignored this, and done nothing with regard to reaching any sort of settlement.

This should have been sorted a long time ago, yet Q.P.R. are allowed to carry on signing players despite this hanging over them.

7 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

I think this is the reason for the vitriol towards them, mate.

Nobody seems to know what the truth is here; but from the outside looking in, it appears that Q.P.R. have just ignored this, and done nothing with regard to reaching any sort of settlement.

This should have been sorted a long time ago, yet Q.P.R. are allowed to carry on signing players despite over them.

I think the League or someone should have something in place where when this sort of thing starts, they should be told of the consequences . They have had managers,advisers and scouts going to the board saying we NEED this , that and the other and he's stumped up. In their relegation season he seemed to be more or less conned into panic buying shite players, past their best for extortionate fees and on silly wages. He was stupid to do it and I think he is trying to change how the club is run , but it's easy to say that with a massive fine hanging over your head. Their wage bill from 12/13 13/14 14/15 didn't drop below £73m (one of those years was in the Championship) , I really think there should be some onus on the League to keep an eye on the finances of clubs, even if they can only warn them of potential fines. It may stop some of these clubs spiralling into huge debts.

On ‎29‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 10:35, husshen said:

I like Holloway.

If your criteria is: to have the world believe that everyone in Bristol wears a smock and chew on a blade of grass then he's doing a cracking job; he's nothing more than the village idiot.

In fairness to him, (and it's really hard to be fair to him), unlike most of the six fingered cousin lovers from Whorefield, he does at least realise where we actually are now as a club.  And I give him (a very small amount of) credit for not being cliched about his loyalties and his opinion of us with his post match comments on Saturday, which were along the lines of "Fair play to Lee, he's got his club going in a really good direction....And I'm GUTTED".... beyond that, he's a****!

Archived