IGNORED

Korey Smith sending his defender for a hot dog

Miggy

Deserves credit for making the 2nd goal. Thought he was superb coming forward, should have done better when Kent broke and put him through, but his recovery shot was decent. One of our great performers going under the radar :clap:

Really glad he got his moment against Man U 

:city:

1 hour ago, cityexile said:

Thought the second was very tight to offside initially, but having watched it again, decided I am going to let it stand...

Had an excellent game, especially considering the sending off had him play much deeper.

What, are you VAR or something?  :laugh:

46 minutes ago, RedDave said:

And loads said we should sell him last season when he was only average after a long injury and no pre season!

When I spoke to Dean Holden, he said it’s virtually impossible to have a good season if you miss pre-season.

1 hour ago, Hampshire Red said:

He is missing goals and shots on target from midfield to be that valuable to others whereas Bobby, Aden and Joe do exactly what their roles demand. I love Corby but we will see more of him once we have our RBs sorted, e.g Pisano plus another. 

The difference when he was forced to RB and then when he went back into midfield yesterday was obvious. He’s the engine of our midfield. No way will LJ drop him. 

2 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

He is missing goals and shots on target from midfield to be that valuable to others whereas Bobby, Aden and Joe do exactly what their roles demand. I love Corby but we will see more of him once we have our RBs sorted, e.g Pisano plus another. 

I love Corby, he's been instrumental in us employing the press :ph34r:

11 hours ago, gordie said:

Sorry Smith is not going under the radar, just about everyone acknowledge's that he is one of our best players

I think what the OP was meaning (@Miggy please correct me if I'm wrong) is that whenever we are mentioned in the national press, on TV etc. it's Joe Bryan and Aden Flint that are getting the plaudits. Obviously we are getting plaudits as a team as a whole, but the press seemed to have picked up on these two in particular - the free scoring, no nonsense, man mountain of a centre back-cum-striker and the home grown, playing for his hometown club academy product.

I for one am glad that Korey Smith is going under the radar as he is absolutely integral to our team and the way we play. 

When the teams are announced, Korey's name is one of the first I look for.  Our midfield looks average without him.

I also believe he is better than he thinks he is.  A bit more confidence going forward would be helpful.

And he fills in at RB pretty well too, though I hate to see his talents wasted so much in that position.

He is a star for me as much as the likes of Joe and Aden.

3 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

He is missing goals and shots on target from midfield to be that valuable to others whereas Bobby, Aden and Joe do exactly what their roles demand. I love Corby but we will see more of him once we have our RBs sorted, e.g Pisano plus another. 

Well it is a nice part of Northamptonshire I suppose...

2 hours ago, Red Homer said:

I think what the OP was meaning (@Miggy please correct me if I'm wrong) is that whenever we are mentioned in the national press, on TV etc. it's Joe Bryan and Aden Flint that are getting the plaudits. Obviously we are getting plaudits as a team as a whole, but the press seemed to have picked up on these two in particular - the free scoring, no nonsense, man mountain of a centre back-cum-striker and the home grown, playing for his hometown club academy product.

I for one am glad that Korey Smith is going under the radar as he is absolutely integral to our team and the way we play. 

Nailed it. Get that man a cider!

12 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

You've got to credit the coaching team, he's looking more and more rounded with each game. I love every member of this team.

This comment sums it up for me.

We as a club are a genuine proper team and that includes us fans.

Love the city always but right now we are part of something special. 

Of course there is one luvvie on here, who will not agree, when I described Smith as the anchor of our midfield, he described him as the anchor who weighs the midfield down, but as usual i'm sure he knows best.

Korey Smith is IMHO opinion the most important player in our squad and has in the main had a terrific season and long may it continue.

Archived