IGNORED

What is your second sport?

BetterRedthanBlue

2 hours ago, RedDave said:

We used to have a tips thread going which I think lasted all of one week! 

Off to Cheltenham?  I am going on the Tuesday.  

I’m there Tuesday too, was there on first of Jan and was at Ascot to see UDS run. I will be keeping an eye on the going at Cheltenham as both Frodon and Def Red inpressed me.

There is some interesting racing ahead of us this weekend in Ireland too.

11 minutes ago, Rob k said:

I’m there Tuesday too, was there on first of Jan and was at Ascot to see UDS run. I will be keeping an eye on the going at Cheltenham as both Frodon and Def Red inpressed me.

There is some interesting racing ahead of us this weekend in Ireland too.

I was on Definitely Red.  He did look good. 

Irish racing always puts me off....probably paranoid but always seem to do poorly on their races.  

We were all set for a big one at Cheltenham as my bosses horse (Maire Banrigh) was set to be there but she has really disappointed so just a few of us going now.  

Was in Hong Kong recently and there race course in Happy Valley is one to check out if you ever get the chance.  Spectacular.  

Bristol City will always be my first love.

I am a Bath rugby fan. Always preferred them over Bristol, dont recall as to why.

Great day out at the rugby. Internationals can get a bit pricey though. England home matches are a joke for availability and price. 

Twickenham also needs an upgrade. Most of the outside of the stadium looks like something out of the Running Man. It's quite horrid.

They could easily rebuild with an extra 30,000 seats. I suppose the locals probably wont like it, but it's only a few times a year.

Less said about Bath and their stadium the better. Hopefully the Rec will be a "proper" stadium one day, but it's just been going on for decades now, it'll be my 100th birthday and they'll still be arguing about it. 

10 minutes ago, The Batman said:

Bristol City will always be my first love.

I am a Bath rugby fan. Always preferred them over Bristol, dont recall as to why.

Great day out at the rugby. Internationals can get a bit pricey though. England home matches are a joke for availability and price. 

Twickenham also needs an upgrade. Most of the outside of the stadium looks like something out of the Running Man. It's quite horrid.

They could easily rebuild with an extra 30,000 seats. I suppose the locals probably wont like it, but it's only a few times a year.

Less said about Bath and their stadium the better. Hopefully the Rec will be a "proper" stadium one day, but it's just been going on for decades now, it'll be my 100th birthday and they'll still be arguing about it. 

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, RedDave said:

I was on Definitely Red.  He did look good. 

Irish racing always puts me off....probably paranoid but always seem to do poorly on their races.  

We were all set for a big one at Cheltenham as my bosses horse (Maire Banrigh) was set to be there but she has really disappointed so just a few of us going now.  

Was in Hong Kong recently and there race course in Happy Valley is one to check out if you ever get the chance.  Spectacular.  

I’d love to go to some events outside of the uk, whilst I prefer the jump racing I’d love to go to the Paris and Dubai meetings in the flat. 

Punchestown festival was a great crack if you have never been

4 minutes ago, Rob k said:

I’d love to go to some events outside of the uk, whilst I prefer the jump racing I’d love to go to the Paris and Dubai meetings in the flat. 

Punchestown festival was a great crack if you have never been

Might do that one. Galway is fantastic, mainly cos the town afterwards is such an incredible night out.

Out of English courses my fave is Chester.

I am lucky that I go to Hong Kong every January with work so we always go to the races one night

IMG_5394.JPG

10 hours ago, RedDave said:

Purely Test Match Cricket.  Non of this 20/20 baseball crap

Cricket is a fascinating game. Test matches being the ultimate level and I never miss an England test match.

That said i enjoy all forms of the game and regularly watch live T20 

• Admin

Football is probably my second sport behind Match Fishing, then it’s Cricket, test cricket, then 1 dayers and lastly 20/20.  Don’t mind a bit of F1, Moto GP, Darts, I am trying to get my head round egg chasing as well.  Also love some of the GAA games, been in Ireland a couple of times for the all Ireland hurling champs- great atmosphere in the pubs, must get to a live game.

Probably only one sport I can’t get interested in, athletics people who can run fast and throw things, just could never get enthusiastic about it.

5 hours ago, Spoonbed said:

Playing Cricket.

Refreshing to see  in this thread that there is interest in the game. To me, it certainly feels like participation levels( and interest in general) has dropped massively. 

Steve L and Bristol Sport should start/adopt a cricket club.... Perfect for his 'village green',  would need a huge carpark mind, but the village green brigade could hardly object. 

Archived