IGNORED

Craig Bellamy favourite for the Oxford manager`s job

Lanterne Rouge

29 minutes ago, walnutroof said:

I saw him on the debate on sky after the etihad first leg and he came across really well and a lot better than he did as a player so good luck to him 

Indeed,a very amiable fellow in the flesh,so as to speak,was fortunate to chat to him a few years ago-very different to his playing persona!

I always thought that there was more to Bellamy than the player we all loved to hate. 

He was one if the first players to put his inflated Prem salary into coaching schemes in Africa, and whilst I realise that several players did that for tax reasons subsequently, I doubt he saw much of a financial return on that.

I never 'loved to hate' the player although i heard it was a fairly common trait amongst some fans Port Said.

I am also not opining of his abilities per se; i feel a rookie manager whatever his attributes will not hit the ground running and not ensure a play off spot with only 1/3 of the season remaining. If he does he may deserve a medal.

8 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

You like your men hard don't you PF ? 

:blush:

perhaps that should read  " you like your hardmen "

Bugger , I'll get my coat .

:mf_sleep:

Haha, they’re just interesting ones in particular.

Warnock’s changed my opinion on him, he doesn’t ‘hate’ Bristol City and I got the impression he’d love to manage here. All his pantomime stuff is solely to deflect attention. Good book anyway, plenty of funny anecdotes.

56 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

I never 'loved to hate' the player although i heard it was a fairly common trait amongst some fans Port Said.

I am also not opining of his abilities per se; i feel a rookie manager whatever his attributes will not hit the ground running and not ensure a play off spot with only 1/3 of the season remaining. If he does he may deserve a medal.

I would normally agree about the rookie Manager thing, but Kevin Nolan is challenging that perception with Notts County. Maybe all the badges etc that they have to take these days are paying off?

6 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Warnock’s changed my opinion on him, he doesn’t ‘hate’ Bristol City and I got the impression he’d love to manage here. All his pantomime stuff is solely to deflect attention. Good book anyway, plenty of funny anecdotes.

Enjoyed both of Warnock's books, the first one in particular. Although the second one is interesting regarding his time at QPR. Whilst on the subject if you haven't read it, I'd highly recommend Journeyman by Ben Smith, very well written book by a former lower league player. 

9 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Enjoyed both of Warnock's books, the first one in particular. Although the second one is interesting regarding his time at QPR. Whilst on the subject if you haven't read it, I'd highly recommend Journeyman by Ben Smith, very well written book by a former lower league player. 

Haven't come across that one, will have to look into it. 

I do really like the Secret Footballer books too. Some very interesting anecdotes in there, including one pretty damning account about our former manager Steve Cotterill!

21 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I do really like the Secret Footballer books too. Some very interesting anecdotes in there, including one pretty damning account about our former manager Steve Cotterill!

Think that's putting it lightly! Whoever he is (Kitson), whatever his identity (Kitson), he's not a fan of our Steve. Seemed like he really hated him.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yeah good books, although he annoys me at times how ungrateful he seems to be for his career, especially when you consider how fortunate he was to have played in the Premier League. Not a big fan of Pulis is he either :laughcont:

58 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Is there an Audble version available read by the man (Neil) himself. Probably not, but i would love to hear that one, me.

i bet it is a crackin book

There is, I listened to the second one, his performance at reading is actually quite good. Starts off a bit weird but he gets into it. 

10 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I always thought that there was more to Bellamy than the player we all loved to hate. 

He was one if the first players to put his inflated Prem salary into coaching schemes in Africa, and whilst I realise that several players did that for tax reasons subsequently, I doubt he saw much of a financial return on that.

Also used to pay his own way to get to some Wales hands where he wasn’t able to travel out with the squad.  

2 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Think that's putting it lightly! Whoever he is (Kitson), whatever his identity (Kitson), he's not a fan of our Steve. Seemed like he really hated him.

Yeah, if you take Kitson’s account at face value I don’t really blame him for hating Cotterill either. Really didn’t rate him as a manager, even the pre-season tour story was damning!

13 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Neil Warnock is a fine bloke, his media persona is well rehearsed and it amuses him when the ill-informed fall for it, and there are plenty of those on here. I get called out on here fairly regularly for ‘defending’ Neil Warnock, but it won’t stop me doing so. He is an expert at deflecting attention and pressure away from his players and his CV cannot be bettered in terms of promotions in this country....on here he’s called a cynical, dirty, cheating, anti football manager who is totally responsible for the actions of his players.

Presumably those same antagonists think the same about Spurs’ manager Pochettino because Dele Alli has been cautioned more than once this season for diving and feigning injury....no? I thought not....

14 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I would normally agree about the rookie Manager thing, but Kevin Nolan is challenging that perception with Notts County. Maybe all the badges etc that they have to take these days are paying off?

He is doing well so far agreed. I just feel with relatively few games left its a very tall order to expect Oxford to make the play offs with a change of manager. Lets see.

4 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yeah, if you take Kitson’s account at face value I don’t really blame him for hating Cotterill either. Really didn’t rate him as a manager, even the pre-season tour story was damning!

Who the guy who won us the double including a first title in, what was it, 60 years?

15 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Arhhh thats a relief.. I had no idea Kitson was ever a manager. Thanks for putting me straight there Yosh.

Haha, you’re welcome, but no I don’t think he has been... Kitson, as a player, didn’t rate Cotterill.

Phileas, presumably, does rate Cotterill for what he achieved here.

I have no information, as of yet, on who does or doesn’t rate Kitson (but Phileas likes his books).

Cotterill is probably less enthused about the books.

Warnock is “actually quite good” at reading.

Bellamy had something to do with this to begin with, but I’ve lost track as to what.

Kieran Agard is king.

Archived