IGNORED

Bobby Reid

Red Army 75

17 hours ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Valid and thought out response, appreciated.

I guess what I'm trying to say - A players worth/value is determined by how much the paying club are willing to pay. I do not think that any club at this stage will be prepared to spend 15 million on Reid (or 10 for that matter.)

I may be wrong, I may be right - that remains to be seen, but that's my view. Like everybody else, I have no idea what offers we may receive/accept/decline but I refuse to accept statements such as "Reid will definitely go in excess of 15m" as fact.

That is only true when a club wants to sell. If a club does not want to sell then the player's value is determined by how much the selling club are willing to accept. 

For what it's worth, I think other clubs would consider it a gamble to spend £10 million + on Reid after one good season but I think we would be fools to accept less than £15 million at this stage. For this reason, I do not believe he is likely to go in the summer. But as it stands Bristol City, rather than buying clubs, will determine what his value is...

5 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

That is only true when a club wants to sell. If a club does not want to sell then the player's value is determined by how much the selling club are willing to accept. 

For what it's worth, I think other clubs would consider it a gamble to spend £10 million + on Reid after one good season but I think we would be fools to accept less than £15 million at this stage. For this reason, I do not believe he is likely to go in the summer. But as it stands Bristol City, rather than buying clubs, will determine what his value is...

Exactly the point I'm trying to make, cheers LB. 

On 2/21/2018 at 23:32, Pezo said:

As some who said something along the lines of "he will never cut it at this level" im very happy to be proved sooooooo wrong.

What a footballer the amount of running a space creation he does for himself and the team is incredible. Constantly looking to either challenge a defender with the ball at his feet, give and go or hunt a defender down when not in possession.

He must be such a difficult player to defend against because he has a variety of skills.

Massive credit must go to LJ and the coaches.............who would have thought a year or so ago.....what he has achieved. Well done to the best Bobby, since a certain Super Bobby Taylor.

Archived