IGNORED

Hello Mrs Warnock

Norn Iron

Dear Mrs Warnock,

Your husband, our Neil, mentioned in his radio press conference that you like to come onto this forum. Apparently, you were able to help Neil with some info regarding his own Cardiff City team via a post on OTIB! So, on behalf of everyone here, hello and welcome.

A few of us appreciate your hubby's skill in getting teams promoted. We've also enjoyed his jibes at BCFC when a ref has made an incorrect decision in his opinion. One incident comes to mind and as the ref didn't see that the ball had crossed the line, he was right not to award a perfectly valid goal!

It would be great to hear from you rather than just being a lurker (not the  punk band from the 70s). So, please let us know what your views are on say, Lee Tomlin, the Cardiff City Owner, long distant commutes from Cornwall to Cardiff and if this will be his last managerial post. 

Kind regards,

Afternoon Mr Iron ( or can I call you Norn ? )

Yes I did hear Neil ' out me ' on the radio earlier as it happens ! .....there's a naughty boy that'll be sleeping in the spare room ( or as we like to call it here on the farm....the Sty ) for a while I can tell you ! Quite why  radio Bristol spent so much time playing an interview obviously meant for consumption on the western side of the Bristol Channel is a little odd...but I'm sure such amateurish antics are out of character??

Still, I digress, you asked about Neil , or as I affectionately call him ' Oy big nose ! '....well I can tell you we have big plans ! After receiving the freedom of the city of Cardiff at the end of the season we intend to make the most of our new right to herd our sheep over the main bridge into the city........it's the only place we 'd get away with 'intent to supply for prostitution' right under the noses of the authorities !

in answer to your question about Lee Tomlin I'm afraid we're still a bit 'miffed' about that.....Neil was in a farm supplies place in Bristol one day and asked if he could have a porker delivered ( he meant for the farm obviously) and the rest is history !

Will it be his last position ? ....who knows....he's considering several modelling offers but we'll see if we can continue to blag a living out of this football lark for as long as we can !

Agent Warnock over and out.

56 minutes ago, Super said:

Classy thread. Embarrassing.

for what it's worth, Super, it just goes to show how a thread can go in a different direction to the way it was intended.

At no time was I trying to take the mick out of Mrs W.  Neil, had genuinely mentioned his wife trawling this forum so I thought I would inform this site. My original post was in the form of an open type letter to Mrs W but written without malice or bitchiness. There was even a small, and I do say small, glimmer of thinking that Mrs.W might take the bait and post something.

Regarding that comment about she had cancer and that the thread wasn't funny, was a red rag to me. As someone who has had to give up a career, sell our home and subsequently be my wife's full time carer (for 15 years now) plus look after our then 3 year old son, because of cancer, I would be the last person to make a joke at someone else's expense especially when he/she has had to endure the crap of being cared for.

The original thread was never meant to be in poor taste. If people are that concerned about Mrs W as a cancer survivor, maybe they should also think about her husband and maybe less Colin type comments would be made. If you re-read the op, you will see that.

1 hour ago, Super said:

Classy thread. Embarrassing.

3 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

for what it's worth, Super, it just goes to show how a thread can go in a different direction to the way it was intended.

At no time was I trying to take the mick out of Mrs W.  Neil, had genuinely mentioned his wife trawling this forum so I thought I would inform this site. My original post was in the form of an open type letter to Mrs W but written without malice or bitchiness. There was even a small, and I do say small, glimmer of thinking that Mrs.W might take the bait and post something.

Regarding that comment about she had cancer and that the thread wasn't funny, was a red rag to me. As someone who has had to give up a career, sell our home and subsequently be my wife's full time carer (for 15 years now) plus look after our then 3 year old son, because of cancer, I would be the last person to make a joke at someone else's expense especially when he/she has had to endure the crap of being cared for.

The original thread was never meant to be in poor taste. If people are that concerned about Mrs W as a cancer survivor, maybe they should also think about her husband and maybe less Colin type comments would be made. If you re-read the op, you will see that.

Respect, total respect to you. 

10 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

Agreed.

Little known Warnock fact. He actually retired from football to care for his wife when she was ill. It was her persistence that made him accept the Rotherham job.

He might be a lot of things and football wise, he's up there with Holloway but as a fella, kudos to him.

Archived