IGNORED

Will Preston be called off?

Jcolebristol

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It's Saturdays game that could be  at risk with all the snow forecasted. The pitch will be fine with the undersoil heating but the access roads around AG could be deemed as hazardous.

Yep. Little chance of it being on.

We havent had a game called off at Deepdale I dont think  for about 15 years , little or no chance of the game being called off  , we have had a reasonable amount of snow for Preston but nothing drastic and the weather forecast for next appears to to be milder - game will be on 

Mortis

3 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

I don't know about that, I'd say it's still quite likely to go ahead.

Not with the forecast. Snow pretty much for next 3 days. Not the worst with a few injuries if it is.

45 minutes ago, Mortis said:

We havent had a game called off at Deepdale I dont think  for about 15 years , little or no chance of the game being called off  , we have had a reasonable amount of snow for Preston but nothing drastic and the weather forecast for next appears to to be milder - game will be on 

Mortis

You’re probably right, but in there modern blame and claim times if someone falls in your stadium area the club could be liable. That’s why many games are cancelled these days.

26 minutes ago, Super said:

Not with the forecast. Snow pretty much for next 3 days. Not the worst with a few injuries if it is.

There have been games on in the past with worse weather I would say, but you're probably right, what with the increased pressure on health and safety these days.

The point on injuries is a valid one for us, but I'm sure Sheffield Wednesday would be absolutely delighted if it was called off! Their injuries make ours look like nothing. I'd rather play them now.

1 hour ago, Coxy27 said:

There have been games on in the past with worse weather I would say, but you're probably right, what with the increased pressure on health and safety these days.

The point on injuries is a valid one for us, but I'm sure Sheffield Wednesday would be absolutely delighted if it was called off! Their injuries make ours look like nothing. I'd rather play them now.

Purely from a selfish point of view it`s unlikely that I would risk trying to get to Bristol on Saturday (we live smack in the middle of the Devon red warning zone) so I`d be well chuffed if it was called off.

That`s just me though.

3 hours ago, Super said:

Yep. Little chance of it being on.

I don’t get this. If the pitch itself is fine, why shouldn’t it go ahead? 

Bit of snow and everything is standstill. The main roads will be fine.

12 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Purely from a selfish point of view it`s unlikely that I would risk trying to get to Bristol on Saturday (we live smack in the middle of the Devon red warning zone) so I`d be well chuffed if it was called off.

That`s just me though.

Disgraceful! Surely as a committed Red you have time to pack some rations, fashion some make-shift skis, tether them to your feet, and set-off on foot/ski? As my old form tutor used to say if you were late, regardless of the reason, "you should have set off earlier". ;)

5 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

Disgraceful! Surely as a committed Red you have time to pack some rations, fashion some make-shift skis, tether them to your feet, and set-off on foot/ski? As my old form tutor used to say if you were late, regardless of the reason, "you should have set off earlier". ;)

No such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing.

9 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Health and Safety.

36 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

That`s just me though.

I'm thinking the same driving down from London on Friday night… Even if the game is on, I'm thinking of staying put! :city:

25 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I agree with the sentiment but, if you're old enough, think back to the r**ers game at our place a good few years ago (would have to be anyway) when the rain / snow in the stands froze. If that happened, the stands would be a law suit waiting to happen. We only need one person to injure themselves on club property and it could cost a lot of money.

I'm not saying it's right but the club has to be extremely careful to make sure the whole ground is safe nowadays, not just the pitch to be playable.

1 hour ago, havanatopia said:

And media hysteria. Can the news talk about a bit more than just snow please, its ridiculous.

You're missing all the benefits here ...

I've heard nothing about Donald Trump since earlier this week.  Long live the snow.

On 01/03/2018 at 09:00, Jcolebristol said:

I had booked meetings around the Preston match on tue & wed. But given the weather, likely at least one will be cancelled. 

I don’t want to do the other one if city aren’t playing, so what do people think? Is Preston’s ground robust enough to deal with snow?

Shouldn’t worry about the ground being robust, I’m more worried about how robust the side will be 

37 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I've heard nothing about Donald Trump since earlier this week.  Long live the snow.

I'm afraid even the snow hasn't stopped him, on the news earlier as he's taxing steel and al-loo-min-um imports :)

1 minute ago, RedM said:

I'm afraid even the snow hasn't stopped him, on the news earlier as he's taxing steel and al-loo-min-um imports :)

Hmm. They should tax their citizens for not speaking the English language proper, like.

22 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Have you not seen the tweets from him claiming the snow is our punishment for being over run by foreigners then? :laughcont:

Archived