IGNORED

Team V Preston

healeyred

Fielding 

Wright     Flint         Baker      Bryan 

Brownhill     Smith     Pack      Paterson 

Reid      Diedhiou 

Subs  Steele Pisano Magnússon Walsh O'Neil  Kent  Diony 

Pisano did well but will be a big ask for him to play two games in 4 days after a long term injury 

16 hours ago, healeyred said:

Fielding 

Wright     Flint         Baker      Bryan 

Brownhill     Smith     Pack      Paterson 

Reid      Diedhiou 

Subs  Steele Pisano Magnússon Walsh O'Neil  Kent  Diony 

Pisano did well but will be a big ask for him to play two games in 4 days after a long term injury 

Rubbish-Pisano will play if fit... superior to Wright at fullback in every way.

3 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

Rubbish-Pisano will play if fit... superior to Wright at fullback in every way.

I don't think @healeyred would disagree with you - he's just not sure he will be fit.

Pisano does make a huge difference - particularly if Brownhill is RM as it gives him license to come inside. If you watch the extended highlight (up on the official site) look at the first chance and goal and look where Pisano is and where Brownhill ends up. 

Same starting 11, formation and tactics for me.  Take your point about Pissano playing 2 games in 4 days, so I'd swap him for Wright if needed. 

Also I'd swap Diony for engval on the bench if he's fit - or what about Hinds (again if fit). Appreciate I'm going to get the Otib wrath for this but at the moment (in my view) I can't see what Diony offers when he plays apart from the odd glimpse of pace. Unfortunatey for him, I think he's only going to get 15/20 minutes each game which isn't going to help him. I'm sure he's a fantastic lad and skilful player but at the moment he hasn't shown enough to warrant coming on over the other strikers we have.

For all those saying Pisano should play, did you watch LJ’s interview after the game. Pisano hasn’t played a single warm up game and after being out so long needs to be eased back into the side. Those same people would moan at LJ if he played and his hamstring went again. I’d be surprised if he played . Should be on the bench though if Wright’s fit. 

3 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Think it is quite clear Wright will play. I think this means we’ll see Pisano for 20 mins or so to ease him back in a bit more too. 

Unless we got 352 so then Pisano is a starter but playing wing back may be too much for him. 

Wing back would be a huge ask for Pisano.

If Wright is fit following his injection, I expect him to start against his former club.  I prefer Pisano, but if Wright is carrying an injury, but can play through an injection, this us the game to play him.

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Wing back would be a huge ask for Pisano.

If Wright is fit following his injection, I expect him to start against his former club.  I prefer Pisano, but if Wright is carrying an injury, but can play through an injection, this us the game to play him.

Wright will want to play tomorrow, as you say playing Pisano as a RWB would imo be asking too much of him.

Certainly good to have options , with Baker and Wright to come back

Archived