IGNORED

Big week for the Championship

wendyredredrobin

We have Preston tomorrow and Burton on Saturday. 4 points would be great, but 6 fantastic.

Equally, there is a full program of fixtures tomorrow. Notably Fulham v Sheff U tomorrow and Preston v Fulham on Saturday, so these wiill be taking a few points from each other.

The other top teams are playing too, so a couple of good results could see us comfortably back in a playoff spot.

Looking positive for a great week ahead.

8 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

We have Preston tomorrow and Burton on Saturday. 4 points would be great, but 6 fantastic.

Equally, there is a full program of fixtures tomorrow. Notably Fulham v Sheff U tomorrow and Preston v Fulham on Saturday, so these wiill be taking a few points from each other.

The other top teams are playing too, so a couple of good results could see us comfortably back in a playoff spot.

Would take four points right now..and three wouldn't be a disastrous outcome.

Think we will lose at Preston & beat Burton.

A big opportunity to get 6 points, following 3 from Saturday, and that would drastically change the complexion of things.

If we could get our run of 12 massive games up and running early then the pressure shifts a bit to the chasing pack. Sheff U results obviously important too. 

Two tough games but realistically it’s a very good chance to get things back on track. 

I am a little nervous about the upcoming fixtures. I would love to be proved wrong but could see us coming away with a point on Tuesday and little return next Saturday. We never have much luck against Preston and Burton seem to be pretty unpredictable. 

49 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Reckon we'll pump PNE and then put in a ponderous, shitey performance against Burton in proper City fashion.

I’d take that now. 

Preston is a “6 pointer” Burton isn’t. 

If we are to win one and lose one, I’d certainly prefer the win over Preston. 

2 minutes ago, red84 said:

After we were robbed at home to Burton I hope we get something there.

Preston looked good against us so a tough game. Hugill has gone now but Maguire is back fit for them in time for the run in.

Were we robbed? Remember us being useless.

8 minutes ago, red84 said:

After we were robbed at home to Burton I hope we get something there.

Preston looked good against us so a tough game. Hugill has gone now but Maguire is back fit for them in time for the run in.

6 minutes ago, Super said:

Were we robbed? Remember us being useless.

And Preston did not look good against us..! 

Despite their victory, even their own fans were embarrassed by their game plan & tactics here. Although it doesn’t sound like they generally play that way, in fairness. 

6 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

To be fair their forwards didn’t come into our half once all game. The ref however, was useless that night.

Just remember us being unable to break them down. They came for a point and got it.

6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Despite their victory, even their own fans were embarrassed by their game plan & tactics here. Although it doesn’t sound like they generally play that way, in fairness. 

Not sure what you are on about?

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Preston fans, on here. They weren’t impressed with their own team at Ashton Gate this season, so I’m not sure why Red84 would have been. 

Not sure why. They had more shots on goal than us despite us having a lot of possession.

I seem to remember that everyone complained that we didn't beat either Preston or Burton at home because they came and played negatively and looked for a point or a smash and grab win.  We struggled to break them down and they duly took points from us.

Would it be right to assume that in these return legs both of these teams will play more on the front foot, more aggressively, more open?  Especially as both need to win every game they have if they've a hope of the play-offs and survival respectively. 

The general theme all season has been "We play better against more open teams". Therefore, prevailing wisdom presumed, we should be more hopeful of taking points in these next two games?

We were always going to hit a blib with the injuries, cup run, high press game and crap January window. What the baker and pack suspensions dud do was force us to rest them, which might yet benefit us?

with pisano back, oneill available, and also odowda back soon, coinciding with no midweek cup distractions, and the weather getting better, the team ought to be capable of getting what they need from the last run of games and staying in the playoffs.

this of course is based on reid, smith, flint and several others staying clear of injuries and suspensions, otherwise we are stuffed.

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

A win tomorrow would be massive

15 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

We did have a perfectly good goal disallowed though so we were definitley robbed!

Wasn’t that last season? 

Ref was awful against Burton this season. 

We had just beat Cardiff going long to Djuric. Tried again against Preston but Neil mentioned they prepared for us to go long getting their midfielders closer to the defenders to win any loose balls. I worked a treat with their “gamesmanship.” 

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Werent preston in the middle of a horrible run of form and a massive defensive injury crisis (something like 7 defenders out). Probably felt they just needed to get something out of the game however that came about...  It's something i certainly wish we were better at as a club.

7 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Wasn’t that last season? 

We had just beat Cardiff going long to Djuric. Tried again against Preston but Neil mentioned they prepared for us to go long getting their midfielders closer to the defenders to win any loose balls. I worked a treat with their “gamesmanship.” 

No, it was back in October I think. Reid had a perfectly good goal disallowed for a very soft foul..

4 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

No, it was back in October I think. Reid had a perfectly good goal disallowed for a very soft foul..

Remember Wilbs scoring against them on a corner that was not counted. Don’t recall the match this season oddly enough. 

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Wasn’t that last season? 

Yeah def this season - ref was James Linnington I believe who to be fair has been quite good since. 

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Preston fans, on here. They weren’t impressed with their own team at Ashton Gate this season, so I’m not sure why Red84 would have been. 

I was impressed with them especially 1st half. That guy Johnson controlled the game. 

Archived