IGNORED

Pathetic

Curr Avon

2 hours ago, Singingsuperstar said:

Saving a miracle or return of miracle workers - COD, MD etc and the suspended, ld have to agree, too many teams finding their true form in the run in. 

LJ = Tinkerman 2.

If we beat Ipswich next week, then the international break could be kind to us, by hopefully enabling a fit again COD, a refreshed Joe Bryan and LJ's refocused troops when we resume on Good Friday,  March 30th at Barnsley.

22 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Mark Ashton isn’t the scout.

Walsh is battling with Pack and Smith, tough pair to force your way past.

Kent won’t get a pre-season here, he’ll be somewhere else

Diony has disappointed me after the brief promise he showed v QPR.

We were poor again today, no one can disagree with that.  Johnson needs to find the reason.  Whatever he said after PNE, we weren’t great there either.  Home form is ok, away from home we’ve become a soft touch again.

Thank god there’s a voice of sense, insight and reason among all the over reactions. 

This thread is brilliant. 

You can just tell the ones who have been waiting all year for it to go wrong. 

Suddenly, Johnson & Ashton are no good, but they were being hailed earlier in the year. 

I fully respect the way we have gone about our business. Lansdown is trying to make this club sustainable. What Wolves are doing, won't be sustainable. Even though they will benefit short term gain. 

Championship is our level at the moment. We've got a good squad, not a great squad. 7th-12th is probably us right now. 

Maybe next year or the year after we might push on. However, I love that we are adamant on producing and evolving young  talent, rather then diving deadwood like Cameron Jerome for millions. 

Ofcourse it's frustrating, when we've been up there all year. But take all the good memories, and believe in what the club are doing. 

It's an absokute joke how fans are slamming Johnson. We're 7th (3 points off the play offs), despite having a ridiculous amount of injuries this year.

Before you comment, look at where we have been the last 2 years (fighting relegation), and now look at us now. Fighting for the play offs. I dare someone to say that this club is not moving in the right direction! 

I entered every last piece of data from this season and last into a specially-written analytical program, pressed 'enter' on my Sinclair ZX Spectrum, then waited 4 hours for the Hewlett Packard plotter to draw the conclusion.

The answer: Christmas. If we do away with it, our early season form will continue ad infinitum and we'll be winning trophies by the shed load. 

Now over to Cynthia with the weather and travel news...

1 hour ago, RedNight said:

This thread is brilliant. 

You can just tell the ones who have been waiting all year for it to go wrong. 

Suddenly, Johnson & Ashton are no good, but they were being hailed earlier in the year. 

I fully respect the way we have gone about our business. Lansdown is trying to make this club sustainable. What Wolves are doing, won't be sustainable. Even though they will benefit short term gain. 

Championship is our level at the moment. We've got a good squad, not a great squad. 7th-12th is probably us right now. 

Maybe next year or the year after we might push on. However, I love that we are adamant on producing and evolving young  talent, rather then diving deadwood like Cameron Jerome for millions. 

Ofcourse it's frustrating, when we've been up there all year. But take all the good memories, and believe in what the club are doing. 

It's an absokute joke how fans are slamming Johnson. We're 7th (3 points off the play offs), despite having a ridiculous amount of injuries this year.

Before you comment, look at where we have been the last 2 years (fighting relegation), and now look at us now. Fighting for the play offs. I dare someone to say that this club is not moving in the right direction! 

I'd hardly call it "fighting" for the play offs, would you.

More like stumbling out of them. Perhaps too many of the squad have holidays booked straight after the Sheff U game.

2 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

If we beat Ipswich next week, then the international break could be kind to us, by hopefully enabling a fit again COD, a refreshed Joe Bryan and LJ's refocused troops when we resume on Good Friday,  March 30th at Barnsley.

Isn't that what the Dubai trip was meant for?

15 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

@Curr Avon You've just turnt 50, and just turnt into a Grumpy old man. Good lad! Keep spitting feathers....

Thanks JD. I'm just staggered that a team that sat proudly in second place, following the Reading win on match day 24 has faded away.

Its taken ten long years to earn the opportunity of a Championship play off, but unless there's a dramatic change in form in the remaining games, this season will end in disappointment.

None of the three January signings have experience of a promotion campaign at this level, or played in the Premier League and it's that quality we're missing.

4 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Thanks JD. I'm just staggered that a team that sat proudly in second place, following the Reading win on match day 24 has faded away.

Its taken ten long years to earn the opportunity of a Championship play off, but unless there's a dramatic change in form in the remaining games, this season will end in disappointment.

None of the three January signings have experience of a promotion campaign at this level, or played in the Premier League and it's that quality we're missing.

They're "spent," mate. The effort was there yesterday, the huffing and puffing, they were trying; but the other stuff - the accuracy, the precision, the creativity, the inspiration, the je ne sais quoi (as le lad Diony would call it),  the magic - is gone. 

And I think it's gone for the season. But I remain hopeful that it will be back - quite probably as well as the annual LJ dip/slump/freefall - next season. I still see enough from the club as a whole to retain hope for next season.

I'd like to see us finish in the top two in this league, one year, not scrabbling around in the play-offs.

On 3/10/2018 at 17:42, Curr Avon said:

Ashton is a perfectly polished penguin who has failed us. Lee has small group of quality players, the rest are pants. 

I think there's something in what you say but Rome wasn't built in a day so it might take another window or two - and at least that gives Vyner, Kelly, Elliasson, McCoulsky, Hinds and so on the time they need to get up to speed. The January window demonstrated the club are interested in evolution not revolution (whether we like it or not). 

On 3/10/2018 at 17:47, Jacki said:

Were you saying this when we were flying earlier in the season? And who are quality and who are pants in your view? 

I don’t think we’re far off being a good side at this level. Injuries, fatigue, and lack of depth are what’s cost us imo. 

I agree with your last 2 sentences, esp the highlighted bit. 

On 3/10/2018 at 18:22, Dingbat said:

At this level, I think the things that we are not good at (seeing games out, the dark arts, etc) take you a lot further than the things that we are good at (pretty one-touch football, in patches). Our pressing game looked great at times, but we can’t sustain it over 90 mins and I think teams worked that out long ago. 

Good point. It's why the likes of Warnock and Bruce have won so many promotions from this league. Johnson needs to temper his idealism and be a bit more pragmatic. He will be given the time to learn, that's for sure. 

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I thought LJ said “judge me after three windows”? Or something like that? How many more windows does he need?!

You're right, he did. Maths clearly not his strong point :thumbsup:

Perhaps he meant he would need 3 windows to get his team, rather than Steve Cotterell's, out on the pitch rather than 3 windows to get us promoted?? I dunno, mate :dunno:

16 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

They're "spent," mate. The effort was there yesterday, the huffing and puffing, they were trying; but the other stuff - the accuracy, the precision, the creativity, the inspiration, the je ne sais quoi (as le lad Diony would call it),  the magic - is gone. 

And I think it's gone for the season. But I remain hopeful that it will be back - quite probably as well as the annual LJ dip/slump/freefall - next season. I still see enough from the club as a whole to retain hope for next season.

I'd like to see us finish in the top two in this league, one year, not scrabbling around in the play-offs.

Fair point, well made. But we'll need some more experienced heads who've been there and done it, to steady the ship if we're faced with the same challenge next season. I just wish that Mr Ashton hadn't said we're not chasing promotion this season because it's easy to misinterpret as showing a lack of ambition.

In retrospect if the plan is evolution then why sign the likes of Liam Walsh and Ryan Kent during the January window? Raw youngsters need to time to build form - in Kent's case to reignite it - and now is not the time. As for Diony, he hasn't shown anything yet to suggest he will improve the team. Wasn't that the point of recruiting him? Some posters have said that he needs 10 games before they can pass judgement, but City don't have that luxury with priceless points to play for. Lets hope that he rediscovers some confidence this Saturday for an inevitable substitute cameo, or is able to find the help he so desperately needs during the international break.

On 3/10/2018 at 20:41, tinman85 said:

Has he? I don't see it. No better than anyone else would have.  We still go through the same poor losses of form. I would say almost on a par with last season. Some of our performance during that losing run were better than now. 

we were relegation fodder now we are challenging for a play-off space you plum

Archived