IGNORED

Pathetic

Curr Avon

First of all I'm not disagreeing the January window was poor for us, however could it not also be argued that our good work in the summer window helped put us in the position we were in? Gets the blame for the January window but should still get the credit for the summer window. Also does Ashton really have a say on targets? He gets given a list of targets and works on acquiring them.

3 minutes ago, windmillhillred said:

But he hasn't treaded water has he? He has hugely improved us.

Has he? I don't see it. No better than anyone else would have.  We still go through the same poor losses of form. I would say almost on a par with last season. Some of our performance during that losing run were better than now. 

2 hours ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

I’m not saying they are not responsible, I’m just saying every loan or transfer is a gamble and my point with sanchez is that the biggest manager from the biggest club have brought one of the best players from the same league paying him the biggest wage and at the mo he looks awful.    It takes time to settle even for a player that is used to the prem  so with Diony it will take time to see if he is any good.  They will know that by how is in training.   YOU won’t be able to tell by watching him for twenty minutes here and there 

So why being such a player in at the very end of the window when we needed someone who could cut the mustard from the start of the window? If that was a normal business heads would roll and shareholders would be asking questions

• Admin
19 minutes ago, cheshire_red said:

So why being such a player in at the very end of the window when we needed someone who could cut the mustard from the start of the window? If that was a normal business heads would roll and shareholders would be asking questions

If I employed someone who couldn’t do the job in their probationary period, I could get rid, if they still couldn’t do after I’d signed off their probation, I’d be being asked questions of my own position......  I’m afraid football has no connection with the real world!

17 minutes ago, cheshire_red said:

Any player is a gamble. Like I’ve been saying Mourinho brought in Sanchez and so far he has been a boat yet he is supposed to be one of the best strikers in Europe 

when you make a signing or a loan  you never know if they will fit in straight away or if it will take time  

it’s real life not some bloody computer game

1 hour ago, tinman85 said:

Has he? I don't see it. No better than anyone else would have.  We still go through the same poor losses of form. I would say almost on a par with last season. Some of our performance during that losing run were better than now. 

You don't think this year is better than last year? This isn't a matter of opinions. The evidence shows you are wrong.

11 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Mmm with 9 games left we are 4 points better off than we were last season I don't call that treading water. I am not a Johnson fan but we are going in the right direction, the table never lies 

1 hour ago, tinman85 said:

I appreciate the compliment, but honestly think you’re giving me too much credit.

Perhaps you’ve been sucked in by all the spillages I make post-matches.

1 hour ago, Singingsuperstar said:

Totally agree, he seems clueless this year

24 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

Clueless this year :facepalm:. Wow just go and watch the gas for a season

16 minutes ago, windmillhillred said:

You don't think this year is better than last year? This isn't a matter of opinions. The evidence shows you are wrong.

I obviously don’t know for sure, but perhaps by ‘this year’ @Singingsuperstar meant 2018? Whereas your replies are talking about ‘this year’ meaning ‘this season’? 

A season is never a year...it’s nine months and it spans two calendar years (five months of one and just over four months of another) but a lot of pundits, fans and players talk about ‘this year’ when they mean ‘this season’ ....as I said, I dunno if that’s what @Singingsuperstar meant but if he meant 2018, then ‘this year’ has not been good at all, and today was just dire...

21 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

If I employed someone who couldn’t do the job in their probationary period, I could get rid, if they still couldn’t do after I’d signed off their probation, I’d be being asked questions of my own position......  I’m afraid football has no connection with the real world!

Christ!!! footballers don't know how lucky they are. I didn't know when you got a job today you got probation as well, what comes after that Borstal!!!!:blink:

11 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I obviously don’t know for sure, but perhaps by ‘this year’ @Singingsuperstar meant 2018? Whereas your replies are talking about ‘this year’ meaning ‘this season’? 

A season is never a year...it’s nine months and it spans two calendar years (five months of one and just over four months of another) but a lot of pundits, fans and players talk about ‘this year’ when they mean ‘this season’ ....as I said, I dunno if that’s what @Singingsuperstar meant but if he meant 2018, then ‘this year’ has not been good at all, and today was just dire...

Thanks BS4 for actually reading what l wrote not twisting it - amazed by the lack of maturity and common sense of others.  Course l mean 2018, since when has a year been equal to a season. As for the comment about watching the gas l assume the poster speaks from experience. 

10 minutes ago, Singingsuperstar said:

Thanks BS4 for actually reading what l wrote not twisting it - amazed by the lack of maturity and common sense of others.  Course l mean 2018, since when has a year been equal to a season. As for the comment about watching the gas l assume the poster speaks from experience. 

End of the day our slump isn't good enough and Johnson is responsible. Those who are Gas are most likely the ones content with midtable. No ambition like the Gas 

37 minutes ago, windmillhillred said:

7th in the championship. Cup semi-final. Completely transformed the fortunes of a bit part player through a move most people (me included) thought was mental. Don't think Johnson's the one who's clueless...

The only thing I'd say to that, is he is now moving Reid - the top scorer in the league this morning - back into midfield where he was pretty average, and frequently not good enough. And didn't score goals.

The top scorer in the division, moved into a deeper position, away from the goal. 

And if that wasn't baffling enough, Reid is replaced by a bloke who hasn't scored a goal all season and looks utterly devoid of confidence.

Could Pochettino be missing a trick here? Move Kane into midfield, when you need a goal. I don't know....

53 minutes ago, Swede said:

We are not mentally tough enough to cope with teams like Burton.

This is the reason why I think we'll finish 8th or 9th this season which, in my view represents a good season. 

A good season if we started poorly and finished 8th or 9th i will give you, but to have been 2nd not so long ago and to finish outside the play offs even represents a disaster. 

We are a club on the down not a club on the up like Fullham.

46 minutes ago, windmillhillred said:

7th in the championship. Cup semi-final. Completely transformed the fortunes of a bit part player through a move most people (me included) thought was mental. Don't think Johnson's the one who's clueless...

If you think 2018 (the year) is going well and is better than 2017 fair play l will have a pint of whatever you and "whale eye beef hooked" are smoking. 

Archived