IGNORED

Basso

Tunley Legend

Basso has many critics on this forum. I'm not sure what happened with their goal as I was unsighted by the wall but that save from Maynard first half was real top drawer - Maynard did everything right by hitting it hard and low and the shot would have went in right by the post but Basso got down superbly to palm it away - a Premiership standard save from someone who was not good enough to play on the Downs according to some after the Bradford game.

Bas certainly has improved greatly. As I've said elsewhere before, Cheltenham was a massive turning point for him and he is continuing to put in good performances as well as being a big influence in the dressing room. However, I still feel he is a reserve keeping filling in and I'd like to see Weale in the side when fit.

Bas certainly has improved greatly. As I've said elsewhere before, Cheltenham was a massive turning point for him and he is continuing to put in good performances as well as being a big influence in the dressing room. However, I still feel he is a reserve keeping filling in and I'd like to see Weale in the side when fit.

You might well be right in the long term. He would certainly not be the worst understudy in this league by a long stretch. But when you see the save he pulled off from Maynard it then doesn't surprise you as much that Arsenal "had a look" at him. He is certainly better than Downs League standard though!!!

Shame he made that mistake today. His form recently has been excellent after such a shakey start to the season. Hope he keeps his place when wheale is fit as he will need to be playing very well to keep weale out of the team.

I think Basso was unlucky - the ball took a bobble just before it reached him and that explains the spill.He did well to keep the original shot out.Shame he coldn't hng onto it.

At least it never cost City any points.

Guest Cider Army

He can pull off fantastic saves except he is still nervy as he proved today. One mistake like that can be the difference between promotion and staying in this league. I look forward to Wheale however Basso is still a great keeper.

Thought Basso was definitely at fault for their goal, not only with the initial spill. For the second attempt he should've been on the floor covering the low shot. Watch it again and it looks like he dives over the ball, and I think he should be a bit disappointed with it to be honest.

Thought Basso was definitely at fault for their goal, not only with the initial spill. For the second attempt he should've been on the floor covering the low shot. Watch it again and it looks like he dives over the ball, and I think he should be a bit disappointed with it to be honest.

I just seen it again and it was awful keeping - 1 mistake a game Basso, Yesterday he got away with it.

I just seen it again and it was awful keeping - 1 mistake a game Basso, Yesterday he got away with it.

I always thought that Football was a team game, which means that everyone plays together, So the question I would ask is where was the defence when Basso was making this drastic mistake.

From Where I sat in the Williams I felt that for Basso to get to the ball and actually parry it was a feat in its own right, had Ashley Cole been playing for BCFC the ball would have been cleared, so again where was the rest of our defence at the time the shot came in.

I feel that you should get of his back and except how many times he has actually saved the game for us this season, and I don't care what anyone says Weale will have to fight hard for his place as first choice keeper.

I always thought that Football was a team game, which means that everyone plays together, So the question I would ask is where was the defence when Basso was making this drastic mistake.

From Where I sat in the Williams I felt that for Basso to get to the ball and actually parry it was a feat in its own right, had Ashley Cole been playing for BCFC the ball would have been cleared, so again where was the rest of our defence at the time the shot came in.

I feel that you should get of his back and except how many times he has actually saved the game for us this season, and I don't care what anyone says Weale will have to fight hard for his place as first choice keeper.

I wont get off back when he makes schoolboy errors like that. I don't see how you can defend him to be honest as it was a routine save, to make it worse as another poster has mentioned he then dived over the ball when he probably should have saved it for the goal so you could actually say hes made 2 errors.

I will not blame the defence for this as it was an individual error. If you think weale has a fight on his hands for the number 1 spot then your wrong - Weale will walk in to that team when hes fit and for me it cant come quick enough.

I wont get off back when he makes schoolboy errors like that. I don't see how you can defend him to be honest as it was a routine save, to make it worse as another poster has mentioned he then dived over the ball when he probably should have saved it for the goal so you could actually say hes made 2 errors.

I will not blame the defence for this as it was an individual error. If you think weale has a fight on his hands for the number 1 spot then your wrong - Weale will walk in to that team when hes fit and for me it cant come quick enough.

11 men 5 subs make it a team game the wall have some blame in the goal the rest of the players did not back them up yet you blame the keeper ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

chill man

:city:

• Admin

Had Ashley Cole been playing for BCFC we'd have flogged him by now :razz:

Even with "good for this level" defenders, they are still 3rd division defenders and at times will be caught napping.

Hopefully thoughts of this incident will help keep them "awake" for the forthcoming games.

11 men 5 subs make it a team game the wall have some blame in the goal the rest of the players did not back them up yet you blame the keeper ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

chill man

:city:

WHO ORGANISES THE WALL??

Dear Stevie P, you now play for the gas please stay off our Forum! :razz:

thing is ,when goal keeprs make amistake it can result in a goal 9 times of of ten..if a out field make a mistake its normally around 2 time out of aten a goal.....goal keepers always seem to get the rought end......any other player make a mistake and it forgot about...

So it's Basso's fault that their player was first to the rebound?!!

Archived