IGNORED

Tony Pulis

stokefanman

Basically mate the guy is an a**hole and a very arrogant,nasty individual.

He also happens to be a gashead and when he was here did one of the most unimaginable things when he signed Peter Beadle,the man whose goal celebrations in 1996 sparked a riot at Ashton Gate.

He was in charge for 6 months and we were awful,I used to come out of the ground with a bad neck through having to look at the sky all the time to see the ball.

He never was interested in managing us and soon as Portsmouth came knocking he left(which was the best bit of management he did in his time here).

Finally he proved us all right after the match earlier this season when he stated how proud he was to bring a team in blue to Bristol City.

Put it this way mate,how would you feel if John Rudge or Martin Foyle were to manage you lot,on that point I rest my case

what did he do towards you lot to make you hate him.
After our game against your lot he admitted that he did his god damn best to ruin us just to his connections with the blue side.

what did he do towards you lot to make you hate him.

Well for me -

1. He played dire dire boring football. This is what he reknowned for and I know for a fact a large portion of Stoke fans still don't like him.

2. He filled his staff with all ex-gas players who cared not a jot for this club. Lyndsey Parsons was assistant manager, last year he was in the Sandringham pub in Downend and would only refer to us as "that bunch over the river" - that'll be the club you worked for would it??

3. He never cared for our club. Just ispent money on rubbish journeymen and it was bad times to watch the club.

4. Since then has claimed he never could put his heart into our club because he is a Rovers man. Well ###### off and don't come back then.

Quite simply the bloke is a #### and just comes out with bollox on a regular basis.

I've stopped paying attention to what he says and am just glad he's not here.

1. Recruited injury prone aging crocks who were awful players for far too much money on 3+ year contracts crippling this club.

2. Sold Akinbiyi and then tried to claim money off Gillingham - conflict of interests much?

3. Lied frequently.

4. Played the worst football I have ever had the misfortune to watch.

5. Stayed at the club 6 months too long and in that time did more damage than any other manager ever.

If he was drowning I'd throw him a brick.

well were top your 3rd, we scored more goals than you so not exactly boring is it?

sour grapes

You almost certainly will have to beat us to go up, could even have to beat us twice; aint going to happen :city: :goingup:

Guest Garfunkle
well were top your 3rd, we scored more goals than you so not exactly boring is it?

sour grapes

you have scored more fair enough. pulis' teams do score a lot of goals but its how they score them.

when he joined all he kept saying when posed with the long ball question was "at gillingham we scored x amount, a long ball team don't do that".

anyway it soon became apparent thats all we were going to do.

hence your game against southampton last week, three goals all from set pieces.

not saying it isnt effective, just not pretty to watch

Worst Manager possibly in our history.

played the most drab boring football, endless 0-0's week after week. Signed complete and utter rubbish most of who retired due to injury within the contracts they first signed, he assistant manager used to regularly be seen in wearing a Bristol Rovers cap, depsite being employed by Bristol City.

When the interest came in from Portsmouth to have him as their manager, the then chairman publically stated that if Portsmouth wanted him, he would drive Pulis there himself.

The only good thing I can say about Pulis is that he left the club QUICKLY

To think back then aswell Peter Taylor wanted to come and manage us and look what we ended up with.

One was a geniune,likeable football man with great knowledge of the game and one that would've produce youngsters at a fantastic rate.

The other was a W****r who through our money up the wall by signing people like Gerard Lavin,Paul Mortimer,Peter Beadle and countless other wasters.

Trust me this guy is poison and sooner or later this purple patch he's having will fade away and you will be calling for his head.

What does make me laugh is Stoke fans didn't want him back as much as Plymouth fans wanted him out

Guest MaloneFM
Nothing :D

Great bloke.

Herr Doktor? Roger Malone, voice of sport, MaloneFM, can you tell us when Clueless junior is likely to once again fancy his basketball skills in the penalty area?

Is he a possible assistant to Flappy once Dollop the talking mule leaves for a better pitch field?

sour grapes

No we hated him just as much when you were not above us, your such a mug, Pulis has taken how long to get your team into some kinda shape and your football is UGLY! Personally I think it's luck on his part more than any kinda skill.

I remember when I was at Brentford and we was singing about him doing one to pompy :) it was the best pressy I have ever had.

But when he left he tried to screw us over as did his ex-chairman and he left us with a bunch of crap signings on long term contracts.

Did I say you play UGLY football?

To think back then aswell Peter Taylor wanted to come and manage us and look what we ended up with.

One was a geniune,likeable football man with great knowledge of the game and one that would've produce youngsters at a fantastic rate.

The other was a W****r who through our money up the wall by signing people like Gerard Lavin,Paul Mortimer,Peter Beadle and countless other wasters.

Trust me this guy is poison and sooner or later this purple patch he's having will fade away and you will be calling for his head.

What does make me laugh is Stoke fans didn't want him back as much as Plymouth fans wanted him out

Why are people citing Beadle as a bad signing? I thought he put 100% effort in and was a decent player during his time with us!?

Why are people citing Beadle as a bad signing? I thought he put 100% effort in and was a decent player during his time with us!?
Especially the assist and goal he scored after coming on as a sub against Rovers in our 3-2 victory.

£200k for 14 goals and barely 50 starts in 4 years. An aging, useless crock - typical of the sort of player Pulis signed during his time here.

I suspect there was a brown envelope that would clearly explain the reason for most such signings.

Archived