IGNORED

Tony Pulis

stokefanman

£200k for 14 goals and barely 50 starts in 4 years. An aging, useless crock - typical of the sort of player Pulis signed during his time here.

I suspect there was a brown envelope that would clearly explain the reason for most such signings.

Did you actually watch the games he played or were you too blinkered by his links to Rovers? He contributed far more than just goals, was a good target man and brought others into play well with his link up play. You are being a bit harsh i reckon

Did you actually watch the games he played or were you too blinkered by his links to Rovers? He contributed far more than just goals, was a good target man and brought others into play well with his link up play. You are being a bit harsh i reckon

Come on Beadle was pretty much a joke when playing for us.

Yes, I did. He played OK in some games. My quarrel is not with his performance on the rare occasions he was fit, it is with the fact that in four years he averaged a dozen starts per season.

That's a shit signing by any measure.

well were top your 3rd, we scored more goals than you so not exactly boring is it?

sour grapes

Us hating pulis has nothing to with stoke or the fact your top.

it's becuase

a) he's ex gas

b) worst manager in our history

c) he's welsh

d) (most importantly) he's a c u next tuesday.

no sour grapes here because we hated him before you went top and also you might be top now, but that might not last long.

I'd rather be top after 46 games than 33.

pulis destroyed our club and it has taken us years to get over it.

never gave youth a chance and tried the long ball tactis .

made our team play boring football and had too many of

pulis signings just ther to pick up the money.

you can have him. waste of space.

Didnt he leave Gills because he was s****ing the Chairmans wife?

Just more info to add to his impressive character

Didnt he leave Gills because he was s****ing the Chairmans wife?

Just more info to add to his impressive character

£200k for 14 goals and barely 50 starts in 4 years. An aging, useless crock - typical of the sort of player Pulis signed during his time here.

I suspect there was a brown envelope that would clearly explain the reason for most such signings.

He was one of the lesser evils that Pulis performed.

Steve Jones @ £500K and I have a bad gut.

Tony Mortimer @ 107 years of age.

Peter Beadle did and OK! job not worth the money we paid.

I cant remember the others but they were all bad in one way or another.

How many other crimes against football did Pulis sign?

How about

Paul (who ate all the pies) Holland

Billy (unlucky with injuries) Mercer

And i maybe mistaken but did'nt Pompey sack him due to crap results ?? i'm sure he took them to court over this but they gave him 400k just to get rid of him !!!

The blokes a complete t00ser who bores everybody to death with negative football

Beadle picked up big money in three and a half seasons with us and his respective league goal returns were:

6, 4, 0 and 4, to me he was painfully slow and pretty poor in the air, you honestly think that fat, overpaid gashead was a good signing, then?

Pulis made only one reasonable signing as a player, namely our current assistant manager, who was a decent short term signing at centre back.

He signed god awful players, one of the stand out ones being Steve Jones who's record for us was a hugely prolific 7 in 37. Was a pretty rare site to see him score. He only ever got into double digits for one team and that was over over the course of two years for Bournemouth three years before he signed for us at the great age of 29. I guess it didn't help that Pulis' tactics were boring and dull. Generally, Pulis was just a bag of shite and that's why... not because of any other reason, we didn't hate him because he likes Bristol Rovers or any other reason just that he was a sh!t manager and a bit of a t0ss3r.

Hey

Well played on your season so far. Would love us and you too go up personally. Let me give you a more unbiased account of Pulis unlike that idiotic Stokie at the start of the thread (We have a few) I admit the things he has done for you i would never forgive him tbh and i wouldn't blame you.

Here is what he has has done at Stoke. You will see ALOT of de jave at the start and it will be like the x files at the end when you see what i write :D

Season 1

We were heading for relegation. Burley had just rejected us. Pulis was second choice, he came in and we didn't care about history we just wanted to stay up. The football was bad but we were picking up results. The last day survivel was mental.

Season 2

This was very mixed. He of course signed many donkeys - Akinbye Asaba GNW etc etc and pushed young kids out. the football was getting crapper every week and even though we never let any in we couldn't score tbh. However we did finish mid-table in a HARD league so it was not all bad. However this was also the season we started seeing him getting liek a child with our Icelandic board. His interviews were boring and repetitive and he was stubborn as ###### BUT he had done his job

Season 3

This is when i felt like you all do. This was the worst season i have ever witnessed even though we finished 12th, were top for 3 games and neaerly got in the play offs. Pulis used the season to get at our board. He played 0-0 draws on purpose to turn players and fans against the board. Argued about money. Pissed of the fans with interviews and players signed. The iclandic board went behind his back and signed 2 GOOD players from Iceland but he reused to play them. It was the WORST football i have ever seen in my life. He was making deals with board members against the Icelandics and turning away good young players. He played strikers on the wing and everyone out of position. On boxing day we had a 0-0 at home and 12,000 people left with 20 mins to go because they were that bored and pissed off. I hated him and so did 90% of stoke fans.

He of course got sacked at the end of this year and i thought now the good times would begin.

BUT

A year later we were saved by Coates bailing us out after the Icelander's left. However he had made a deal to bring back pulis and we thought puli + mony don't mix. NONE of us wanted him back after the dross we had saw last time and the state he left our club in (11 players!)

Season 4

The worst start to a season i have ever witnessed. Something like 8 draws 2 losses 1 win :/. He promised that the football would change and he addmited his 3rd season he played the club agaisnt the icelandics. At this point and fan that gave him a fresh chance were against him. In november we had 10,000 red cards to get him out

Then came the board meeting when he was told sort the **** out. In came those wonder loan signings and we sialed to the top playing some fast attacking football. However his lack of tactics costed us towards the end of the season and i wanted him out.

Season 5 (this season)

When he got rid of most of our players and our best footballing player because he was a forigner and was a former managers player i feared for the worst. we had THE worst footballing side in the devision. But for soem reason his HOOFball worked and we had a good side. Then of course his loan signings came into their own and we started winning. Pulis suddenly was transformed. No more boring interviews. Hoof ball was ending. Signings were coming. We were winning by many goals

January was the key. We had 5 million and he actully used it. I am actully speechless at the moment with the transformation in him.

the last few weeks we have played like newcastle under Kevin Keegen. We have not kept a clean sheet in 13 matches and scored something like 20 goals. Every game is 3-2, 3-1, 4-2 etc

He has suddenly started to let the players play. We don't and can't defend.

I did hate him and still a little do. However i must give him where credits due. He has changed left all his principles and plays a totally different game. He even MEETS fans FFS

Alot to read there but i just wanted to show you city fans that we also had to endure eveyrhting you did for alot longer. So don't start abusing when idiot fans come on saying he is the bee's knee's. BUT i must say this season he has changed and i refuse to call him pulis. Body stolen :rofl2br: who knows? but the main thing is that he deserves the support right now if he brings promotion so don't get too carried away if you see stokies chanting his name. He is a **** but is slowly turning. Shame he never was like it for you.

Good luck for the rest of the season anyway <3

Hey

Well played on your season so far. Would love us and you too go up personally. Let me give you a more unbiased account of Pulis unlike that idiotic Stokie at the start of the thread (We have a few) I admit the things he has done for you i would never forgive him tbh and i wouldn't blame you.

Here is what he has has done at Stoke. You will see ALOT of de jave at the start and it will be like the x files at the end when you see what i write :D

Season 1

We were heading for relegation. Burley had just rejected us. Pulis was second choice, he came in and we didn't care about history we just wanted to stay up. The football was bad but we were picking up results. The last day survivel was mental.

Season 2

This was very mixed. He of course signed many donkeys - Akinbye Asaba GNW etc etc and pushed young kids out. the football was getting crapper every week and even though we never let any in we couldn't score tbh. However we did finish mid-table in a HARD league so it was not all bad. However this was also the season we started seeing him getting liek a child with our Icelandic board. His interviews were boring and repetitive and he was stubborn as ###### BUT he had done his job

Season 3

This is when i felt like you all do. This was the worst season i have ever witnessed even though we finished 12th, were top for 3 games and neaerly got in the play offs. Pulis used the season to get at our board. He played 0-0 draws on purpose to turn players and fans against the board. Argued about money. Pissed of the fans with interviews and players signed. The iclandic board went behind his back and signed 2 GOOD players from Iceland but he reused to play them. It was the WORST football i have ever seen in my life. He was making deals with board members against the Icelandics and turning away good young players. He played strikers on the wing and everyone out of position. On boxing day we had a 0-0 at home and 12,000 people left with 20 mins to go because they were that bored and pissed off. I hated him and so did 90% of stoke fans.

He of course got sacked at the end of this year and i thought now the good times would begin.

BUT

A year later we were saved by Coates bailing us out after the Icelander's left. However he had made a deal to bring back pulis and we thought puli + mony don't mix. NONE of us wanted him back after the dross we had saw last time and the state he left our club in (11 players!)

Season 4

The worst start to a season i have ever witnessed. Something like 8 draws 2 losses 1 win :/. He promised that the football would change and he addmited his 3rd season he played the club agaisnt the icelandics. At this point and fan that gave him a fresh chance were against him. In november we had 10,000 red cards to get him out

Then came the board meeting when he was told sort the **** out. In came those wonder loan signings and we sialed to the top playing some fast attacking football. However his lack of tactics costed us towards the end of the season and i wanted him out.

Season 5 (this season)

When he got rid of most of our players and our best footballing player because he was a forigner and was a former managers player i feared for the worst. we had THE worst footballing side in the devision. But for soem reason his HOOFball worked and we had a good side. Then of course his loan signings came into their own and we started winning. Pulis suddenly was transformed. No more boring interviews. Hoof ball was ending. Signings were coming. We were winning by many goals

January was the key. We had 5 million and he actully used it. I am actully speechless at the moment with the transformation in him.

the last few weeks we have played like newcastle under Kevin Keegen. We have not kept a clean sheet in 13 matches and scored something like 20 goals. Every game is 3-2, 3-1, 4-2 etc

He has suddenly started to let the players play. We don't and can't defend.

I did hate him and still a little do. However i must give him where credits due. He has changed left all his principles and plays a totally different game. He even MEETS fans FFS

Alot to read there but i just wanted to show you city fans that we also had to endure eveyrhting you did for alot longer. So don't start abusing when idiot fans come on saying he is the bee's knee's. BUT i must say this season he has changed and i refuse to call him pulis. Body stolen :rofl2br: who knows? but the main thing is that he deserves the support right now if he brings promotion so don't get too carried away if you see stokies chanting his name. He is a **** but is slowly turning. Shame he never was like it for you.

Good luck for the rest of the season anyway <3

Cheers for that.

Many City fans have only just started getting over the Pulis reign, some still can't even say his name for fear of going back into a coma after the drivle he served up here, for me I only have one fond memory of Pulis, that was picking up the local paper which announced he had gone to Portsmouth.

He was an utter w....... a f....... t....pot and a evil ....... My god, I hate that f...... t....ser I wouldn't p... on him if he was on fire, ghastly s..... bag.

C...

He had bad points to him aswell which I wont mention.

If you don't want to know, don't ask.

Hideous avatar by the way.

hi there. genuine Stoke Fan here. I have to say I agree with a lot of the comments on here regarding Pulis. When he returned to Stoke I feared the worst. However, I have to say he has proved us wrong. Yes, he is a manager who buils his team around a solid defence but the football we have being playing shows that he has confidence at an all time high here and a group of lads who play well as a unit.

How any team can say we only play long ball stuff I do not know. We have a right winger, Liam Lawrence, who has scored 12 goals, our defenders have 16 between them (granted from set pieces) and in Ricardo Fuller we have someone who is not afraid to run at defences.

Now I'll let you into a small secret here. Stoke are my team, always are, always have been (11 years of not missing a match home or away does that to you!!) But I do always look out for Bristol City's results on account that my dad was born in St Annes and stood on the terraces at Ashton Gate as a child!

I really hope and pray that Stoke and Bristol go up this year as I think West Brom and Watford are who the media are banking on. West Brom were awful when we played them the other week, watford are hit and miss.

I believe that the game at the Britannia in April will be the biggest six pointer of the season and I expect it to be moved to either 5.15 or sunday for sky when they realise this to be the case.

It only remains for me to wish you luck for the rest of the season and hopefully see you in the premiership!!

Archived