IGNORED

Mancienne, Campbell, Sturridge

Dolman_Stand

We're not adverse to the loan system. We tried to get Frazier Campbell last season and Sir Alex Ferguson agreed to it, but the lad rejected it. He wanted to stay in the north and joined Hull.

"We tried to get Michael Mancienne and had him in a hotel in Bristol. But then John Terry and Alex got injured and big Scolari called him back before he could sign the following morning.

"We've got a link up with Arsenal most recently. We also had a link up with Chelsea, but with Brendan Rodgers joining Watford I think they will become Chelsea's reserve team in the Championship.

"Good loan players are few and far between. We do look for them but we mustn't lose faith with the lads already here."

Chairman Steve Lansdown added that they tried to sign Manchester City's Daniel Sturridge, who is now in the Citizens' first team.

gutted, would have loved any of those here

Why did Johnson deny we were after the Chelsea lad few weeks ago? Nothing to lose after the deal fell through.

I doubt we are in for the Carling cup team. If he does let them go, which he has said he wont as long as they remain in the cup, they will go to Prem sides or to the bigger teams in the league, or even aboard.

Johnson as a manager does not have the 'Pulling Power' to bring 'Big' players young, old, or loan.

We always talk about players being 'to big' for the club, I am starting to think its the manager.

Probably best you don't do too much thinking then

Johnson as a manager does not have the 'Pulling Power' to bring 'Big' players young, old, or loan.

We always talk about players being 'to big' for the club, I am starting to think its the manager.

What are you talking about?

Mancienne was in Bristol ready to sign for City the next morning but was recalled urgently when Terry and Alex got injured.

Mancienne was an England U'21 player at the time and was named in the last full England squad.

He was ready and willing to sign for BCFC and Gary Johnson.

Is that calibre of player 'Big' enough for you?

Judging by his comments on the Man U and Chelsea players we were after seems like he's made a good impression on Sir Alex and Big Phil

Judging by his comments on the Man U and Chelsea players we were after seems like he's made a good impression on Sir Alex and Big Phil

Big Phil's out the window now, young Chelsea players will follow Rodgers to Watford.

More interestingly, GJ said Arsene Wenger likes the way City do things and they could well loan us some players in the future.

More interestingly, GJ said Arsene Wenger likes the way City do things and they could well loan us some players in the future.

That would be great. To encourage them, I personally wouldn't mind us wearing the Arsenal-style kit as worn by John Atyeo in the Statue logo above. We wore that kit in 1954/55 and it was the last time we won a league title. It would be a good omen, and might also have the same psychological advantage that Don Revie employed when he changed Leeds United's kit to all white to make the players feel like Real Madrid.

• Admin

Would be interested to see one of these "links" actually come to fruition though.

I'm a bit puzzled by the Frazier Campbell explanation, I thought before we were told that it was Fergie who said Campbell was not available to go out on loan then he appeared at Hull to "our surprise" - where as last night it came across that it was the player who did not want to move south ?!?!

(Sure it is written somewhere but don't have the patience to trawl through for it)

What are you talking about?

Mancienne was in Bristol ready to sign for City the next morning but was recalled urgently when Terry and Alex got injured.

Mancienne was an England U'21 player at the time and was named in the last full England squad.

He was ready and willing to sign for BCFC and Gary Johnson.

Is that calibre of player 'Big' enough for you?

It would be a shame to let the facts get in the way of your argument though.

Campbell is now playing for Hull so presumably at some stage he was available.

Sturridge is still playing for Man City.

And Mancienne is now playing for Wolves despite the fact that he "was in Bristol ready to sign for City". Of course Terry getting injured affected that signing. However, why didn't he drive up the M4 rather than the M42 when Terry recovered???

Throwing out names like these is a tease. I'll be satisfied when Johnson turns these into signings (and keeps the player for longer than a day).

And Mancienne is now playing for Wolves despite the fact that he "was in Bristol ready to sign for City". Of course Terry getting injured affected that signing. However, why didn't he drive up the M4 rather than the M42 when Terry recovered???

Throwing out names like these is a tease. I'll be satisfied when Johnson turns these into signings (and keeps the player for longer than a day).

Campbell is now playing for tottenham on loan from man utd - shame to let the facts get in the way of your argument though :innocent06:

Were you at the Q&A? Mancienne, Campbell and Sturridge were explained to my satisfaction. We were very close to getting Campbell and Mancienne, and Sturridge was just an enquiry after the youth Cup match. Campbell was given the go ahead to come to City by Ferguson ( GJ has it in writing ) but the player himself decided to stay in the North. I don't know why Mancienne later went to Wolves, perhaps City had players back from injury by then?

Don't know what your point is really, Mancienne was ready and willing to sign and Stern John has.

Could we loan Rafael the Silva and Rodrigo Possebon from Manchester United? Both young players that need to get some more experience to push on to become regulars. Rafael is in and out of the first team, getting a bit of experience and Possebon coming back from injury after a bit of experience with the first team... Getting players like them would be huge.

I'd imagine when we first went for him, it was before we got Webster in, now Webster has come in, McCombe recovered, he felt righly or wrongly that Mancienne wasn't going to be needed.

Were you at the Q&A? Mancienne, Campbell and Sturridge were explained to my satisfaction. We were very close to getting Campbell and Mancienne, and Sturridge was just an enquiry after the youth Cup match. Campbell was given the go ahead to come to City by Ferguson ( GJ has it in writing ) but the player himself decided to stay in the North. I don't know why Mancienne later went to Wolves, perhaps City had players back from injury by then?

Don't know what your point is really, Mancienne was ready and willing to sign and Stern John has.

For starters Wolves is closer to London than bristol is and elets be frank if your a youngster and u get to join a team who are well known in the league than a team who look a good outfit yet not enough history to think that would be a better choice. i think it's very postive that we are looking at the right players yet will be more excited when we sign one of these from the premier league.

Campbell is now playing for tottenham on loan from man utd - shame to let the facts get in the way of your argument though :innocent06:

Good point, well made. :winner_third_h4h:

Having said that, your observation does back up my point. I thought the reason Campbell didn't come to us was because "he wanted to stay in the North".

Tottenham is North London I guess......

For starters Wolves is closer to London than bristol is and elets be frank if your a youngster and u get to join a team who are well known in the league than a team who look a good outfit yet not enough history to think that would be a better choice. i think it's very postive that we are looking at the right players yet will be more excited when we sign one of these from the premier league.

I must be bored...........but AA Autoroute says Bristol is 20.6 miles and 27 mins closer to London than Wolverhampton.

I read on the OS, that when he became available again, his agent advised him he would 'do better' at Wolves. ....

and i doubt anyone involved in player movements (unless you're Etabs agent / advisor), would publicly make statements that could be refuted as incorrect by the other parties involved

:disapointed2se:

Having said that, your observation does back up my point. I thought the reason Campbell didn't come to us was because "he wanted to stay in the North".

he wanted to stay in the north last season, not many people would have expected him to do as well as he did for hull, so this season he was never going to drop down a division to play in the championship when he could get Premier League & european football

Cambells loan to Spurs was part of the Berbatov deal, on that day NOTHING was going to stop Alex Ferguson completeing the deal, i doubt Campbell had much day in that one.

:tumbleweed:

I must be bored...........but AA Autoroute says Bristol is 20.6 miles and 27 mins closer to London than Wolverhampton.

But the league tables say that Wolverhampton is miles closer to the Premier League than Bristol.

Turns out GJ isn't as adverse to the loan system as made out after all then!!

All smoke and mirrors and spinning plates (remember that?). Johnson is a master of subterfuge he should be working for MI5. What happened to the player 'all lined up' to replace Carle.

All this, opening up to the suporters, was to deflect critism away from him at yesterdays meetings, along with his insight into why Bradley is leaving.

I'll believe it when I see it, loan signings from the top four prem clubs that is.

In case nobody noticed the loan window closed yesterday.

All smoke and mirrors and spinning plates (remember that?). Johnson is a master of subterfuge he should be working for MI5. What happened to the player 'all lined up' to replace Carle.

All this, opening up to the suporters, was to deflect critism away from him at yesterdays meetings, along with his insight into why Bradley is leaving.

I'll believe it when I see it, loan signings from the top four prem clubs that is.

In case nobody noticed the loan window closed yesterday.

Considering all you do is whine, who would you like to replace GJ as manager, as you clearly don't rate him.

Archived