IGNORED

Mancienne, Campbell, Sturridge

Dolman_Stand

All smoke and mirrors and spinning plates (remember that?). Johnson is a master of subterfuge he should be working for MI5. What happened to the player 'all lined up' to replace Carle.

Did Gary ever say that? All I recall is a newspaper report with something like "A source close to the club said..." type thing.

All this, opening up to the suporters, was to deflect critism away from him at yesterdays meetings, along with his insight into why Bradley is leaving.

Fans were able to ask him anything they liked at the Q&A. If that's his way of deflecting criticism, it's quite an unusual tactic to put yourself right in the firing line.

Did anyone come away feeling they'd been lied to? And if so, why didn't they confront him about it?

We could TRY to sign any player in the world we want to and then state that we had TRIED to

The facts are we didn't get any

The problem Gary Johnson has is attracting players to this club - Young players like michael Mancienne are going to go to clubs like wolves over city, cos we not (yet) regarded as a Big championship club.

At least he is trying to get these top youngsters and the longer we are in the top half of this division the more likely we are to start getting these youngster eventually.

It would be a shame to let the facts get in the way of your argument though.

Campbell is now playing for Hull so presumably at some stage he was available.

Sturridge is still playing for Man City.

And Mancienne is now playing for Wolves despite the fact that he "was in Bristol ready to sign for City". Of course Terry getting injured affected that signing. However, why didn't he drive up the M4 rather than the M42 when Terry recovered???

Throwing out names like these is a tease. I'll be satisfied when Johnson turns these into signings (and keeps the player for longer than a day).

If you'd been at the Q+A this was all perfectly adequately explained;

Mancienne was in Bristol ready to sign when Scolari pulled the deal due to injuries to Terry and Alex. When they were fit Mancienne played in an England U-21 game whereupon in GJ's words Ebanks-Blake and Hennessey of Wales "got to him" and presuaded him to join Wolves instead of us, Mancienne then reneged on a deal to join us when he was available.

Campbell was given the pick of several Champioship clubs last season and being from Yorkshire chose Hull over us (and several others).

The problem Gary Johnson has is attracting players to this club - Young players like michael Mancienne are going to go to clubs like wolves over city, cos we not (yet) regarded as a Big championship club.

At least he is trying to get these top youngsters and the longer we are in the top half of this division the more likely we are to start getting these youngster eventually.

Tis true.....

But thats also where he has to start earning the brass ...by convincing them it is the right move (and no doubt he tries his damn hardest)

Does anyone think that GJ "strict" regime has a bearing on their decisions as well?

"I'm not going there if I cant go out on a Saturday and get w##kered now and again"

Its funny, but I seem to recall us being able to attract Andy Smith and Bas Savage when GJ first arrived, now after a substantial rise in our league standing we are trying to get england under 21 players, and have actually got Stern John in who has scored a lot of championship and premier league goals and some people still arent happy? I personally cant see why Beckham chose milan over us, but that is gj's fault, so i wont be licking gj's rear for the next five years! Come of it!

All smoke and mirrors and spinning plates (remember that?). Johnson is a master of subterfuge he should be working for MI5. What happened to the player 'all lined up' to replace Carle.

All this, opening up to the suporters, was to deflect critism away from him at yesterdays meetings, along with his insight into why Bradley is leaving.

I'll believe it when I see it, loan signings from the top four prem clubs that is.

In case nobody noticed the loan window closed yesterday.

Considering all you do is whine, who would you like to replace GJ as manager, as you clearly don't rate him.

With a 5 year contract folded in his back pocket he ain't going nowhere, no fear of that. That doesn't mean I will lick his ass for the next 5 years.

There's no need for ass licking.

This is what p**ses a lot of people off. Hull and Stoke worked the loan system to perfection last year.

No doubt you would also have the moral fibre to turn up to an event and make your accusations to his face.

I was there mate and at the shareholders meeting. Unlike you I put my time and money before my mouth. :cool:

And what did GJ say when you made the accusations to his face? I wasn't there so could you please let us non attenders know?

Here's a good idea....

Think of the 3 best loan signings around in the last 2 seasons and say we tried to get them to keep the fans sweet.

Campbell didn't want to come to us as we are too far south so went to Hull and masterminded their promotion at the hands of us Mancienne has just been called up for England (but stayed in a hotel in Bristol the night before Chelsea defenders got injured) and is now at Wolves? why not us...?

+ Sturridge scores for fun and is England u21.

Don't get me wrong.. it maybe true but I am not sure if I can believe it..

The comment about "I'm a celebrity" was funny though.

Nail on head.

Contrary to the belief of a deluded few who fail recognize there are 23 other teams in the division, we're still a relatively small (and new) fish in a big pond, with lots of bigger fish... and the odd shark. Charlton are, in fact, a beached whale.

But... I think we're continuing to grow nicely with the current set-up. Progress on the pitch is starting to stagnate slightly after we came so far in such a short space of time, but that was inevitable.

We have a good chairman, a good group of players that give their best for the cause, and a manager who has enjoyed success with us beyond our wildest dreams. We're getting good attendences, with season-ticket sales at a record level. The East End is packed out and producing a brilliant atmosphere week after week. Up until recently, the vibe has been very positive from just about everyone.

We're a stable club in terms of personnel; although results have been very average over the past couple of months, previous success suggests we have enough to pick up our form again. Three points off the play-offs heading into December suggests that the play-off final defeat didn't hit us as hard as it could've (and has hit many, many clubs). Sure, we don't win every week and there's still plenty of room for improvement. But I follow football because it's fun and I enjoy it. There are hard times and there are good times; and in the grand scheme of if all, things are going pretty well in my book.

Still, I suppose that doesn't stop some people wanting to tear it all apart and force people out after a couple of defeats. But that's football fans for you, right?

Gets off soap box, and stops going off on a tangent... :innocent06:

I was there mate and at the shareholders meeting. Unlike you I put my time and money before my mouth. :cool:

So you did put your accusations to him then? Or were you prevented from doing so by someone from the club (given that you say awkward questions were not allowed)? If not, what was his response as it does not seem to be included in the report on the OS?

What are you talking about?

Mancienne was in Bristol ready to sign for City the next morning but was recalled urgently when Terry and Alex got injured.

Mancienne was an England U'21 player at the time and was named in the last full England squad.

He was ready and willing to sign for BCFC and Gary Johnson.

Is that calibre of player 'Big' enough for you?

Not so ready and willing shortly after though when he went elsewhere.

Would be interested to see one of these "links" actually come to fruition though.

I'm a bit puzzled by the Frazier Campbell explanation, I thought before we were told that it was Fergie who said Campbell was not available to go out on loan then he appeared at Hull to "our surprise" - where as last night it came across that it was the player who did not want to move south ?!?!

(Sure it is written somewhere but don't have the patience to trawl through for it)

Campbell wanted to stay up north last season - but not this season it seems.

Can't believe a number of north west Prem sides wouldn't have wanted him.

That being the case, this was a rather odd thing to say:

Awkward questions weren't allowed. From what I have been reading on here this morning, it was a Happy Clappers love in.

Campbell wanted to stay up north last season - but not this season it seems.

Can't believe a number of north west Prem sides wouldn't have wanted him.

It was part of the Berbatov deal, he probably had no say in the matter.

To be fair, fair play if this is all true, it shows we ARE looking at these types of players, but we have failed to get them and it all sounds a bit like the last Q&A where we had 2 or 3 ready made replacements for Nick Carle and had a targetman on the way who SL said 'he couldn't pronounce his name'. Just getting a bit skeptical about it all, as we are in need of fresh blood, no need to threat yet though, wait until January 31st, see who has left and who has come in and see where we are in the league. It will make more sense rather than a panic now.

So you're saying GJ preferred Webster to Mancienne? - let's get it right, either the Wolves U21's 'got at him' as has been said (by GJ?) or we washed our hands of him because GJ spotted a bargain in Webster.

You're somewhat confused, Webster had already been with us for a month when we went for Mancienne.

Nail on head.

Contrary to the belief of a deluded few who fail recognize there are 23 other teams in the division, we're still a relatively small (and new) fish in a big pond, with lots of bigger fish... and the odd shark. Charlton are, in fact, a beached whale.

But... I think we're continuing to grow nicely with the current set-up. Progress on the pitch is starting to stagnate slightly after we came so far in such a short space of time, but that was inevitable.

We have a good chairman, a good group of players that give their best for the cause, and a manager who has enjoyed success with us beyond our wildest dreams. We're getting good attendences, with season-ticket sales at a record level. The East End is packed out and producing a brilliant atmosphere week after week. Up until recently, the vibe has been very positive from just about everyone.

We're a stable club in terms of personnel; although results have been very average over the past couple of months, previous success suggests we have enough to pick up our form again. Three points off the play-offs heading into December suggests that the play-off final defeat didn't hit us as hard as it could've (and has hit many, many clubs). Sure, we don't win every week and there's still plenty of room for improvement. But I follow football because it's fun and I enjoy it. There are hard times and there are good times; and in the grand scheme of if all, things are going pretty well in my book.

Still, I suppose that doesn't stop some people wanting to tear it all apart and force people out after a couple of defeats. But that's football fans for you, right?

Gets off soap box, and stops going off on a tangent... :innocent06:

I agree entirely with this post, take a bow son :clap:

Archived