IGNORED

It Was In Wasn't It?

DavidNoble

Surprised nobody started a thread on this yet but surely that ball crossed the line.

From my seat behind the Atyeo it looked certain that it went in, there player fumbled it backwards and it looked 100% in.

I always hear Wenger and Fergie whinging after games about these incidents and i always thought it was just them being petulant but that took a goal off of us and goals change games as we all know and perhaps we could have gone on to win that.

Thoughts?

Surprised nobody started a thread on this yet but surely that ball crossed the line.

From my seat behind the Atyeo it looked certain that it went in, there player fumbled it backwards and it looked 100% in.

I always hear Wenger and Fergie whinging after games about these incidents and i always thought it was just them being petulant but that took a goal off of us and goals change games as we all know and perhaps we could have gone on to win that.

Thoughts?

It was so far over it was practically in my hands....and I was sat half way up the Atyeo stand

Listen, I appreciate referee's and linesman have a tough job....but he was on the by-line.....and no one was obstructing him!

A disgraceful decision...and has cost us 3 points. Whether we deserved them is by the by...it was a goal, and the linesman didnt do his job

Even though Basso denied Swansea twice with excellent saves midway through the second half? We had a few good chances but I'm relatively pleased with a point against one of our competitors.

We had pretty much the entire first half and more chances of better quality than they did in the second. Yes Basso made two reasonable saves (neither particularly special, they were both inside arms reach) but we penned Swansea in for large periods and could have scored three or four.

I thought we edged the game today and the ball did look over the line though not way over. To be fair I think the linesman's view was blocked but maybe the ref could have seen?

Apart from that we didn't really look like scoring though which I think was due to poor service from the midfield as usual.

I was in the williams, block a, and I could clearly see the ball had green grass between it and the white line. The linesman was on the dolman side, and with that many bodies in the way I could believe that he couldnt see anything, but the ref was perfectly placed - he was about 3 foot to the left - towards us in the williams - of the penalty spot, and looking straight at it. I don't know what his problem is, but presumably he will be taking the rovers game next week, then probably heading down to exeter the week after.

Whats with this keeping us safe crap.

We should be looking up not down the league.

we should...........however if we don't starting looking down at how many points those teams have, we could be dragged in before long.

the immeidate aim for City is to get to 60 points and secure next season's championship football as soon as possible, whether that is in Jan, Feb, March or April, like last season that should be the aim and everything else is a bonus,

we can't think we are too good to go down, because no team that goes down gets relegated on luck, it's because they weren't good enough

we should...........however if we don't starting looking down at how many points those teams have, we could be dragged in before long.

the immeidate aim for City is to get to 60 points and secure next season's championship football as soon as possible, whether that is in Jan, Feb, March or April, like last season that should be the aim and everything else is a bonus,

we can't think we are too good to go down, because no team that goes down gets relegated on luck, it's because they weren't good enough

I agree but we are 7 points away from relegation, considering how tight the league is 7 points is a long way away.

If we can come through the Christmas period and stay around mid table we should be fine. With a few good additions in Jan we should be looking at a top half finish to be honest.

The good thing for all the clubs looking down is there seems to be a slight gap developing bewtween the drop zone and the rest of the teams, before you know it the likes of Charlton and Doncaster will be cut a drift.

Archived