IGNORED

"family"club At It Again

somered

Surely calling someone a 'p**i', is no different to calling someone a Scot?

the word is now perceived to be an insult, and used in an insulting way in 99.9% of the times it's used

Exactly. The fact that it's an insult based on ethnicity is what makes it totally different, and unacceptable.

My old man died in 1991, he wouldn't recognise the England the left behind.

I agree that England is less racist than it was in 1991, but I think it's still recognisable. As for the newspaper story (Daily Mail? Evening Post perhaps?), I'd be interested to know the facts behind the headline - one thing that hasn't changed since 1991 is the sh!te quality of journalism.

If they're from Pakistan you may have a point - but it's often used against anyone that has an Asian appearance so clearly it is different.

I agree - that was my point about saying it about someone who you thought came from that country and why it's now an unacceptable 'name' to use.

I agree - that was my point about saying it about someone who you thought came from that country and why it's now an unacceptable 'name' to use.

Is calling someone a P*ki a worse insult than calling someone a fat **** or a ginger t*ssor or a welsh whatever?

...I agree that England is less racist than it was in 1991, but I think it's still recognisable.

Putting racism/predudices aside, I think England has changed so much in the past few years (and not for good I may add).

We've become a big brother state, with no pride, who rely on getting migrant workers to do jobs that we cannot fill, can't be arsed to fill or our labour force aren't just qualified to do.

All this is topped off with a blame society with nobody taking pride in their communities or local surroundings.

Accepted, accepted by whom?

I remember years ago hearing an 'Aussie' cricket commentator referring to a Pakistani batsman as a P word - interesting to know if they regard it as a racist comment over there - perhaps one of our Aussie posters can advise?

What we may get shortly, are people with the same racist/homophobic/etc viewpoint simply using similar sounding words to the deeply offensive ones - what's the legal position on that? - I do remember some City fans using the term 'mugger' in the 1980's in front of policemen with impunity on one occasion.

In this world of politcal correctness I'm so confused,iam wondering if there is anyone out there who maybe able to help me correct myself? Can i now not call a Welshman a taff? A scotsman a jock? A Irishman a paddy? Am i no longer able to say look at that gorgeous looking bird, rather i say look at that gorgeous looking lady? Am i no longer able to call a Austrailan a Aussie? I maybe a lil slow in my old age but hell I'm having difficultly in understanding all this confusing political correctness lark

In this world of politcal correctness I'm so confused,iam wondering if there is anyone out there who maybe able to help me correct myself? Can i now not call a Welshman a taff? A scotsman a jock? A Irishman a paddy? Am i no longer able to say look at that gorgeous looking bird, rather i say look at that gorgeous looking lady? Am i no longer able to call a Austrailan a Aussie? I maybe a lil slow in my old age but hell I'm having difficultly in understanding all this confusing political correctness lark

You're not allowed to say any of it - call them Idwyl, Hamish Declan and Bruce to be on the safe side - as for the lady, she's a garden hoe according to Rappers so that must be ok.

Well start as i mean to go on, think i will lobby the mods and have them correct and indeed ban those on here that refer to Cardiff City Football club as Bardiff as this strongly implies that our Welsh football friends mistreat and do unlawful gross acts of indecentcy to innocent sheep!

Then stop thinking of it as political correctness and think of it as common decency.

Would you go up to a waiter in a Chinese restaurant and say "Oi, chinky"?

If not, why not?

Then stop thinking of it as political correctness and think of it as common decency.

If not, why not?

depends.........has your dinner already been served? if not, he's quite likely to spit in your chow mein.

If not, why not?

I would address the chinese waiter as i would address any other human being in this world regardless of age race creed or colour, and say words to this affect Hi please may i place an order. What is your point edson i fail to see it?

I would address the chinese waiter as i would address any other human being in this world regardless of age race creed or colour, and say words to this affect Hi please may i place an order. What is your point edson i fail to see it?

You are labelling it as political correctness.

I am saying it's just basic common decency and if people just saw it as such, rather than inventing some non-existent 'PC Brigade' to blame for being asked to show respect to fellow human beings, life would be a lot simpler.

Why would you not call a Chinese person a chinky?

You mean you've never heard it? Even the Aussies cal themselves aussies. I can't believe you don't accept that it is unless you've been living in a bubble for the last 30 years. Methinks you're just fishing.

could you please not use the word bubble as my wife is on the large size and this word offends her, now are you begining to see the point that i and many others who have posted on this thread are trying to make or are you living with very dark sunglasses stuck to your head so you are blinded by others views?

could you please not use the word bubble as my wife is on the large size and this word offends her, now are you begining to see the point that i and many others who have posted on this thread are trying to make or are you living with very dark sunglasses stuck to your head so you are blinded by others views?

Yes, you're definitely fishing. But anyway, I'll play along. Since when was "bubble" used as a derogatory term for large people?

But really, my response would be if the offence was genuine (which it is not), I'm sorry, I won't use the term again in your presence. Why is that so difficult for you? As Edson points out above - it's purely common decency.

Guest MaloneFM
Since when was "bubble" used as a derogatory term for large people?

It isn't.

However.

As someone who has several friends from the area of the world who take great offence at the term 'bubble and squeak' to refer to those from the Aegean sea area, or Greeks. Many of whom are indeed fat.

For gods sake think of the children you poof!

Guest MaloneFM

If he had the words 'Jackie' and 'Chan' on his driving licence?

Bugger I just put one reply under another. Get a life uncle!

You are labelling it as political correctness.

I am saying it's just basic common decency and if people just saw it as such, rather than inventing some non-existent 'PC Brigade' to blame for being asked to show respect to fellow human beings, life would be a lot simpler.

Why would i ,or why wouldnt i personaly call this man a chinky? If i were to choose to call this man a chinky and he was very offended by this, then its common sense and common decency NOT to call this man by this name again, where is the problem? My mate Dave is a Welshman and his nickname is Taff, Dave loves to be known as Taff,now if Dave were to take offence at being called Taff do you think that i or any other of Daves friends would still carry on calling him by this name? Now i doubt very much if every Welshman likes to be called a Taff but there again i doubt if every Welshman really gives a toss. The same logic surely applies to every other nationality, unless there is a unseen law that forbides us to nickname certain other nationalitys

Yes, you're definitely fishing. But anyway, I'll play along. Since when was "bubble" used as a derogatory term for large people?

But really, my response would be if the offence was genuine (which it is not), I'm sorry, I won't use the term again in your presence. Why is that so difficult for you? As Edson points out above - it's purely common decency.

still not seeing mine and others points of view? I suggest you go right back to the start of this thread and read again absorbing what has been discussed

Why would i ,or why wouldnt i personaly call this man a chinky? If i were to choose to call this man a chinky and he was very offended by this, then its common sense and common decency NOT to call this man by this name again, where is the problem? My mate Dave is a Welshman and his nickname is Taff, Dave loves to be known as Taff,now if Dave were to take offence at being called Taff do you think that i or any other of Daves friends would still carry on calling him by this name? Now i doubt very much if every Welshman likes to be called a Taff but there again i doubt if every Welshman really gives a toss. The same logic surely applies to every other nationality, unless there is a unseen law that forbides us to nickname certain other nationalitys

So you would call a Chinese man a chinky until such a time as he said it offended him?

Would you call a black man 'sambo', 'ni***r', 'n*gnog'?

You claim not to know where the boundaries lie for what is an isn't acceptable, so I'm asking where yours lie or if you have no boundaries.

Archived