IGNORED

These Rumours Will Not Go Away

somered

To me if £3M was offered for Elliott, it is too much for us to turn down, provided we move on another fringe player such as Myrie-Wiliams we'd then have space on the wage bill to bring in a couple of quality reinforcements.

Otherwise if £2M has been bid and no-one is willing to go higher we should keep him until the summer and then re-assess.

To me if £3M was offered for Elliott, it is too much for us to turn down, provided we move on another fringe player such as Myrie-Wiliams we'd then have space on the wage bill to bring in a couple of quality reinforcements.

Otherwise if £2M has been bid and no-one is willing to go higher we should keep him until the summer and then re-assess.

The problem is though, is it really our choice? If Marvin wants to go, he will go. Lets be honest, every players wants to play in the Premier league surely?

Why sell if we don't need the money? unless Elliot wants to leave which i don't think he does! we need to keep hold of our best players if we want to get anywhere!

The problem is though, is it really our choice? If Marvin wants to go, he will go. Lets be honest, every players wants to play in the Premier league surely?

They should do.

However, Portsmouth have made no approach and Wolves aren't in the Premier League.

The fact that the article says Wolves have 'pipped' Portsmouth, who haven't even made a bid, makes me question the validity of the article.

I honestly believe the Mirror gets its info off here half the time. They've been banging on about Elliott.. since.. ooh it first appeared on here as a rumour!

Maybe a few threads stating rumours of 4mil bids for Marv will see an increase in the DMs valuation, thus putting a few off!

;)

Guest wheres your caravan??

No need to sell Marvin, therefore i wouldn't accept anything less than £4M.

As for JW £500,000 is a piss take. If we keep him for another 2/3 seasons and he establishes himslef he will be easily worth £3m

Cant see him going to Wolves to be honest, wth the way they are heading they might not even be guranted automatic promotion.

If Wolves are serious they will have to come up with at LEAST 4 mill and i doubht they will have that sort of money. As for James Wilson i think that rumour is paper talk to be quite honest, if the lad has any sense he would realise that he needs to establish himself in the championship first.

There are bound to be rumours about lots of good players and Elliot is no exception. I would be very surprised if there were no clubs were looking at him and possibly showing an interest. City could well have rejected an offer for him by now for all we know.

In some ways its flattering that other clubs are interested in our players but the bottom line is just how much City want to keep Elliot. If I were Johnson/Lansdown I would find it easy to turn down £2m. After all you can't get much quality these days for that amount. I would only be tempted if a silly offer of £4m+ came in.

Imo opinion losing Elliot for anything less would be a disaster in the long run. He could be the difference between reaching the play-offs and not.

Is it me or have the Mirror been printing these rumours every week for the last 3-4 months? It's not going to hapeen, neither of those fantasy bids come into the 'silly money' bracket and we don't need to sell.

Lazy journalism from a terrrible newspaper IMO.

Actually they did the same last January and in the summer. Making up a rumour and constantly repeating it beats having to work for a living.

Actually they did the same last January and in the summer. Making up a rumour and constantly repeating it beats having to work for a living.

I thought they'd been around a while but that's just rediculous. To me it gets a bit boring doesn't it and is just another example of the media having such little regard for football outside of the prem.

Am I mistaken, or was it the Mirror sports editor who is a Sheff U fan and at the time of the play off final publicly backed Hull on the grounds that Scudamore is a City fan and the sports editor was aggrieved that the Premier league had let West Ham stay up at Sheff Us expense?

If so, maybe he is continuing his vendetta by trying to unsettle our players?

One for the conspiracy theorists.

Wasnt this the same man that said Lee Trundle was going nowhere??

In fairness Trundle and Elliot are totaly different scenarios, Elliot is the bed rock of our midfiled were as Trundle culdnt even get on the bench and was in desperate need of games.

I trust GJ enough to believe when he says somebody is not going he is telling the truth.

All players are available at the right price, however the right price for ME is going to be a factor of his value to our second half of the season Play Off push :fingerscrossed: and the depth of our/Mr Landsdowne's pockets.

If the manager says he is not for sale that would usually mean we are not actively trying to sell him and thats good enough for me, which furthermore would certainly imply a price easily in excess of 2m is required.

As for our young centre back its a bit of a Turkey Shoot..Will he become a great player...Possibly but by the same token look at what happend with the big coloured lad (please someone remind me of his name) who had the opportunity to go to PNE for 350k and didn't or the Rosenior debacle.

What ever the club do there are going to be criticised but I would say if there was a significant amount of money and add ons it could be tempting as the money will likely be used to sustain our accademy

All players are available at the right price, however the right price for ME is going to be a factor of his value to our second half of the season Play Off push :fingerscrossed: and the depth of our/Mr Landsdowne's pockets.

If the manager says he is not for sale that would usually mean we are not actively trying to sell him and thats good enough for me, which furthermore would certainly imply a price easily in excess of 2m is required.

As for our young centre back its a bit of a Turkey Shoot..Will he become a great player...Possibly but by the same token look at what happend with the big coloured lad (please someone remind me of his name) who had the opportunity to go to PNE for 350k and didn't or the Rosenior debacle.

What ever the club do there are going to be criticised but I would say if there was a significant amount of money and add ons it could be tempting as the money will likely be used to sustain our accademy

I may be wrong but was it Ayinsah (sp?)

Think it was fortune, Danny Wilson at the time was drawing comparisions with him and patrick vaira

Archived