IGNORED

30 Years Ago Today

Maltshoveller

Yes its 30 years ago today (4th may 1979)

that the greatest prime minister of our time

Margaret Hilda Thatcher came to power

Happy days

I'm sure mr goblin will be on here later to send his love to her :innocent06:

:winner_third_h4h: Dame Margaret Hilda Thatcher would now be sharing a prison cell with her buddies Tony B.liar and Gordon Brown-noser if I had my way. :winner_third_h4h: Between them those three Lib-Lab-Con politicians have wrecked the economy and manufacturing base of our country and we're now suffering the worst recession in living memory as a result.

Happy days

Over 3 hours have passed since you made that post and no one's posted in support of Maggie Thatcher and her fellow Lib-Lab-Con European Union loving politicians. :rolleyes: OK, it wasn't Mr B.liar and Mr Brown who deregulated the stock markets, instigated the cult of privatisation and unleashed the hounds of greed that Thatcher's policies encouraged but they are loyal to Thatcherism and the treasonous love of the European Union nonetheless.

Happy days

Happy days will be the name of the party I throw on the day that useless, bigotted and clueless old hag finally shuffles off this mortal coil.

Best 20th century British Prime Minister by a country mile. And 21st century (so far).

Not the best, but even if you hated Maggies politics you couldn't help but respect her. She was a tough old cow who held her own in a mans world.

Not the best, but even if you hated Maggies politics you couldn't help but respect her. She was a tough old cow who held her own in a mans world.

She certainly did that in Spitting Image in the scenes in Gents in the house of commons. :innocent06:

I loathed her at the time but 30 years on and I put what she did into historical perspective. Its a bit like football, we had to have our Pulis and Tinnion eras to get to the Gary Johnson. And although Tony Blair gets a bad press now, he was at the forefront of making Labour electable again, and was doing OK until a combination of 9/11/The so-called War on terror/George Bush/WMD and the invasion of Iraq. Its just unfortunate that all these things were inextricably linked :disapointed2se:

She certainly did that in Spitting Image in the scenes in Gents in the house of commons. :innocent06:

I loathed her at the time but 30 years on and I put what she did into historical perspective. Its a bit like football, we had to have our Pulis and Tinnion eras to get to the Gary Johnson. And although Tony Blair gets a bad press now, he was at the forefront of making Labour electable again, and was doing OK until a combination of 9/11/The so-called War on terror/George Bush/WMD and the invasion of Iraq. Its just unfortunate that all these things were inextricably linked :disapointed2se:

While Maggie Thatcher was revelling in being the Falklands war leader her son was doing a spot of illegal arms selling in Africa. While Tony Blair was revelling in being an allied Iraq war leader his son was sent to the Bahamas to be as safe and as far from the conflict as possible. Thatcher and Blair are but two corrupt peas from the same Lib-Lab-Con pod.

While Maggie Thatcher was revelling in being the Falklands war leader her son was doing a spot of illegal arms selling in Africa. While Tony Blair was revelling in being an allied Iraq war leader his son was sent to the Bahamas to be as safe and as far from the conflict as possible. Thatcher and Blair are but two corrupt peas from the same Lib-Lab-Con pod.

I cant stand blair

but don't blame him one bit for looking after his son

Most dads would do the same thing wouldnt they?

Sadly I could not resist this thread - I think what amzes me is that some people still genuinely say they admire her - and wasn't she firm and strong - and they mean it??!!

Maggie T - her actions and visions were so extreme she would have been barred from joining the 4 horse riders of the apocalypse. I will be at the party celebrating her demise she was a an evil dispicable rat bag - watch out Satan when she joins you she won't settle as one of your Lieutenants I would not "p" on her if she was on fire or puke on her if she was starving

Sadly I could not resist this thread - I think what amzes me is that some people still genuinely say they admire her - and wasn't she firm and strong - and they mean it??!!

Maggie T - her actions and visions were so extreme she would have been barred from joining the 4 horse riders of the apocalypse. I will be at the party celebrating her demise she was a an evil dispicable rat bag - watch out Satan when she joins you she won't settle as one of your Lieutenants I would not "p" on her if she was on fire or puke on her if she was starving

Maggie Thatcher was a right bitch for revelling in all the unemployment she was creating with all her ministers crowing that "unemployment is a price worth paying" while quoffing their Champagne paid for at taxpayers' (our) expense. The current Labour ministers are the new Thatcherite Tories with their second homes and lavish expense claims paid for with our hard earned taxes.

30 years ago?? really? bloody hell I'm getting old!

Anyway, according to records, much more important date - 1 June 1947... what happened then?

- leading twenty years later to 1 June 1967(what happened then?) a momentous day in the life for the UK's 'children of the 60's'..... it was getting better.

(clues are there...) So according to record... 1st June 1947 ....? / 1st June 1967....?

Anyway, according to records, much more important date - 1 June 1947... what happened then?

- leading twenty years later to 1 June 1967(what happened then?) a momentous day in the life for the UK's 'children of the 60's'..... it was getting better.

(clues are there...) So according to record... 1st June 1947 ....? / 1st June 1967....?

1947 and 1967 - I've no idea. :noexpression:

Anyway 1975 - and the traitor Margaret Thatcher is seen campaigning for a 'Yes' vote to continuing EEC (European Union) membership........

_41210383_thatcherpa.jpg

Don't know about 1947, but 1st June 1967 was the release date of The Beatles' iconic album Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. And you have given the clue "it was getting better" - 4th track on the album was "It's Getting Better" not to mention "A day in the life" the last (official) track.

As I write this I now realise what happened on 1st June 1947! It was the day Sergeant Pepper taught the band to play!! :winner_third_h4h:

Think I've fixed that hole :englandsmile4wf:

Don't know about 1947, but 1st June 1967 was the release date of The Beatles' iconic album Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. And you have given the clue "it was getting better" - 4th track on the album was "It's Getting Better" not to mention "A day in the life" the last (official) track.

As I write this I now realise what happened on 1st June 1947! It was the day Sergeant Pepper taught the band to play!! :winner_third_h4h:

Think I've fixed that hole :englandsmile4wf:

Oh bugger... thought that was going to be harder than it was.. :)... Well done Dazzler! :clapping:

Back in the 60's/70's things werent 'easy' but 'we' (the youth) did have a kind of 'togetherness' & optimism for the future ('A' Bomb permitting ;) ) ...

The word 'us' meant 'you & me' - then it all started to go pearshaped, greed & selfishness became the politics of the day & all that togetherness went out the window.. Milk Snatcher Thatcher finally putting the nail into the coffin of Britains youthful dreamers..

The Beatles etc were a big part of that shared optimistic future of the post-war sixties- until 'us' became 'ME' & 'them' ... ... Thatchers council house sell offs sold false dreams for some (I'm all right Jacks) but those dreams became nightmares for many others who to this day continue to stuggle just to get roofs over their heads.

Bankers, Profits, Company Streamlining, Asset Stripping etc, Shareholdings, Corporate Bonuses big money for some crumbs for everyone else, service industries replacing once respected British manufacturing (& working class skills) ... Rip Off Britain (ripping off our own) began to emerge..

Twenty Years Ago Today - Sgt Pepper taught the band to play... :englandsmile4wf:

Thirty Years Ago today Thatcher began making Britains people pay!!.. & we've given it all away.. :disapointed2se:

Guest Greasy Chip Butty
Happy days will be the name of the party I throw on the day that useless, bigotted and clueless old hag finally shuffles off this mortal coil.

The first pint will be on me. F*cking evil woman.

The first pint will be on me. F*cking evil woman.

I'll buy you a pint because I know that Sheffield suffered far worse than Bristol under Thatcher. For those that don't know - Sheffield had a world famous steel industry until Thatcher and her cronies had it destroyed.

More importantly it's 30 years ago that the mighty 2Tone record label was born against a backdrop of recession, unemployment and Thatcherism. Somehow the Specials launched a generation of politically-aware kids that just wanted to dance: No war, no racism, "**** Art, Let's Dance!"

And so moving forward 30 years we have this generation of geezers, late 30's, early 40's, football fans, patriotic Brits the lot of em, who would gladly see all of those war-mongering polititian bastards dead, and will dance at their funerals to 'Gangsters', 'Ghost Town' and - in the case of Thatcher - 'Little Bitch'.

The good news is that the Specials are touring again for the first time in 28 years and I'm off to see em in Leeds in a couple of weeks. A certain symmetry with BCFC maybe? - a dramatic return to glory in the midst of a catastrophic political and economic decline? Hope so.

"Stand down Margaret, Stand down please"

And so moving forward 30 years we have this generation of geezers, late 30's, early 40's, football fans, patriotic Brits the lot of em, who would gladly see all of those war-mongering polititian bastards dead, and will dance at their funerals to 'Gangsters', 'Ghost Town' and - in the case of Thatcher - 'Little Bitch'.

I'm a super patriot - bring it on and let's party. :winner_third_h4h:

Archived