IGNORED

Our Strongest Team

DavidNoble

Just wondering what everyones idea of their strongest line-up is when everybody is fit. Interesting to see the sytems used, the personal and also the people on the bench.

Mine would be a 3-2-2-1-2 which would look like this:

.................Gerken...................

......Carey.....Fontaine...Nyatanga...

..Orr............................................McAllister

...............Elliott.....Hartley................

.....................Sno...........................

..............Maynard...Haynes................

Substitutes:

Henderson, McCombe, Skuse, Williams, Saborio, Clarkson, Akinde

Just wondering what everyones idea of their strongest line-up is when everybody is fit. Interesting to see the sytems used, the personal and also the people on the bench.

Substitutes:

I like that line-up. But we desperately need a left sided player.....

McAllister is a really poor player compared to the rest of the side - and he's got the safest place in the team ffs!

I wonder if GJ has a replacement in mind for january... hope so.

Substitutes:

I would swap Haynes for Saborio, Basso for Henderson and Johnson for Williams

I expect we will look to bring in some cover for jamie mac in january now that blackman has gone, but i imagine it will be cover rather than genuine competition.

I dont think GJ has any genuine concerns about jamie macs quality and selection in first 11, but will surely conced we have no genuine left sided cover if he gets injured/banned, and it would mean a formation switch back to a flat back 4 and dragging out fonts/lewin

Substitutes:

No Lee Johnson at all, not even on the bench? Thats contraversial...

I would swop Alvaro for Haynes and Lee Johnson for one of the other strikers as sub. Its not often you need three strikers on the bench.

But....its very unlikely that Johnson will have all his players 100% fit at any stage over the season so we are not going to see our 'strongest 11'. Fun speculating though..

No Lee Johnson at all, not even on the bench? Thats contraversial...

I would swop Alvaro for Haynes and Lee Johnson for one of the other strikers as sub. Its not often you need three strikers on the bench.

But....its very unlikely that Johnson will have all his players 100% fit at any stage over the season so we are not going to see our 'strongest 11'. Fun speculating though..

Dont know if u know what you just said but first you said No Lee Johnson at all. Then you said put him on the bench ?? ha ha

My prefered line up is like the one first stated, but maybe Soborio for Haynes.

But would like them to sway half time because there both amazing players for us

On the other comments, how come you dont think McAllister is a good player ?? I really rate him and think hes definutely a 1st team player, maybe not as good as Braders on the other side but can certainly create chances for other players, and seems to link up well with Hartly.

Just my opinion though

On the other comments, how come you dont think McAllister is a good player ?? I really rate him and think hes definutely a 1st team player,

McAllister has a number of weaknesses some to do with ability and other is hardly his fault.

Firstly his distribution is dire and he rarely gets in a telling cross considering how often he gets forward. He also used to welly the ball far too often although he's stopped doing that as much this season. He is also very dodgy against tricky wingers who have frequently left him floundering with bits of skill, particularly pacy skill. As a full back thats not a weakness you want to have. Apart from that he's a good player.

The weakness that not his fault is that there is no serious compition for his place. Thats down to Johson of course.

I would swap Haynes for Saborio, Basso for Henderson and Johnson for Williams

I expect we will look to bring in some cover for jamie mac in january now that blackman has gone, but i imagine it will be cover rather than genuine competition.

I dont think GJ has any genuine concerns about jamie macs quality and selection in first 11, but will surely conced we have no genuine left sided cover if he gets injured/banned, and it would mean a formation switch back to a flat back 4 and dragging out fonts/lewin

It'll have to be Lewin because Fonts is currently injured. Which means that losing Lewin in the middle creates a space for A.N.Other player.

Surprised at your perception of Jamie Mac, I think he's a solid player who very rarely gets the credit he deserves.

I entirely agree with this. People seem to notice what he does wrong, but don't notice how solid he is as a DEFENDER, which is his main job. Thought he had another good game today - his positional sense and interceptions are superb. His distribution isn't the best, but he's part of a very good defence.

I entirely agree with this. People seem to notice what he does wrong, but don't notice how solid he is as a DEFENDER, which is his main job. Thought he had another good game today - his positional sense and interceptions are superb. His distribution isn't the best, but he's part of a very good defence.

He's an average defender and a poor full back. He will have good games as any player will but on the whole his position is now the one that needs to be improved upon.

He's an average defender and a poor full back. He will have good games as any player will but on the whole his position is now the one that needs to be improved upon.

Have you ever played football? Jamie Mac is an excellent footballer and his positioning is a joy to watch. It is very difficult to make telling passes from the full back position when there are no player in a wide position in front of you.

Archived