IGNORED

Inconsistent Fee's

Whites

Liverpool have reportly recieved a £4m bid for Charlie Adam from Stoke.

Aston Villa sign England U-21 Defender Joe Bennett from Peterborough for the Same price.........

Dembele £15m

Modric £33m

Rhodes £8m..

Nani £22m (Reportedly)

Jelavic £6m

S. Fletcher £12m.

Can't seem to figure out what decides a transfer fee?

Is it.....Selling Club, Buying Club, Need for a player, contract remaining, Agent fee's

or simply the players themselves???

Be buggered if I can work it out!!!

These days, age (over/under 24) and length of contract remaining has a lot to do with the transfer fee.

A 22 year old with 4 years left as opposed to a 28 year old in the last year of contract could well go for very different fees even if they are effectively the same standard. That said some fees just seem bonkers to me!

It's not usually as simple as 'player x is sold for £10m'; there'll be staggered payments, add ons, payments to players and players agents in there. For example, Spurs are only paying a transfer fee of £5m for Adebayor, but there'll probably be huge payments to the player and his agent in there, as well as a salary in excess of £100k per week (I imagine) so then the deal starts to look less good value. At the end of the day, a footballer is worth whatever some idiot chairman is prepared to pay (see Jordan Rhodes)

..and even when they do move, clubs, especially us like to keep it private which i entirely agree with, the size of the fee has no bearing on the value of the player to the team, non whatsoever, possibly a detrimental effect if any.

The price of a player is too subjective and random to follow any consistencies, i would give up trying to make sense of it.

Fundamentally its about how much a club wants for a player and how much another club is willing to pay for him. For example Huddersfield valued Rhodes at £8m and Blackburn are willing to pay it. Had Huddersfield asked for £10m then the deal would probably not have happened

There are always complications such as sell-on clauses, staggered payments, number of appearances and so on but in simple terms its what the buying club is prepared to pay.

I love to see Chelsea offer Barcalona £200m for Messi......Did anyone see his amazing free kick last night against Real Madrid?

Of course it is supply and demand and the price paid by teams reflects what they need and whether the selling team need to sell you what you want. If you think you need a good goalkeeper you put your cash behind that purchase rather than the eyecatching striker. That to me is the biggest surprise of the Rhodes deal, on paper Blackburn already have 4 good championship strikers, I am not sure what they are trying to prove by this signing, I would have thought it was detrimental to the confidence on the rest.

Hernandez = 6 million - Was bought from the mexican league at the age of 22. Not a hard league and I doubt the club has much money anyway.

RVP = 24 million. - Was bought after scoring 37 goals in one of the best leagues, from a rival who had lots of money.

I don't understand fees either.

Liverpool have reportly recieved a £4m bid for Charlie Adam from Stoke.- Isn't going to be a regular at Liverpool, high wages too.

Aston Villa sign England U-21 Defender Joe Bennett from Peterborough for the Same price........ Was a regular, didn't want to sell him.

Dembele £15m was a regular, didn't want to sell him

Modric £33m was a regular, didn't want to sell him

Rhodes £8m.. was a regular, didn't want to sell him

Nani £22m (Reportedly) a player that has showed quality, international and was/is a regular

Jelavic £6m Poor league, Rangers didn't have much money

S. Fletcher £12m.was a regular, didn't want to sell him

Can't seem to figure out what decides a transfer fee?

Is it.....Selling Club, Buying Club, Need for a player, contract remaining, Agent fee's

or simply the players themselves???

Be buggered if I can work it out!!!

It's quite simple, its based on age, experience and if the selling club wants the player.

Archived