IGNORED

Derrick Williams Last Night

beaverface

I was sat in the Atyeo last night, but I kept noticing that Derrick Williams was being handed something from the bench. I couldn't quite work out what is was.

I thought it may have been an Asthma inhaler first of all, as he kept putting up to his mouth, but then he dropped it to the floor.

I also thought it may have been a Vickes stick or something to help with being bunged up with a cold or something.

Guess it was probably something simple like a tissue, just wondering if anybody knew what it was?

So this begs the question, and its a serious one, what is the difference between these energy giving bars etc and performance enhancing drugs. They both give artificially gained energy and performance, yet one is illegal and one is freely available, even during a game.

I assume one is a natural food source whereas the other is a stimulant designed to give energy gains.

You could argue that food gives you energy gains.

So this begs the question, and its a serious one, what is the difference between these energy giving bars etc and performance enhancing drugs. They both give artificially gained energy and performance, yet one is illegal and one is freely available, even during a game.

They don't really enhance performance it's more like a sugar rush

They don't really enhance performance it's more like a sugar rush

Spot on. Rio Ferdinand used to eat Kelloggs Frostie snack bars from time to time in a game for the same reason. It just gives them a temporary sugar rush to keep them going.

Rio F was quite renowned for eating Jaffa cakes and iced gems. Very odd but obviously worked for him

I prefer to think that Rio is renowned for "moving house" on the day he was supposed to have a drug test.

One of his team mates Jaap Stam has also "moved house" though that move was completed.

Archived