IGNORED

Tyrone Barnett

TomBCFCUK

A 6ft 3in heaver up-front would be in keeping with SCs "Land of the Giants" reputation that he had at Cheltenham. If he also signed 6ft Myrie Williams then I assume he would not play Joe or Bobby very often. That would seem to run counter to at least one of the five pillars. I, for one, think that Bobby and Joe are two of our best players and the only local lads in the team. If we don't push these two talents then why bother with an academy?

Yes because Myrie-Williams is known for his physical, tough man style of football :facepalm:

It can also clearly be seen since Cotterils appontment that he has been looking for a way to NOT play Reid and Bryan or Burns for that matter  :facepalm:

He could drop Wes.... that's what SOD would do, and wouldn't think twice about it either.

The Least agro decision is drop Wes and keep Taylor on the bench ..... job done.... of course i hope that doesn't happen

another interesting decision needs to be made re the fact that Fontaine is in the 18 man squad now, again would you drop Carey ?

if you try and name an 18 man squad for Saturday, then you will see what i mean about some tough decisions over the next few weeks.

two will miss out plus Brundle

Will it be Wes and Louis ? i really hope not

Fortunately for Wes he can also play on the wing, even as an attacking wing back as he did to great effect on Saturday. SC has said he rates him so I wouldn't imagine he will just leave him out of the squad all together. I must admit new signings do worry me that the youngsters will get pushed aside a bit but Wes is giving SC the type of problem he wants. Barnett is a big physical striker and is the different option to what we need. Taylor isn't up to it and will probably be left out. 

Wes will also put Wagstaff under real pressure for the right wing role in the near future as well. I would say he is doing himself no harm at present.

Anyway there is no guarantee that Barnett would walk straight into the starting 11. Likely yes, but he has been left out of the posh side before. I'm guessing that he must have seriously fallen out of favour with Daddy's boy Ferguson for him to loan him out to a divisional rival.

He could drop Wes.... that's what SOD would do, and wouldn't think twice about it either.

The Least agro decision is drop Wes and keep Taylor on the bench ..... job done.... of course i hope that doesn't happen

another interesting decision needs to be made re the fact that Fontaine is in the 18 man squad now, again would you drop Carey ?

if you try and name an 18 man squad for Saturday, then you will see what i mean about some tough decisions over the next few weeks.

To be fair to SOD he did play Wes quite a bit last season, just saying...

What a daft statement.

Who cares what SO'D would do?  Why bring it up?  The current gaffer is playing him, and praising him, so why mention it?

And Wes Burns is getting experience and putting in good performances from the bench, and that is unlikely to change whether we sign another striker or not.  SC said himself that Burns probably isn't going to be starting, so the player who really need to worry is Taylor, who I think will disappear one way or another if this goes through (out of the club or two the reserves).

And Brundle, as good a prospect as he is, isn't going to be higher up the order than Carey or Fontaine, and frankly neither is first choice, so it just comes down to who SC thinks is needed on the match day; Carey's experience or Fontaine's relative youth.  Good to have that option, but more importantly we now have three clear first choices above them.

I'm seeing this signing as more of a hindrance than a help..

1. Bad blood between him and Cunningham could unsettle the camp.

2.signed from rivals Peterborough. Agent to make is turn bad. Odd to sign a rivals striker.

3. Our current shape and formation is working for us. Unless Barnett is a sub I don't want his signing to mean we got two up top with jet behind. It affects the way the rest of the team play. We have good balance atm.

Just not sure about this one. And what happened to wes Thomas?

So, if Baldock is injured you'd like to have only Taylor as striker back up?  I wouldn't.  Plus, there will be games where we struggle to breakdown teams with our movement, pace and passing, and will need a battering ram, which Taylor isn't, and this lad might just be.

The signed from rivals stuff I literally don't understand, and the 'bad blood' thing is a hand shake and a chat; nothing more.  Not saying they'll be best buddies, but then Sherringham and Cole hated the living s___ out of each other, but did a job for their team.

We can't just sit and hope thing stay the same; they won't and we'll need options.  And, for the record, Wes Thomas is another pie-in-the-sky one like Johnny Russell; he's the sort of player that the promotion chasing teams like Peterborough and Wolves are chasing, while Barnett is the player they push out to lower in the division teams like us.  Let's not forget where we are. 

What a daft statement.

Probably but no more daft than some of the 'OMG, this will happen/that will happen, he will play/they won't play, he used to manage Cheltenham, I love SOD' drama queenesque comments on this thread, things are going OK at present, our only loss was to the 3rd from top present form team, an away draw with the 5th from top form team, a win against the 6th from top form team and a routine home win against the bottom of the league (something we have not recently been good at).

Is Barnett a Cotterill signing or a Burt signing, or does it depend on how he does?

If he's brilliant then he is someone that fans have been telling the club to sign for ages.

If he's does well then he's someone who SOD had earmarked to sign. 

If he does reasonably well, then he's a Burt signing.

Ife he does only OK then he's a SC signing.

If he is poor then he's a Jon Lansdown signing - especially of there was a queue to sign him.

If he's carp then he's yet another rubbish decision by the owner.

I'm seeing this signing as more of a hindrance than a help..

1. Bad blood between him and Cunningham could unsettle the camp.

Just not sure about this one. And what happened to wes Thomas?

Personally I don't think that this should be a problem. They are both professional footballers and there are bust ups and nasty fouls in almost every game. Good professionals accept this and just get on with it. Maybe a few handbags at the time but after the game it cools down.

Is Barnett a Cotterill signing or a Burt signing, or does it depend on how he does?

A 6ft 3 lump who's good in the air, not afraid to smash into anyone (ask Greg), was playing non league 4 years ago, is 28 years old and is on the transfer list for being involved in a night club fracas.

Burt or Cotterill? I think I know where my money is... This lad wouldve fit right into "the crazy gang" back in the day.

A 6ft 3 lump who's good in the air, not afraid to smash into anyone (ask Greg), was playing non league 4 years ago, is 28 years old and is on the transfer list for being involved in a night club fracas.

Burt or Cotterill? I think I know where my money is... This lad wouldve fit right into "the crazy gang" back in the day.

God you're boring.

Let's wait and see how he get's on perhaps? I know you can't stand the fact that SC is proving so far to be the right man to take this club forward, but maybe reign it in a little as it's beyond a stuck record now. 

.........................................................................PARISH.............................................................................

.................................OSBORNE.........................FLINT.......................WILLIAMS.....................................

MOLONEY...................................REID............................GILLET.................................CUNNINGHAM..........................

.........................................................................JET.................................................................................................

...............................................BARNETT......................................BALDOCK.............................................................

Swapping Reid for Pack or Elliott away.

Like the look of that. Not sure why we would 'get destroyed'. We have to start having a go at other teams and dictating the way we want to play, as opposed to pandering to other teams. Much better than shutting up shop and hoping to sneak a win.

zzz-boring.jpg

A few people here worry that someone has to be on their way out just because we're signing a striker. Bottom line is if jet or baldock get injured Taylor is our only real option to play instead surely it makes sense to sign another striker that can actually score a goal or 2 unlike Taylor for use as cover I case of injury or even a second half sub??

What a daft statement.

Sorry i was Just highlighting that managers sometimes take the easy route especially when it comes to established higher earners versus youth. Its an easier non confrontational thing to do and the club will want to preserve the value of its asset if they want to move taylor on in the transfer window.

I did balance that by saying that i hope SC wouldn't follow suit.

Apologies if i was a bit vague about why i highlighted what SOD would do and its relevance, but we don't know what SC will do under similar circumstances as he has been able to accommodate both wes and ryan on the bench up until now.

But SOD dropped wes from the squad this season the moment taylor was fit and had to make a choice... And thats a Fact!

Because you don't agree doesn't definitively Make me "daft" :)

A simple i don't agree would have been kinder

Happy new year

BORING.

A few people here worry that someone has to be on their way out just because we're signing a striker. Bottom line is if jet or baldock get injured Taylor is our only real option to play instead surely it makes sense to sign another striker that can actually score a goal or 2 unlike Taylor for use as cover I case of injury or even a second half sub??

To be fair; That is the perfect description for Taylor... if you were referring to his entire City career.

Not being funny, but I actually think the highlighted part is EXACTLY the option we need in the squad, regardless of who picked him out.

Just like Harewood really, Burt or SOD?, I think I know where my money is, Harewood couldn't get into the crazy gang more like crazy paving.

Archived