IGNORED

Adam El Abd (Merged)

Negan

• Admin

Says on North Stand Chat that the fee is an "undisclosed 5 figure sum". That's significantly less than I'd have expected to pay for a pretty decent centre back from a Championship club.

Was also refreshing to go to another club's forum and find virtually everyone calling us either "City" or "Bristol City".

First impressions..

He's no better than what we have. Was at fault for their first goal and nearly did the same late in the second half.

Didn't look particularly good today. Got caught out a fair few times by simple balls over the top for a player of his experience and as you said should of done better with the first goal.

well worth a 3.5 year contract to take him to 33 then!

Yes because we can write a player off after one game...!

Flint had a stinker today, Osbourne played so badly he got taken off at half time and El-Abd was the best of the three without having a great game. Saw enough to know there is much more to come

Does anyone know how much game time has he had recently?

Looked ring rusty and off the pace, there were parts of his game that makes me think he'll be a decent signing given time and more importantly games.

Off topic I know, I was slightly baffled as for the inclusion of Flint today. MK Dongs were never going to cause us any problems in the air where Flint's strengths lie and would look to play to feet. Surely the better option would have been El-Abd, Osbourne & Williams.

First impressions..

He's no better than what we have. Was at fault for their first goal and nearly did the same late in the second half.

Strange.

Thought he looked excellent on the ball and was certainly bettter than Flint who got given the run around by the youngster they had up front. He was at fault for the first goal but we shouldn't have been playing a right sided player in that position anyway IMO - and to be fair, the pass was inch perfrect.

Strange.

Thought he looked excellent on the ball and was certainly bettter than Flint who got given the run around by the youngster they had up front. He was at fault for the first goal but we shouldn't have been playing a right sided player in that position anyway IMO - and to be fair, the pass was inch perfrect.

Completely agree, which is why I thought Flint would miss out today and Abd play central in a 3 with Osbourne right, and Willams left.   

Archived