IGNORED

Wagstaff Out For 6 Weeks...

!james

Couldn't really see it but any blame attached to the Cov bloke or was it 50/50 tackle?

From watching the youtube clip, looks as though Clarke had a bit of a run up to leap for the ball and Waggy was pretty much stood still when he jumped. Just power and strength, nothing malicious.

really?

Yeah, he's not been anywhere near consistent enough for me to warrant his position week in week out. Granted when he's good, he's an asset but he isn't pacey nor cunning with the ball, he's just a bog standard wide midfielder for this level. In terms of us playing 3-5-2, I think Moloney (sic) has been really unlucky to not get a shot at the wing back spot in all honesty. But if he's not favoured by Cotterill then, I guess thats that.

Yeah, he's not been anywhere near consistent enough for me to warrant his position week in week out. Granted when he's good, he's an asset but he isn't pacey nor cunning with the ball, he's just a bog standard wide midfielder for this level. In terms of us playing 3-5-2, I think Moloney (sic) has been really unlucky to not get a shot at the wing back spot in all honesty. But if he's not favoured by Cotterill then, I guess thats that.

The trouble with Maloney as a wing back is that he is not great going forward which WB's have to be good at. I exepct we will go back to 4-4-2 with Maloney at RB.

SC said earlier this week that he doesn't feel he can use 442 without Karleigh Osborne, that means Maloney isn't the preferred right back or right wing back.

When is Osborne due back?

SC: "We don't know about Karleigh Osborne; certainly no more than 50/50 at this stage."

SC said earlier this week that he doesn't feel he can use 442 without Karleigh Osborne, that means Maloney isn't the preferred right back or right wing back.

When is Osborne due back?

I just asked Stockhausen that very question about Moloney, his response:

"I asked him what other options he had available on the right hand side and he didnt mention his name. Not played since Watford away."

He then said:

"Cotterill may seek short term replacement for Wagstaff when the loan window opens tomorrow"

I just asked Stockhausen that very question about Moloney, his response:

"I asked him what other options he had available on the right hand side and he didnt mention his name. Not played since Watford away."

He then said:

"Cotterill may seek short term replacement for Wagstaff when the loan window opens tomorrow"

Has Moloney ****ed SC's missus or something? I don't rate him as highly as some on here but come on he is a decent player at the very least...

Not overly dissapointed. Wagstaff is inconsistent. Burns has a lot of potential and I like what he offers when he plays.

Think you're being very harsh on Wagstaff here.  And I if he's bog standard for this level, I wish a few more of our players were, because he looks significantly better than a lot of the others with better pedigree.

If nothing else, he's one of the few players that's scored more than a goal for us; losing that threat is a problem.

He also busts a gut regardless of where he is played, and at 23 I think he'll improve; hope we keep him.

That said; I'm up for seeing more of both Maloney (if Cotterill remembers if he exists...) and definitely Burns, who I hope plays a MUCH bigger role now.

Think you're being very harsh on Wagstaff here.  And I if he's bog standard for this level, I wish a few more of our players were, because he looks significantly better than a lot of the others with better pedigree.

If nothing else, he's one of the few players that's scored more than a goal for us; losing that threat is a problem.

He also busts a gut regardless of where he is played, and at 23 I think he'll improve; hope we keep him.

That said; I'm up for seeing more of both Maloney (if Cotterill remembers if he exists...) and definitely Burns, who I hope plays a MUCH bigger role now.

He is bog standard for his level, no more no less. He looks good at times (and it is only at times) because those around him are so poor. Regardless of their pedigree, we have a team of poor players. 4 goals isn't great, it's just average in my book. What's more important to me is the fact that so few goals have come from the rest of the midfield, a true concern. I'm not sure I agree he busts a gut, when Osbourne was playing right cb in the back three Wagstaff constantly left him exposed by not tracking back or just giving a half hearted nudge in the back of the opposition player running through. That happened far too many times for my liking.

I want to see Maloney make a return as he's solid for this level whilst Burns is very raw but has the potential to be moulded into a versatile player. Whether this happens or not though is Cotterill's decision to make now.

Couldn't really see it but any blame attached to the Cov bloke or was it 50/50 tackle?

thought the cov bloke took him out, knew exactly what he was doing.

Wagstaff reminds me of Simon clist, too weak for me, would prefer Burns or Maloney.

need to go back to 442, get kelly back in the middle as soon as he is fit.

He is bog standard for his level, no more no less. He looks good at times (and it is only at times) because those around him are so poor. Regardless of their pedigree, we have a team of poor players. 4 goals isn't great, it's just average in my book. What's more important to me is the fact that so few goals have come from the rest of the midfield, a true concern. I'm not sure I agree he busts a gut, when Osbourne was playing right cb in the back three Wagstaff constantly left him exposed by not tracking back or just giving a half hearted nudge in the back of the opposition player running through. That happened far too many times for my liking.

I want to see Maloney make a return as he's solid for this level whilst Burns is very raw but has the potential to be moulded into a versatile player. Whether this happens or not though is Cotterill's decision to make now.

Fair enough; I still think you're being overly critical, and that Wagstaff has looked worst more by association than contribution since his arrival.  The age he is I think he's got the potential to be a very decent player for us once (if..?) we stabilise and get a more balanced, settled team.

I'd agree that his best performances have not come playing wing back, and looks weaker there, but then he's not a wing back by trade, so again not sure you're being entirely fair in your assessment.  Maloney has also not been great in the same role, which I feel says more about the limits of using that system with our personnel, rather than him.

But that said, it's a game of opinions, and respect yours fully.  I think we will miss him.

I would add that he's scored 5 not four, though agree the bigger problem is that only him and Elliott have been pulling their weight in that regards (outside JET and Baldock, of course).

Could have done without this to be honest. Waggy doesn't offer much at all going forward but his work rate and discipline will be missed. Surely now we have to change the system?

Not sure why SC doesn't rate Moloney what so ever though? He's not great defensively but rarely gets skinned. I find his biggest problem is positionally but surely he's not that bad that he can't at least step in and do a job? Not sure loans are the answer again to be honest....

Archived