IGNORED

"i'm A Winner."

Rule The Waves

One of the many reasons I was horrified by the appointment of Cotterill is that he's got a long habit of saying moronic things in the press that piss the fans off and cause disruption. He's really not very bright at all.

I hope we scrape by this season, but I wouldn't bet on it sadly.

What do you mean, he says moronic things? In last night's Post he said

that City must not slip back into the bottom four. It took a lot of intelligence to work that out.

First of all, I must say that Mr SC was certainly not my number 1 choice to replace O'dismall.

However bad we were today (and it sounds very bad) all SC was saying is "how it is" - we all like to think we are winner's so give the guy a break. He is not the one that has put us in this position - it's been brewing for along time. The fact of the matter is he is trying to get us out of this mess whether you like him or not as a person.

It cracks me up - so many threads over and over and over and only a few hundred (if that) could be arsed to go to the Questions and Answers session a month back (held at the ground where you could have had your say to the people we are all moaning about - the board and the manager).

The club is in a mess but it's not all Steve Cotterill's fault. We need to give him 100% for the final 13 games. If we dont then we have no chance of staying up. It really does crack me up that so many fans think that slagging him off is going to help matters.

Dont get me wrong, I am completely disillusioned by what is happening at our club. But for once, lets try and say something positive. 

What about "bloody hell, that interview with cotts after the Shef Utd game was really passionate. He aint having any of it. His attitude is about being a winner etc etc etc, lets hope that rubs off with the players and they accept the kick up the ass after a shocking performance. All the forum is saying he is a failure. FFS, this boy is not going anywhere. The board are gonna stick with him whatever happens. 

Im fed up like all of us but dig after dig at Cotts is not gonna change a thing (well apart from a few who feel better typing their frustration on a keyboard),

League 2 beckons as of today...but lets back them until the final whistle! 

Funny the amount of losers that keep stating they are winners, you don't often hear winners stating they are winners,they don't need to, because they are, losers need to make you think they are winners.

Just standard BS soundbites from a okay manager

The players are treated like they've already 'made it' when most of 'em have done f' all apart from signing a contract so far (same goes for our 'winner' manager too... Landsdown was gearing up for Championship stability even preparing to kick on towards the Prem a few short years ago. We all know that went wrong & is'nt the fault of this group of players or managment. However the facilities Landsdown funded, state of the art training facilities, training pitches & buildings were geared for the type of playing staff we'd hope to have here now... they are not here, the facilities must make the squad think they are deserving of such pampering.

NO THEY ALL MUST EARN THE RIGHT TO FEEL THAT WAY, THEY MUST ALL DO SOMETHING & SHOW SOMETHING TO MERIT THAT FEELING, the feeling that they are someone, that they are winners! Its as if they have already made it while actually proving nothing.

So get a gurt big padlock on all the molly-codling facilities, mothball all that nonsense. nomore cosy super training time.... whack up a couple of glorified sheds with a couple of showers & get 'em all back to basics, SC included.

Ban designer rags etc get 'em into sports direct trackies & make em f'ing hungry for it again... let 'em splash about on a muddy olfd field somewhere & when/if they show promise, hunger & determination only then make life easier for them once again... Its a reward, a privaledge not a right to be treated like stars, they have to prove they want & deserve it all over again or the goodlife is over.

Get out the padlocks & make 'em fight to get back in again... (maybe an afternoon handing out parcels in one of Bristols foodbanks will help refocus their ego's... a bit of voluntary work somewhere might just get them counting their blessings & make them think of all thats required of them, -its not a lot to ask for or expect of them afterall, COYR's JUST DO IT!!   

The players are treated like they've already 'made it' when most of 'em have done f' all apart from signing a contract so far (same goes for our 'winner' manager too... Landsdown was gearing up for Championship stability even preparing to kick on towards the Prem a few short years ago. We all know that went wrong & is'nt the fault of this group of players or managment. However the facilities Landsdown funded, state of the art training facilities, training pitches & buildings were geared for the type of playing staff we'd hope to have here now... they are not here, the facilities must make the squad think they are deserving of such pampering.

NO THEY ALL MUST EARN THE RIGHT TO FEEL THAT WAY, THEY MUST ALL DO SOMETHING & SHOW SOMETHING TO MERIT THAT FEELING, the feeling that they are someone, that they are winners! Its as if they have already made it while actually proving nothing.

So get a gurt big padlock on all the molly-codling facilities, mothball all that nonsense. nomore cosy super training time.... whack up a couple of glorified sheds with a couple of showers & get 'em all back to basics, SC included.

Ban designer rags etc get 'em into sports direct trackies & make em f'ing hungry for it again... let 'em splash about on a muddy olfd field somewhere & when/if they show promise, hunger & determination only then make life easier for them once again... Its a reward, a privaledge not a right to be treated like stars, they have to prove they want & deserve it all over again or the goodlife is over.

Get out the padlocks & make 'em fight to get back in again... (maybe an afternoon handing out parcels in one of Bristols foodbanks will help refocus their ego's... a bit of voluntary work somewhere might just get them counting their blessings & make them think of all thats required of them, -its not a lot to ask for or expect of them afterall, COYR's JUST DO IT!!

. So basically send them all to train at the sags ground.

Just an example of the egotistical b******* he has spouted in the media throughout his career.

Although I have to say he actually seems to have improved somewhat with the media since his Portsmouth and Forest days where you could say with complete confidence that every single defeat would be put down to the referee or his own team missing heaps of chances. This is the guy after all that I remember saying his team had 'missed 19 sitters in that game'. Now fair enough, I didn't actually witness the game in question, but I think I've seen enough football to struggle to believe that his team had not only created, but managed to miss, 19 'sitters' in one game. You can also look at his interview with Sky after we beat Forest 1-0 the other year if you wanted an example of the crap he has been known to talk to the press.

As for being a 'winner' unfortunately Steve that isn't a title you can give yourself. It is meant to be given to you by other people after achieving success. So if you want people to think of you as one (I can assure you not many people do at the moment) then instead of telling us, build a successful team and invite people to give you that label. Just a thought.

Although Aizoon is correct when he says that he is not only louder than our previous manager, but also manages to avoid sniffling so full credit to him for that. My only issue with Cotterill is most of the time when he speaks I wish he was quieter, much quieter. As my mate said the other day, when he is on the radio it sometimes takes you a while to work out whether it is the manager of our team or a standard caller into Twentyman.

'The thing is Geoff, I'm a winner Geoff'.

He's a winner in the sense that he seems to have brainwashed our board into handing him a 3.5 year contract for a job that his previous managerial records indicate he shouldn't have in the first place. He's also managed to get the job at a time when the club shouldn't have even been looking for a new manager, with it being one of the most ill-timed managerial appointments I've ever witnessed. Not his fault though, of course he's going to accept the offer when it's handed to him. Shame on the board for making the decision to sack a manager that had lost 1 in 7.

You reap what you sow. Unfortunately us fans are the ones that have to suffer the consequences for the board's incredibly poor decision-making.

**** me. Nothing wrong with his interview. A lot of our fans must be ******* morons. He is clearly fuming about the performance today. People have taken his comment completely out of context. What do people expect him to say? Today was a terrible result but without reading other topics I bet our moronic fan base are calling for Cotterills head. Probably saying something along the lines of, "I always thought we should have appointed Warnock". ******* stupid! Cotterill is the best we are going to get for the situation we are in and the sort of players at his disposal

He may think he is a winner - and at Cheltenham he was. But since then his record has generally been pretty average apart from 18 games at Notts County.

14 league games at City. 4 wins, 5 draws and 5 defeats. And if you consider that 2 of those wins were in the honeymoon period that most our our recent managers have seemed to enjoy, that record looks as bad as SOD's this season.

As some have said on here, the only way he is possibly a winner is that when he gets sacked from this job, he will get a big pay-off.

. Shame on the board for making the decision to sack a manager that had lost 1 in 7.

Or another way of expressing it, is a manager with the worse win ratio in City history (if you discount caretakers and Copout) who had taken just one point out of a possible six in his last two games.

We're both just using statistics to bolster arguments.

I prefer to look forwards rather than backwards. Looking backwards condemns us to walk into life's lamp posts.

Would you sack Cotterill? That would just take managerial churn to the max. The theory didn't work over at the dark side of our city.

Given that he stays, what to do next?

Archived