IGNORED

The Official Crawley Town V Bristol City Match Day Thread

Robert Smith of The Cure is from Crawley.

I used to work for a firm in Crawley with Robert Smith's Dad. He arranged for his son's "up and coming band" to play at a staff Christmas 'do'.

The looks on the faces of 100 or so middle-aged pharmaceuticals Execs faces when The Cure walked on stage will stay with me forever

• Like 2

Very tough game today, Preston and Swindle lost there and MK managed a 2-2 draw. Need to be on it from the start today as while generally poor, they can clearly get themselves up for the big games. Can see a tight game today and one of those games where I don't care how we win, just bring the points home.

Crawley have done well against the top sides, but as long as we are 'up for it' right from kick-off, can't see anything but an away win... 1-3 City (again).

Edited by old_eastender

On the way there, overheard a coversation earlier on the train which I liked...

Old women: You off to a football match?

Bloke: Yeah, bristol city

Old women: Oh, their not doing so well are they?

Bloke: we're doing very well!

Old women: Oh yeah, that's that other Bristol team who aren't very good, isn't it?

• Like 5

Pre Match Trivia:

Which is the only club in the top six tiers of English football whose name starts with five consecutive consonants?

No using google gents.  

Edit: And lasses obviously

QPRFC...

But no, seriously, I can only get 4. Plymouth and Fylde. I'm assuming it's a team like Colwyn (minus the O obviously) that have a Y in the name. Not gonna get it though I doubt.

Edited by Ben4BCFC

#BristolCity v Crawley: Fielding; Little, Ayling, Flint, Williams, Bryan; K.Smith, Pack, Freeman; Agard, Wilbraham.

#BristolCity Subs: Richards, Tavernier, Cunningham, Elliott, Wagstaff, Saville, Emmanuel-Thomas.

Edited by Super