IGNORED

The Official Bristol City V Walsall Jpt Wembley Final Match Day Thread

Not sure how you can say that. Walsall were poor in the final third but played the ball around nicely. I didn't think City played to our full potential and we will have to perform better against Preston, or we will lose.

We will play better against Preston. We did what we had to yesterday. With eight games of our season left and the main prize to win we were not going to go gung-ho against a team we could have put six past to be honest.

The fact we played within ourselves and won at a canter shows how much better we are than the majority of teams in this league.

To claim Walsall could feel "hard done by" in any way, shape or form is one of the most incredible comments I have ever read.

SOD's team played it around "nicely" at times last season - and they were crap when push came to shove.

Walsall were mediocre. Not the worst by any means, but hardly ever did I feel nervous when they threatened (which was hardly ever).

Men v boys was not meant to sound arrogant, but just to highlight the chasm in class. Anyhow, just how often are City fans allowed the chance to be "arrogant". I'm fed up of us being downplayed and the perennial wallflowers!

No I didn't feel nervous either, because they offered zilch up front. But I would have liked to see us control play a lot more and play in a way that made the casual observer think, 'Wow what a team'. I think we fell short of that. Korey Smith, for example, was so so much better against Crewe. I was telling my dad to watch out for him because he's so good, but he was a bit average yesterday. Ah well, we did what we had to do and we have some silverware in the cabinet finally!

No I didn't feel nervous either, because they offered zilch up front. But I would have liked to see us control play a lot more and play in a way that made the casual observer think, 'Wow what a team'. I think we fell short of that. Korey Smith, for example, was so so much better against Crewe. I was telling my dad to watch out for him because he's so good, but he was a bit average yesterday. Ah well, we did what we had to do and we have some silverware in the cabinet finally!

It was a great occasion but not a great game, it really was too easy for this team. I did actually think in the second half it was a shame Preston didn't beat them in the area final.

Warsaw fans not happy but make some very nice comments about our boys, fair play

http://www.upthesaddlers.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=46675

Is this really opposition supporters talking about our side :o

Never seen the like !!! :)

Taken from said thread :

Bristol are a class above , they will be pushing for the premiership next year , 20 out of 24 teams in division one would have suffered the same fate as us yesterday.

• Like 1