IGNORED

The Official Bristol City V Walsall Jpt Wembley Final Match Day Thread

Well done. You were the better side by a country mile and quite rightly won't have the opportunity to defend the cup next year, giving us proper lower league sides a chance!

Probably be the biggest crowd I'll ever see my team play in front of. Thank you.

I'll be down your place for the final game, for what will probably be another parade!

Congratulations and see you in May.

• Like 6

Not really. I think Walsall were quite hard done by to lose by two goals. They dominated possession for parts of the game

What game was that then? What happened is we ended up saving energy for a tough game next week - that's how straighforward it was. Tell me how many saves Frank had to make?

Great day out for the Walsall lot though - nothing beats that first time you see your club at Wembley, win, lose or draw.

Edited by Numero Uno

Well done. You were the better side by a country mile and quite rightly won't have the opportunity to defend the cup next year, giving us proper lower league sides a chance!

Probably be the biggest crowd I'll ever see my team play in front of. Thank you.

I'll be down your place for the final game, for what will probably be another parade!

Have to say i was very disappointed in your lot. To clear off at the final whistle like that was poor, there were only a few handful left to give your lads a "gallant losers" reception, it was left to us to applaud them for getting you there and for not rolling over completely. Poor show.

Not really. I think Walsall were quite hard done by to lose by two goals. They dominated possession for parts of the game

Completely disagree.  We were utterly comfortable throughout.  At times we let Walsall have the ball in areas where they couldn't hurt us but, a slight wobble mid-way through the first half aside, there wasn't a single moment where I thought Walsall might score and I reckon our players had more than enough in the tank to respond if Walsall had got a goal from someone.

I thought it was a thoroughly professional performance.  What also really struck me, from sitting right up at the top of the stadium and looking down on the action from above, is how fluid our formation is.  At different points of the game we were be 3 - 5 - 2, 5 - 3 - 2, 3-2-4-1, 4 - 4 - 2 and 4 - 3 - 1 - 2 and it made it pretty much impossible for Walsall to pick players up or know where they'd be.  Seeing the team in a big stadium with a quality pitch just emphasised how good they actually are.

Completely disagree.  We were utterly comfortable throughout.  At times we let Walsall have the ball in areas where they couldn't hurt us but, a slight wobble mid-way through the first half aside, there wasn't a single moment where I thought Walsall might score and I reckon our players had more than enough in the tank to respond if Walsall had got a goal from someone.

I thought it was a thoroughly professional performance.  What also really struck me, from sitting right up at the top of the stadium and looking down on the action from above, is how fluid our formation is.  At different points of the game we were be 3 - 5 - 2, 5 - 3 - 2, 3-2-4-1, 4 - 4 - 2 and 4 - 3 - 1 - 2 and it made it pretty much impossible for Walsall to pick players up or know where they'd be.  Seeing the team in a big stadium with a quality pitch just emphasised how good they actually are.

I agree and that fluidity for the most part comes from the engine room that Pack and Smith have become, and the ability of Ayling in particular and Williams to a slightly lesser extent, to bring the ball forward and look confident on the ball. How many centre halves at this level could have played the pass Williams did with the outside of his foot, to start the move for the 2nd goal?

I agree and that fluidity for the most part comes from the engine room that Pack and Smith have become, and the ability of Ayling in particular and Williams to a slightly lesser extent, to bring the ball forward and look confident on the ball. How many centre halves at this level could have played the pass Williams did with the outside of his foot, to start the move for the 2nd goal?

Williams gave a couple of sloppy ones away though in dangerous areas. Flinty was quality on the ball yesterday and Ayling is absolutely different class. There won't be many better ball playing defenders in the championship.

Cheers. Chatted to some of yours on the way in. Nice guys. And for a club with a smaller fanbase, a very reasonable turnout.

Rubbish. Was as one-sided a final as you could wish to see. Third goal was incorrectly chalked off too.

Not sure how you can say that. Walsall were poor in the final third but played the ball around nicely. I didn't think City played to our full potential and we will have to perform better against Preston, or we will lose.