IGNORED

The Official Preston North End V Bristol City Match Day Thread

Tom Finney, Bill Shankly, Tommy Docherty, Ricardo Fuller, David Moyes, Gary Peters, Alan Irvine, Phil Brown, Andrew Flintoff, Mark Lawrenson, Peter Purves, Tupele Dorgu, Chris Canavan, Roy Barraclough, Jim Burns and all you others who have played for Preston, Lived or live in Preston or were born in Preston.. your boys are gonna take one helluvvva beating today. ;)

Actually.. if anybody cares to go back to the pre-Rochdale match, I predicted City would have 88 points at this stage of the season and that we would look back on the win at the Gate on Tuesday night and know that that was the day we were promoted.. I also said we would lose one match from then until the end of the campaign and that it would be this one.. :( sorry for that but I am going to stick by it even though deep down i know we won't.. oh I am all confused what i think now.. 1-0 Preston.. there you go its out of my system.

Interesting things about good 'ole' Preston.. they made or still make Trains, Trams, Aircraft, they had the first stretch of motorway opened by Harry Mac on December 5th, 1958; yes we have Preston to thank for the dastardly M6 that we are all gonna have to traverse today... set off early.. I am heading out with a car load at 0900.

And here is a nice connection between Bristol and Preston..  although Aardman and Wallace and Gromit are of course Bristol based the founder, Nick Park, was born in Preston... reason enough, I should say, for wishing Preston 'all the very best' for the remainder of the season, except today of course, so hope they come second. A proper football club with a rich heritage.. just make sure you play fair today me babbers and not like the cheating, diving, grievous bodily harm tactics of Swindle the other night.

Safe travels my fellow City fans... U Riddddzzzzzzzzzz.

Edited by havanatopia
  • Like 1

Tom Finney, Bill Shankly, Tommy Docherty, Ricardo Fuller, David Moyes, Gary PeteM Alan Irvine, Phil Brown, Andrew Flintoff, Mark Lawrenson, Peter Purves, Tupele Dorgu, Chris Canavan, Roy Barraclough, Jim Burns and all you others who have played for Preston, Lived or live in Preston or were born in Preston.. your boys are gonna take one helluvvva beating today.

Tom Finney, Bill Shankly, Tommy Docherty, Ricardo Fuller, David Moyes, Gary Peters, Alan Irvine, Phil Brown, Andrew Flintoff, Mark Lawrenson, Peter Purves, Tupele Dorgu, Chris Canavan, Roy Barraclough, Jim Burns, Bill Brewer, Jan Stewer, Peter Gurney, Peter Davey,  Dan'l Whiddon, Harry Hawke, Old Uncle Tom Cobley and all, Old Uncle Tom Cobley and all you others who have played for Preston, Lived or live in Preston or were boirn on Dartmoor ..your boys are gonna take one helluvvva beating today. ;)

Come On You Reds... we're so close now we can almost taste it.

Good Luck today everyone, safe journeys to the travelling Reds.. Fingers crossed its gonna be a good 'un!

Edited by WhistleHappy