IGNORED

The Official Preston North End V Bristol City Match Day Thread

Dover are a bunch of ferries.

Genuine question.

Many years ago (I played at a reasonable {County League} level) it would be nothing when, following a 'hard' tackle, a player would say something akin to 'Get up you big girl's blouse' or 'Get up you f...ing poof'.

I repeat, genuine question, but would such language be allowed today? 

Genuine question.

Many years ago (I played at a reasonable {County League} level) it would be nothing when, following a 'hard' tackle, a player would say something akin to 'Get up you big girl's blouse' or 'Get up you f...ing poof'.

I don't know the answer to your question and i suspect that those in the kick out homophobia campaigns would like to think you'd get sent off for the latter... but i think you'd struggle to find a ref who'd take any action.

In Preston and so far been started on by 4 different groups of their fans just for walking round with a city scarf on.

Not whinging about it, but come on, 4 times!

Safe to say they're fired up.

And yes I've put my scarf away...

Walked from Town centre and saw a couple of minor scuffles. Prestons "yoof" making a lot of noise then running from a larger, and much older group of City fans.

Genuine question.

Genuine answer, i'm sure one day they will, because football has been sanitised to church hall levels. the first one is ok, the 2nd one would be offensive if the recipient was gay I suppose, but how would you know?, but I would hope if he is playing football at that level he would take as part as the rough and tumble of what used to be a contact sport.

The difference between real offence and genuine heat of the moment throwaway lines I would have thought is obvious. or else where would it end?, a list of banned words?, the list would end up as a book and most footballers don't read books.

There's a serious love in going on twitter between our fans and Preston with a little thanks to our aden and our new club anthem!

Both clubs should be proud of its support. Mutual respect and genuine praise being banded around.

By the sounds of it, aden said no no no will be coming to a ground near you if you happen to be playing Swindon over the coming weeks! !

There's a serious love in going on twitter between our fans and Preston with a little thanks to our aden and our new club anthem!

Both clubs should be proud of its support. Mutual respect and genuine praise being banded around.

By the sounds of it, aden said no no no will be coming to a ground near you if you happen to be playing Swindon over the coming weeks! !

Hope it sticks for a while. A Swindon win at Wembley might put the brakes on it.