IGNORED

The Official Chesterfield V Bristol City Match Day Thread.

King John knows all about Chesterfield. 1204 was the year when they received their Market Charter, as opposed to Royal, and it is the town of Spires..including crooked ones. It has one of the biggest open air markets in Britain so head their fellow fans for some good tukka.

Chesterfield is perched nicely on a hill overlooking the M1 in Derbyshire..not a bad place if memory serves me correct when I went there in the days of Saltergate. Now in a brand new spanking stadium they will be wishing to get their ROI back by getting into the Championship..more later on this..

Nice to see the good folk of Chesterfield giving our lads the 'royal' welcome when we take to the field today.. I hope they win the play offs but slip up today.

Has a draw written all over it this one but I am still going for a City win of 0-1

U redddzzzzzz.

Edited by havanatopia
  1. #BristolCity subs: Richards, Cunningham, Osborne, Elliott, Wagstaff.

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

#BristolCity v Chesterfield: Fielding; Tavernier, Ayling, Flint, Williams, Bryan; K.Smith, Pack, Freeman; Agard, Emmanuel-Thomas.

Perhaps we have not registered any of the young ones like Batten, Morrell, Lemonheigh-Evans for League One?

Interesting to compare with say Swindons side today

Belford T, Ricketts ©, Stephens, Turnbull, Barthram, Rodgers, Marshall, Randall, Barker, Smith M, Hylton

Far far from a first eleven. Pretty sure we could not make that number of changes if we wanted.

What's the rational for not including a youngster or two on the bench?

Have the under-21s had a game in the last day or two that Cotts didn't want to pull them out of just to bench warm? Does he not rate any of them enough to include on the bench? I don't think the under-21s have had the best season so maybe Cotts doesn't see a future for any of them at the club?

What's the rational for not including a youngster or two on the bench?

Have the under-21s had a game in the last day or two that Cotts didn't want to pull them out of just to bench warm? Does he not rate any of them enough to include on the bench? I don't think the under-21s have had the best season so maybe Cotts doesn't see a future for any of them at the club?

Maybe they haven't earned it yet? I'd want my pro debut to be because I earned it, not because everyone else was injured

Edited by Welcome To The Jungle

Re: youngsters, what today says to me is that Cotts really thinks they aren't ready, that worries me in terms of the academy. If they are almost there you think they can be given a chance on the bench, but the void must be so big that Cotts would not want to put them on. Still, only a small negative on what has been a great season.

• Like 1

Maybe they haven't earned it yet? I'd want my pro debut to be because I earned it, not because everyone else was injured

I doubt they would have been brought on anyway, but it would have been good to see a couple of youngsters named on the bench. Some matchday experience would be beneficial for them. Plus keeps everyone at the academy happy that there is a pathway to the first team. 

Even if Cotts doesn't rate them, he should name a full bench.

Re: youngsters, what today says to me is that Cotts really thinks they aren't ready, that worries me in terms of the academy. If they are almost there you think they can be given a chance on the bench, but the void must be so big that Cotts would not want to put them on. Still, only a small negative on what has been a great season.

Perhaps but maybe it's just that SC is fiercely loyal to his first team squad and there's just not enough of a good reason ( for him) to send one of his players to watch from the stands. Steve will want to end the season with a couple more wins and knows how best to achieve that.

Might be the kids didn't travel, and this was a last minute change?

Ultimately, we owe it to the other teams competing for a play-off place to put out our strongest team anyway, including the bench.

Would be right annoyed if I was perhaps a Sheffield United or Rochdale fan, and we turned up today with a team of kids and gave Chesterfield an easier chance at three points than we did them.

Plus, as others have said; may simply be none of our youngsters who are either fit or not out on loan are good enough to have the honour of a spot on the bench?   :dunno:

Agard really is dog shite, there I said it.

I think you're right................. in your previous post where you say that Jet's intelligence wil provide chances for Agard. ;)

But we're assuming, as City fans always do, that Jet will step back in and produce top form immerdiately.

Some/most players are given licence of a few games to get back to speed after long absences.

That doesn't apply to Jet, if he's a bit rusty and doesn't have an absolute stormer his knockers will be out in force.

I hope he does. No offence Wilbs., and get better soon, but Jet's inclusion has given me renewed interest in this game.

• Like 1
  • Admin

Might be the kids didn't travel, and this was a last minute change?

Ultimately, we owe it to the other teams competing for a play-off place to put out our strongest team anyway, including the bench.

Would be right annoyed if I was perhaps a Sheffield United or Rochdale fan, and we turned up today with a team of kids and gave Chesterfield an easier chance at three points than we did them.

Plus, as others have said; may simply be none of our youngsters who are either fit or not out on loan are good enough to have the honour of a spot on the bench? :dunno:

We only took 17 players up & knew Wilbraham hadn't trained all week. Cotts can't rate the youngsters as being anywhere near first team material as the U21s season is finished and he hasn't even taken any for the experience of being in a matchday squad.

• Like 1