IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

6 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Shame the rain came today, Glos were well in that game.

As a big Glos fan, not so sure that we could have squeezed M'sex enough in the last few balls, especially with Malan still there and they had plenty of batting if required, so will have to take that one.  We need to beat Hants on Tuesday in Bristol (going to that one) and then see how things unfold in the 2 local derbies.  We are suffering big time with Michael Klinger's lack of batting form and Benny Howell's injury could be a problem for us.  My prediction is that we have no chance of a top 2 (home tie) finish but could get into the quarter finals, but worried that we  might miss out on our inferior run rate. Still all to play for though!

• Like 1

Just watching the Somerset/Kent game having it on record, just seen Milne's drop :laugh: I don't watch a huge amount from other counties, it may be the small boundaries but is there something about Somerset players that you must be able to play the scoop shot?

On 12/08/2019 at 02:06, New Dazzler said:

As a big Glos fan, not so sure that we could have squeezed M'sex enough in the last few balls, especially with Malan still there and they had plenty of batting if required, so will have to take that one.  We need to beat Hants on Tuesday in Bristol (going to that one) and then see how things unfold in the 2 local derbies.  We are suffering big time with Michael Klinger's lack of batting form and Benny Howell's injury could be a problem for us.  My prediction is that we have no chance of a top 2 (home tie) finish but could get into the quarter finals, but worried that we  might miss out on our inferior run rate. Still all to play for though!

Important win tonight but they should really have knocked those off in some overs fewer to up the RR. 100- 1 from 11 should have been 140 from 15 max not 18

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Important win tonight but they should really have knocked those off in some overs fewer to up the RR. 100- 1 from 11 should have been 140 from 15 max not 18

Yes a great win after a good start from Hants, we pegged them back really well.  I know what you mean about the run rate, but it is probably getting the balance right,  Hampshire suffered when they started trying to whack 6's after the power play and were constantly getting caught on the boundary.  Would agree though that once we were virtually home and dry we might have upped the ante a bit.  Still pleased with the win, shame City lost but hey-ho it was only the cup!

I can't help but feel that the Championship is running away from us a little. Essex going well against Kent and Somerset have a big first innings total to chase in a rain affected match. There's not too many games left and, if we're not careful, it won't even go down to the final day. 

• Admin
13 minutes ago, Coppello said:

I can't help but feel that the Championship is running away from us a little. Essex going well against Kent and Somerset have a big first innings total to chase in a rain affected match. There's not too many games left and, if we're not careful, it won't even go down to the final day. 

The positive vibes are definately dwindling at the moment

Just had a look at the remaining fixtures

Essex play: Warwickshire and Surrey at home, then travel to us

We have to play Yorkshire home, Hampshire away then finish against Essex 

It's currently raining in Canterbury, weather may be our saviour yet

• Like 1